December 18, 2014 | 1670 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - silk-protection soft solid deoderant (click-up)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I have pretty dry armpits. So I saw this and thought "hrmm this is supposed to make them silky..ok?" so I purchased it and what a WASTE of money!! It made them itch HORRIBLY! they broke out in a rash and it made me have horrible B.O. which no other deodorant never has never done. I don't understand how this stuff has worked amazing for 22 other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by JiffyLegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at a restaurant where half of the tables are outside, so being in Florida, it gets very hot! I tried SO many deoderants and perspirants to try to prevent the horrid smell I was giving off by the end of my shift. Half of them didn't work from day one, the other half worked for a month, then completely stopped working. A friend told me to try Dove and I laughed, not thinking something that's known for making your armpits silky would help my horrible B.O.! But I was desperate and I tried it anyway. Thank god because I LOVE IT! I've been using it for about a year now and it keeps the smell and sweat stains away as good as it did on day one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

ive been using dove deoderant for over a year and its great. it leaves my underarms soo soft and it isnt cheap. doesnt irriate my skin and the smell isnt strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by galinda333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this deoderant, I own it in a cucumber scent (My BF picked it out). This is the first one I have tried and I have been using it for over a month. It works very well and smells great. It makes me feel very fresh and it does not feel cakey like some other deoderants out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using the Solid Dove Anti-Perspirant in Silk for almost two years, and it's definitely the best (second to it is Dove Original in Cream variant). I've tried zillions of deodorants, which either gave me under-arm bumps or an unpleasant scent. This one lasts all day on me (even on the beach), is smooth, and with a pleasant scent. No more under-arm allergies either. HG in deodorants.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, this wasn't working for me. It wasn't giving me the protection I needed. I found that if I applied it at night before I went to bed and in the morning though, I had no problems. It makes shaving now a breeze without too much irritation and my underarms feel smooth. Smells good too. edit: stopped working for me and didn't protect me from getting odor over time

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by glacier_girl

I am now on my second of these and not looking back. I was reacting badly to the Nivea spray deodorant I had, so I thought this would be a good alternative as I love the soap. The antiperspirant is long lasting, it has a nice scent and my underarms which I wax always feel smooth and soft. Virtually no white marks on clothing either!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Whitneyone

I wish that Dove would make an Aluminum-free deoderant. Until then, I use this. I have this in Soft Floral. It's a lovely scent and lasts all day. The scent does tend to get stuck in the underarm part of my shirts, and so after washing them and wearing this deoderant for a while, this funky smell can develop...I am positive it is due to the aluminum. All deoderants with aluminum cause that. But like I said, until there's a non-aluminum formula, I'll continue to buy this because it's the most gentle on my sensitive skin of ALL the deoderants I've ever tried. And I've tried SOOOOOOO many!!! This is a great deoderant/anti-perspirant!! Have repurchased many times.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2005 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ohsosweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*I have this in Radiant Silk. This deodorant feels like such a treat upon application. Makes me feel like I'm being pampered every morning. My underarms feel so smooth; not wet, rough & irritated like they do with gel deodorants. Just be sure to let it dry for a few minutes before putting on clothes, be careful! Decent job on controlling wetness, and does an AWESOME job controlling odor. I can smell it all day. My HG deodorant!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 4:12:00 PM More reviews by dcolesco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this terrific deodorant for years now and I'm never even tempted to try another. About ten years ago I discovered I had a little nervous sweat problem (sorry, its gross!). My doctor told me to buy Certain Dri, which certainly did the trick. There was something about putting it on at night and not after showering in the morning that affected me psychologically though and I missed the idea of a traditional deodorant. Somehow I tried Dove, and I haven't looked back since. Keeps me completely dry and fresh. I think its a huge testimonial to compare it to something as strong as Certain Dri. I love it!