October 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Moisturizers - Mary Kay - Formula 3 Oil Control Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

OK, I have absolutely no complaints about it. This is so far the best oil contril product I have ever used. It's very soft, fresh and easy to blend in. If you have combo or oily skins, dont even consider about other products, just go get one.

Considering its super soft texture, super easy to blend in, and super oil-free, plus its very affordable price, no product beats it. (I know I sound like a commercial, but I just can't help, cos it is soooooo good!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While I'm sure for some people this works fine (I know some women who like it), it does not work with my sensitive very oily skin. If you have really oily skin, do not bother using. If you have sensitive skin, it might cause irritation like it did on me, but I'm sure this varies with user. Seems to work for first 20 minutes, leaving face nice and smooth, etc, but after that seemed to make oil worse instead of better, and face began to get redder due to irritation after a few weeks use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

WOW! I am sitting at work ready to leave and my face has yet to get oily!

I have been using this lotion for about two weeks and I noticed instant results however I wanted to wait before I wrote a great review. So I have very oily skin and nothing can control it. It is really annoying that I come in at work at 9 and around 1 pm I am already shiny. Powder helps but it only helps so much and then you look cakey at the end of the day. So definitely need something for the real problem.

I have been applying to my face at night and before makeup in the morning. The only thing I did notice it has dried my face out a bit but not irritating dry so I am dealing with that. I have limited the use to only underneath makeup and it seems fine. If that happens to you, I suggest just applying a moisturizer before you go to bed so it can rehydrate your skin.
I have also been using this lotion on my chest and shoulders because I happened to break out during a humid spell (im from NY so if you know how humid it gets you can imagine) and it worked! My pimples have started to go away and my face itself has gotten better.

I purchased this on amazon just because I didnt want to wait to find a Mary Kay sales rep. and it was bout $13 but definitely worth it for its capabilities as well as the size.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by OilyDoily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for EVER. My mom gave it to me when I really decided to get serious about skin care when I was about 15. I'm 18 now and the same bottle she gave me still hasn't run out!

For the first year, it worked flawlessly, but my skin is extremely oily so by the middle of the day it would be back to the usual Oily Doily, but that's expected of my skin so I don't blame it on little ol' Mary-Kay at all. My skin also tends to get used to certain products so by the 2nd year of use it stopped working for as long as it used to. I hope I can find a different moisturizer like this one again to shock my skin back to reality!

But anyway about the product itself, it's light but effective (great for those of us oily summer sufferers), mildly scented (even though it's supposed to be fragrance free but, hello, water even has a smell), and lasts for ages if you don't use too much daily.

Loved this! And I will purchase this again, just as soon as my skin isn't used to it anymore :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by clmacintyre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is great! It provides a matte finish for my oily skin and provides just the right amount of moisture. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Bella55555

Love this! I put it on in the morning and wait about 5 minutes before putting any make up on. Its really helped mattify my skin and gives me a flawless finish. I get mine on ebay from a trusted seller because its about $5 less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I have only used this product for a few days, and I'm not sure what I think about it yet:

It gives a perfectly matte and soft look, but some days it is too dry and increases the dryness and flaws (fine lines and dried zits) instead. If your skin is moistured and calm already, this is a nice moisturizer in a not too cold climate. Here in Sweden it is 0'c outside right now, and this is to thin and not enough....

I'm not sure if this gives me zits yet, but I'll update about that...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if I consider this a true moisturizer but for oily skin it's a great product to give your skin a very soft matte finish before applying foundation. My skin really does feel amazingly soft after using. When using in conjunction with other MK skin care products they do seem to compliment each other well and they leave your skin feeling great without break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sandy12294

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. First of all it smells like cream or milk or something. idk even know how to begin to describe the smell. It comes in a white bottle with a light pink lid. It is packaged very nicely and it's quite elegant. I think it moisturizes your face great. I 100% would recommend this product to anyone with acne prone, combination oily, very oily, oily, or maybe even dry combination skin. It's great! This product is $18.00 US.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by megathon

This doesn't control my oil at all. My face looks matte when I put it on and let it sink in, but the effect is extremely short-lived. It also doesn't moisturize at all. I wouldn't purchase this again.