September 1, 2014 | 1038 users online

Powder - Chantecaille - Compact Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Skintype: Very DSPW

This is a LIGHT to MEDIUM coverage foundation.

It doesn't cover pimples that well, they seem to poke thru, even if you try to cake it. However in saying that it has the best anti-shine staying power ever. I use this on the very humid / hot West Australian days [40+ degress celsius]. If you are looking for a light coverage foundation with great staying power, and have pretty good skin already, this foundation is for you.

EDIT: I just picked this up again for the first time in 10 years. It really is specatcular. It's sits so finely milled on my dry skin, and it leaves my skin looking poreless and glassy without sitting in lines. Damn I love it. Petal is a great match for my uber PPP skin. Don't be put off, it applies and wears much lighter than it appears in the pan. Great packaging too. :D However it's not very forgiving on very very dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it for winter wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by chevalierbossu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in shade "Shell", I am quite fair and I find this shade just right, though I'm thinking about getting the NW shade "Petal" as well thinking since it is so light and natural, it won't be artificial to use the whiter and pinkier shade "Petal".

"Shell" is natural on my face, it's almost like I haven't done make up, it just light up complexion, I have both used it with or without a makeup base. I of course prefer a makeup base because in the afternoons, without the help of a makeup base, it falls off (or melt) a bit.

I pair it with Dior Radiant Base, this combo light up my face. I look alive. I am happy with the golden micro-shimmer contained Radiant Base and then a thin layer of this Chantecaille, I'm quite happy that I don't look too melty after 8 hours.

But note that it is more lean to weak coverage side, I will give it a 3 out of 10 for coverage if 10 is full score. really weak! So for people who don't have good skins conditions - most of us are like that unfortunately, it doesn't cover at all. It highlights the good skin but doesn't help disguise bad skin. You need to have a good base - primer + foundation and then apply this compact, use it alone, it only helps to light up your skin a bit and helps to even out discoloration a little but it doesn't give any coverage.

Still a bit drying even Chantecaille claim it's moisturizing, but I don't expect a compact to do the moisturizing work.
My skin feels extremely dry so I find this compact isn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by littleanita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's the best compact ever! i will definitely buy it agn!!
it's sheer, nature, give your skin beautiful glow!!
i got the peach coulor, it's perfectly match with my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Per Paula Begoun:

Coverage: Polished, natural, and sheer, especially for a powder foundation; wears more like a pressed powder

Application: smooth and even

Finish: Natural Matte (not dry or chalky)

Shade Selection: Beautiful, but each goes on lighter than it looks in the pan (must test drive)

Appropriate Skintype: Best for normal to dry or slightly oily

I would have to say that I agree with Paula's critique.

I love to wear this over my sunscreen. However, the biggest selling point for me was the shade selection. I have a very hard time finding foundation colors that match me. My skintone is in the family of NW20-NW25, but the MAC products look chalky on me. If you have pink, peach and yellow undertones; and, if you find that most foundations wear too yellow or too pinky beige on you, CHANTECAILLE COMPACT MAKEUP IN PEACH just might work. It did for me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by girllovepurple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder foundation I've ever used - comparing to Channel, Armani, YSL, Guerlain, and NARS etc. I have dry skin so generally I am not doing very well with powder. But this one is different. The texture is so smooth that it went on my face than disappear yet I can tell all my pores and minor imperfections were covered. And it lasted quite long time - my face was still fresh after a long night going out. It's amazing. I'm NW20 and Peach is perfect for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by karens

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Chanel Mat Lumiere but was worried that #30 Aurore was a little too dark (we have such a poor colour selection in the UK I need to get a better shade in the US soon). I decided to try Chantecaille Compact makeup after reading the fab reviews here.

I bought mine at SpaceNK for, gulp... £47 (approx $70). What a waste of money. This seems to be nothing more than a tinted powder. The shade Cashew is a better colour on me than my HG Chanel (although my DD thought it was a little too light), but the texture feels dry and powdery, accentuating any dry areas and making the skin around my eyes look crepey - ouch! As for coverage, what coverage? I was oily and needed to use a blotting sheet after a couple of hours (at least 5-6 with Chanel).

The packaging is bulky and dare I say it, cheap looking. Having used and loved other Chantecaille products I was really disappointed with this - not to say miffed at my expensive mistake. I'm sticking with Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by caprihong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THis is the best powder foundation I have ever used! I've tried numerous high-end ones including Chanel, Armani, Lancome, Shiseido to name a few. Bought this because I wanted something easier to apply than my liquid foundation during the hot humid summer...I am so glad I did. I have dry cheeks but slightly oily T--zone, but this was hydrating and did not appear cakey at all. So far the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another Chantecaille product that I have used for years and am never without! I use bamboo and find that it is very natural and light but makes my skin look beautiful and flawless (I do have good clear skin though). The compact lasts me for absolutely ages as I do not use a lot so this more than makes up for the price. A beautiful product. I've tried most other brands and always always come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

A great sheer coverage foundation!!!! i wish I could give it more than 5 lippies! love everything about it.... expect the price tag. It makes me look natural yet polished and my skin feels very comfortable with it. The oil control is not bad and its staying power is very impressive( i have very oily t-zone and most of the foundations do not stay on my t zone for more than 4 hours while this one looks incredibly beautiful even after 6 hours) At the same time, it's not drying either, can be used at the under eye area. Bamboo is a perfect light yellow toned shade, wonderful match for my NC20 skin. Wish the package and refill could be sold separately so we could save some money. Anyway, this has become my new HG. highly recommended!

~~Update~~ It has been 2 years and this is still my HG powder foundation. I have tried some others but no one is as good as this one. My skin has gone through some horrible breakouts during these 2 years, and this is the foundation that i always feel safe to use when my skin is suffering from irritation. The only complaint... the price tag, The price has gone even higher! Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by angelxx

it works as good as the future skin foundation, it doesnt appear to be powdery on your face at all..when i tried other powder foundation, they look faked and powdery; however, this one doesnt...it looks like barely skin without any foundation on but give you some radiance and little coverage...its fantasty