L'Oreal L'Oreal Smooth Intense Shampoo

3.0

on 3/6/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this was my first loreal shampoo. this shampoo claimed to tame any frizziness u have. i was intrigued then decided to buy it. oh first of all my hair is dark brown, wavy, and coarse. not to mention its very dry, esp at the end. i dont know if this has anything to do with the dryness but my wave isnt the type that is 'on purpose'. it just looks absurd lol. after ive been using this sampoo for a week, i noticed my hair became a lot smoother and shinier, my wave was on purpose, and i could easily ran my fingers through my hair. however this shampoo has a downside for me. if i use it regularly my hair would feel greasy and limp. it would lose its volume and bounciness, not that bad but i prefer voluminous hair on me.
what i do is i switch regularly between this shampoo and any other shampoo that i have. just to balance the grease and volume level. btw i kinda like the smell of this shampoo and it lingers after washing, even the day after (only me? lol)
i hope u find this review helpful.

on 1/3/2015 3:54:00 AM

First of all, I do not use this as a shampoo, I use the Loreal Elvive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz (the ORANGE) shampoo to CLEAN MY MAKE UP BRUSHES. It works AMAZINGGGG - sorry for all the caps i'm just that excited and in love with this product!!! - Not to mention is less than only $5!!

Hands down fav makeup brush cleaner, I have tried regular hand soap (bad, I know), other shampoos, cleaners specifically for makeup brushes and even baby shampoo and they simply do not compare. One squirt in your palm, wet the brush and swirl the brush in your palm and there you go a clean, not to mention nice smelling makeup brush. I LOVE it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

While it did an okay job of cleansing my hair and smells rather nice, it made me break out near my hairline. It took me a while to figure out what was causing these break outs but I realized this was the only new product in my skin/hair care regimen. Mind you, I'm not usually sensitive to shampoos and this has never happened to me before. Tossed in the trash and will not be repurchasing.

on 8/31/2014 2:01:00 PM

Okay. For those of us with eczema, I have figured out why this is a really bad choice for shampoo. It contains salicylic acid, which can be very irritating to eczema-prone skin. I noticed the eczema on my hands (normally fine in the summer) was getting worse a couple of weeks after starting use of this shampoo. WHY they put that stuff in shampoo, I'll never know. Matrix puts it in their Biolage shampoos, too.
I agree with the other reviewers that this stuff does not clean well and it builds up on your hair. I'm throwing it out after I write a scathing letter to L'oreal.

on 6/14/2014 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Gave me scalp pimples.

on 5/24/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have an oily scalp that gets itchy and flaky, while the rest of my thick, waist length 2b/c curly hair is dry. Treating it with moisturizing shampoos gets rid of the itchiness and flakes, but makes my scalp a greasy mess. Shampoos for oily hair get rid of the grease, but make my scalp even itchier and flaky. I have tried expensive and drugstore shampoos. I tried and love Alterna Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo, but itís too expensive for regular use. I thought a gel-based shampoo, not a creamy one, would work better for the oiliness, so after sniffing and looking at the textures of several shampoos, I picked this one. It became clear within two weeks that this was a bad choice. I found this shampoo very irritating to my scalp, making it oilier, itchier, and flakier within 24 hours (and I only shampoo every other day). I also had an eczema breakout on my scalp, which had NEVER happened to me before. As for the smoothing effects of this shampoo: I noticed my roots were even frizzier and the short pieces of regrowth stuck out in every direction. The packaging of this was also cumbersome, I would store it upside down and this would cause way too much shampoo to pour out. I wonít buy this again.

on 5/17/2014 2:17:00 PM

Works great to tame frizz in humid Atlanta weather, especially if I shampoo at night before bed and wait until morning to blow it out. I also use the conditioner and polishing creme from the same line.

on 3/7/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a whim because CVS had it on sale and l'oreal had $5 off of 2 coupon, so I paid a few dollars total for the shampoo and conditioner. I'm glad I only spent that much because this may be the worst shampoo I've ever used! No matter how many times I lather, my roots are extremely greasy and never feel clean. The rest of my hair feels dry and has this weird feeling to it, almost like it is sticky and has no slip. The conditioner is ok, but nothing special. It's going in the trash.

on 12/17/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have fine, oily hair with some frizz at the ends, and this shampoo did not work for me at all. My hair looked very flat and would start to feel dirty/greasy less than 12 hours after washing. Even worse was that I noticed a lot more hair than usual was falling out in the shower when I was using this shampoo regularly. I will say that it smells good and the packaging is pretty, but those are useless if the product is garbage.

on 9/29/2013 3:07:00 AM

I have been wanting to fix my dry and frizzy hair I researched different types of shampoos and this one didn't disappoint. Together with the conditioner and the serum really makes your hair soft, that my boyfriend touched my hair more often! LOL The smell is great and my hair is growing long, healthy, and soft.

Popular Shampoos