November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Eyeliner - Biotherm - Define Eyes Liner - #140 (purple)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2003 1:11:00 PM More reviews by greeneye

On the lookout for a deep, cool toned purple liner to replace my MAC Permaplum which I love for color but not for consistency, I came accross this pencil. It's great! Soft and creamy and easy to apply, and not too expensive (a little more expensive in Europe but still). The MA applied shadows in 430 (deep purple/plum) and 315 (medium mauv-ish) with it and my green eyes popped like mad. :)This MA had just had a Biotherm training and showed me little tricks - like when you apply a soft white kohl pencil over this one, or over any other color, the color becomes lighter (duh) and so vibrant! Biotherm has kept all their colors (done by MA Ellis Faas from The Netherlands) pretty matte and included highlighting products (Light Effect - liquid, Play on Free - powder) in various shades to chance the effect of the Play On shadows. The MA was mixing and playing around and showed me ways to make much more of a matte eye shadow that I hadn't thought of before.... nice. (NW25, dark brown hair, green eyes). Edited: I am a little disappointed with the staying power of all Biotherm products I've tried so far. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 3:10:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Biotherm has two purple liners; this one and a red toned violet. #140 is a muted purple. It has a light shimmer that is only apparent when it's smudged or when you apply eye shadow over it. Then the shimmer is really enhanced, but it's not like a glittery eye or anything like that. It's subtle but it brings attention to your eye. This is a great eye pencil.
It has a pencil tip on one end and a sponge smudger on the other. Biotherm has the silkest and softest eye pencils I've ever used. At $11.50, it's a great buy for a department store liner. These are like sleeper products...you look at them and think, oh big deal, but when you use them, then you really understand the beauty of these liners.I LOVE this and I generally hate to wear purple around my eyes, but I LOVE this liner. It really brings emphasis to my eyes and brightens them, especially with shadow sweeped over it. Simply amazing. continued >>