Revlon Double Twist clear base/top coat

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/16/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mediocre as top coat, okay as base coat. Using it as a top coat doesn't prevent chipping for as long as and actual top coat, but it does make my polish smoother and shinier. It does lift up colour if the layer underneath isn't bone dry, though.

Pretty good as a base coat--I don't notice any yellowing of my nails, and my polishes 'stick' pretty well. I bought two bottles, and I'm using them as base coats now.

on 6/28/2011 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The absolute BEST topcoat! This has been discontinued for a while, I think, but I see it at Big Lots from time to time. I think I have 3 or 4 bottles so I should be set, but I will be sad when my stash eventually runs out. Iíve tried many fast-drying top coats, and I always go back to this one. It doesnít dry as fast as Seche Vite, but lasts way longer (and doesnít make my polish peel off). Iíd say it dries to the touch within 3 minutes, and dries completely within 10-15. It doesnít ever get thick or hard to apply. Iíve had some bottles for 5+ years are they are still usable. My only complaint is that sometimes it will Ďliftí the underlying polish causing streaks, but Iíve remedied this by applying a somewhat-thicker-than normal coat, and trying to apply to the whole nail in one swipe (and making sure to wipe the brush on a tissue before returning it to the bottle to avoid contaminating the whole bottle with color.) With this top coat I get 3-5 good days of wear out of my nail color with minimal chipping (which is good for me- Iím not careful with my nails at all). BTW, I only use this as a top coat. Iíve found as a base coat this will make my polish peel off, but as a top coat only, its excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't even remember how I got this but I have had it for over 6 years. It is still in perfect condition. I just decided to use to today on top of Rimmel Steel Grey. I thought it was okay. It does make the nail polish shinny, but that's expected. However, it did pull off my nail polish from under making me redo a couple of fingers. I hate waiting for nailpolish to dry or having to redo so I definitey won't repurchase. I rather spend an extra dollar or two on something that will save me time.

on 3/16/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the great reviews on this. This is the worst top coat I've ever used. This stuff never completely dries! I used to think it was because I was doing it wrong and not giving it enough time to dry. But I just tried it again now and two hours later, it's still not dry.

There's also something in it that does very weird things to my nail polish. It's like it dissolves the nail polish underneath it and makes it roll off in glops. My nail polish was completely dry before I applied the top coat and it wouldn't budge when I touched/scraped/rubbed it. But after the top coat, I can just place the tip of my nail on another nail and it'll leave a dent through the layers of polish. And then I can push off the rest of the polish like I used nail polish remover. It's so weird!! Worse thing ever! It ruined my nail polish!

on 5/3/2009 1:33:00 AM

This is awesome... SUPER SHINY! I have not tried it as a base coat, though. I only use it as a top coat. It dries VERY FAST.... and I have had the same bottle for 2 years... it has not gotten too thick. Still the same consistency. One important thing though: DO NOT PUT IT ON UNTIL YOUR POLISH IS DRY! If you are too eager, it could strip some of the color from your nails. Just wait that extra few minutes for the color to dry, then apply Revlon Double Twist, and your nails will be finished in no time... and be SUPER SHINY!

on 1/22/2009 9:30:00 PM

# 1.....for me EVER!!!! believe me im crazy about nails and nails products- ask my husband :) he knows.....i got revlon base coat about mont ago- the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST ever. i'll tell you why: 1. doesn't make my nails yellow!!!!!!!! 2. keeps my nail polish on for about 8-9 days; doesn't matter what brand i use (opi, essie, chanel, rimmel, revlon). 3.dries fast.
im going to throw all of my base coats away! i don't need them any more. bye bye seche, essie, opi.......revlon rocks these days!!!!!

on 4/27/2008 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I borrowed this stuff from my mom, and have yet to return it. It's great! I love it. I only paint my toenails. My polish lasts for atleast 2 weeks without chipping because of this stuff. It makes my nails so shiny. I love it.

on 2/5/2007 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I found that this dried fast and made my nails shiny. I have to agree with a previous reviewer, though: when i used this as base coat and top coat, my nail polish just peeled off (remember that peel-off nail polish for kids). I used it yesterday just as 2 coats of clear polish and early this morning it just fell off too. Weird. I'll try something else next time.

on 1/14/2007 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this as a top coat. It is super shiny and dries really fast. I keep several bottles around the house and in my travel kit. I take it with me as a top coat when I get a pedi. What they use at the nail salon is nowhere near as shiny.

I've used this with Orly, OPI and MAC nail polishes and I was disappointed with it. When I used it as a base and top coat my nails were chipping the next day. I switched to OPI for a base coat and kept Revlon for the top coat and my manicure lasted a couple days longer. I'll probably continue to use this as a top coat, especially on my toes, since they don't chip as easily, but I won't be buying this again.