August 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - L'Oreal Smooth Intense Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by neverender

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gave me scalp pimples.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have an oily scalp that gets itchy and flaky, while the rest of my thick, waist length 2b/c curly hair is dry. Treating it with moisturizing shampoos gets rid of the itchiness and flakes, but makes my scalp a greasy mess. Shampoos for oily hair get rid of the grease, but make my scalp even itchier and flaky. I have tried expensive and drugstore shampoos. I tried and love Alterna Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo, but itís too expensive for regular use. I thought a gel-based shampoo, not a creamy one, would work better for the oiliness, so after sniffing and looking at the textures of several shampoos, I picked this one. It became clear within two weeks that this was a bad choice. I found this shampoo very irritating to my scalp, making it oilier, itchier, and flakier within 24 hours (and I only shampoo every other day). I also had an eczema breakout on my scalp, which had NEVER happened to me before. As for the smoothing effects of this shampoo: I noticed my roots were even frizzier and the short pieces of regrowth stuck out in every direction. The packaging of this was also cumbersome, I would store it upside down and this would cause way too much shampoo to pour out. I wonít buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by tmciulla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great to tame frizz in humid Atlanta weather, especially if I shampoo at night before bed and wait until morning to blow it out. I also use the conditioner and polishing creme from the same line.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by daisy5679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because CVS had it on sale and l'oreal had $5 off of 2 coupon, so I paid a few dollars total for the shampoo and conditioner. I'm glad I only spent that much because this may be the worst shampoo I've ever used! No matter how many times I lather, my roots are extremely greasy and never feel clean. The rest of my hair feels dry and has this weird feeling to it, almost like it is sticky and has no slip. The conditioner is ok, but nothing special. It's going in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by jidimc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine, oily hair with some frizz at the ends, and this shampoo did not work for me at all. My hair looked very flat and would start to feel dirty/greasy less than 12 hours after washing. Even worse was that I noticed a lot more hair than usual was falling out in the shower when I was using this shampoo regularly. I will say that it smells good and the packaging is pretty, but those are useless if the product is garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by oceansun

I have been wanting to fix my dry and frizzy hair I researched different types of shampoos and this one didn't disappoint. Together with the conditioner and the serum really makes your hair soft, that my boyfriend touched my hair more often! LOL The smell is great and my hair is growing long, healthy, and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by JenniferJMK

I was excited when I seen this new product on sale at my local Walgreens. The packaging/display was really appealing. For the last few years I have been using the same products, that I purchase at a local salon, but I have grown tired of them. So I decided to give the Smooth Intense shampoo/conditioner a try...they were very reasonably priced. My hair is color processed, long, and very fine textured...but I have tons of it! It can also be very wild, frizzy, and out of control. I am extremely disappointed. The products have left my hair feeling dirty, with heavy build up at the scalp...but dry and frizzy on the ends. Plus, I think I may be slightly allergic to the products. My scalp itches, and now I have flakes for the first time in my life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great shampoo, great price and does the job well. I got it for about $3.20 in Shanghai, China. Could not understand any ingredients, any name but based on look from the bottle - it's Smooth Intense Shampoo.
Anyways, I love the fact it foams right away, and a lot.
I love that my hair feels so smooth and they are not tangled, so easy to brush afterwards.
However, I know L'oreal brand uses SLS (sulfatres) in mostly all hair products, so I will see how it goes and update later.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by elinahzly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would NEVER buy this product again. It made my hair even dry, greasy and i must say it again, really DRY. I never had a damage like this before, i won't recommend to use this shampoo to my friends, but the conditioner worked! my hair less frizzy, but it became dry and out of control. So, both of the products, shampoo and conditioner, I WONT dare to buy them in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

love love love this shampoo so so much, makes my wavy hair look straight, but then again must be careful with this shampoo, can make hair look flat looking, love the smell though