August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Super Shiney high gloss top coat

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: This top coat is best used the day after you've done your nails. It dries fast when you already have completely dried polish on. It has helped my manicure last longer than it usually would. I did my nails Sunday night, applied CND top coat Monday, and my nails are still going strong (with minimal tip wear). Adding one more lippie because when it dries, it dries well and maintains great shine.

Wow, this top coat takes a very long time to dry! After doing my nails one night, I let them dry for a good hour and a half almost two hours. I went to bed and woke up the next day to nails no longer "super shiney" but matte because the top coat did not dry all the way. My polish was fine it was the top coat that did not dry. I ended up going over my nails again with Essie's "Good to Go Top Coat" (which is my usual go to top coat) and it corrected the damage. CND is shiny as the name implies but I'm very disappointed with the time it takes to dry. I bought this top coat knowing I was going to love it and now I'm really disappointed that I have a huge bottle of this stuff that I will probably only use when I have an entire day to dedicate to drying my nails. (Who has that kind of time?) I ended up going back out and buying another bottle of Essie's top coat. Kind of wish I did that in the first place but trail and error is the only way to know what works best. If you don't have the time, don't buy this product.

The only reason I gave this product 2 lippies is because I love the brush and bottle. I also love that the liquid has a purple tint so when you work with colors that tend to bleed (reds, plums, blacks) it does not transfer back into the bottle or on the brush. Also, the price was pretty good. I got a huge bottle from my local nail retailer for $12 bucks. It will last me forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this item after hearing it was similar to china glaze no chip top coat but better. The consistency was quite runny and thin but application was easy. I didn't find it to be that shiney, the second time I used 2 coats but that didn't really change the look just how long it lasted. So far a mani hasn't lasted more than 3 days with no chips and the record with cg is 7. I also don't really like the packaging to much, I find the brush a little to firm. Drying time is better than cg which is why i would buy this again, I'm hoping as i use it up my manis will start to last longer as i find this happens with cg (I'm guessing from getting thicker?).

Overall cg is more shiney and lasts longer than this but If you don't have hours to be careful with your hands then its worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mariellopez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL TOP COAT!!! I used to use the Seche Vite Top Coat and this is honestly 1000000000000 times better! It doesnt have an ingredient that causes "birth defects" or whatever which is very convenient. This retails for less than $10 which is super worth the price because its amazing! Its also super shiny and lasts longer. The Seche Vite peels off after one day and you really waste your polish. I recommend this to ANYONE and also it has the shine of Shellac nails, well, they also sell those kind of stuff so it makes sense. Hope you found my review helpful!! Have a good day :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by myaddictions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw a friend got a manicure from across the room and complimented her since it looked so nice. Come to find out she didn't get a manicure, and let me in on her secret....CND Super Shiny Topcoat! She told me her manicurist suggested it, and she never looked back.

I quickly bought it off of Amazon ($7) and tried it out. It's great! My nails are shiny but most importantly there are no chips! I did my nails on Monday. It is now Thursday and they are still going strong!

I just added an additional top coat to my existing color and am sure my self-mani will last thru the weekend.

My nail polish used to chip within a day or so, so for it to last even as long as it has is a big deal for me!

Someone on here said it took to long to dry, but I find it dries quicker than several other top coats I've tried!

I would also highly recommend Quimica Alemana as a base coat. This stuff is STRONG and will transform your nails! Trust me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This takes a while to dry, and really is NOT 'super shiney' on my nails. I could forgive the drying time if it gave the effect I was looking for, but I don't at all get the high shine finish other reviewers mention. It's the worst high end topcoat I've used...poshe and seche are much better, as is Sally Hansen. I can't wait to finish my bottle and get on to something better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by titapuente

So i love Super Shiney, but i must say I never use it as a top coat on a fresh manicure b/c I know it would take forever I use Mavadry, but after a day or so I revamp the shine with Super Shiney and let me tell u since its not a fresh manicure it dries up rather quickley and it forms a hard shell which i love. I this weekend did one hand Super Shiney and the other Rock Top Coat. the shine was the same for both except Super Shiney lasted longer it was like i said harder then Rock Top Coat, I have not tried that one in the sun since they say that Rock Top coat gets its maximum hardness w UV Lamp or Sun exposure but either way I Iove Super Shiney like i said not on a fresh manicure either a day later or so.. and i am never let down when i do it this way.
When I go get my hair done the beautician always says "oo you got your nails done" and ppl at my job always ask did i go get my nails done and its all because of how shiney this is.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by irinan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am confused about majority of positive reviews saying it gives shine. After a few hours my nail polish looks almost matte. And it takes long to dry... After reading all positive reviews here, I bought 2.3 oz bottle on amazon for $10+$4 shipping, what a waste of money... Very disappointed. Seche Vite is still the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I could say this was as good for me as it was for everyone else! It does give a high-gloss shine. But even with 2 coats, my polish still chips within the day. Poor result at this price point. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

This is a great 3-free top coat that keeps my polish from chipping for at least 3-4 days (even with constant typing, dishwashing, showering, handwashing, etc). It's not "super shiney," as the name suggests, but I don't mind b/c long-lasting, chip-free nails are my first priority. The thin formula applies easily and dries pretty quickly. One thing I did notice was the translucent nail brush takes on the color of dark polishes, but luckily the color doesn't transfer to the rest of the bottle. So far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by dogzrox247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my goooooood... THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT EVER!!! I did my nails over a week ago and I don't have a single chip! Not one! This works 600 times better than my OPI topcoat. The weird thing is though, is that when ever I hurt my finger and think my nail polish is ruined, I take a look at my finger and instead of scratches and chips I get these strange scuff marks. It's wonderful! When I jammed my finger in the door there was a huge scuff mark and I was able to get rid of it easy with a bit of water and there was no damage what so ever to my nails. That's incredible! Although by the end of the week the shine has died down a bit, it still looks like I just did my nails today. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a long-lasting nail polish. Will definitely keep buying until I'm 90!!!!