MAC Sequin Frost lipstick

4.3

on 8/27/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a professional makeup artist, this is a color I stock ALL the time! It flatters just about everyone, goes with just about any makeup or clothing colors, photographs beautifully, and is reasonably-priced. It looks just like a lipstick I used to buy from a company that manufactures cosmetics designed for use by professional makeup artists, but it wears longer and is less expensive. A must-have for any makeup artist's kit or anyone's makeup bag!

One of my faves. This is a very pretty purple pink with shimmer.
Again, I don't understand why these Frosts aren't popular. This one is so flattering on every skintone. I love this with a gold eye, what i'm wearing at the moment.

on 2/23/2013 7:26:00 AM

This is a MLBB pink kind of color. It was one of the first of these shades from MAC I purchased (before VGV was even released!). My first few MAC lipsticks back in the 90's were all frosts, Fluid (my first), O (my fave work color at the time), and Sequin (my casual lippie). But as time and knowledge changed about what works on me, I am got older, looks changed, I have pretty much stepped away from frost lipsticks all together. I now prefer the Cremesheen finish the best from MAC. That said, at the time I loved Sequin on my NW20, almost black hair, brow eyed 24 yr old self. But now, pushing 40, 2013, I just can't wear it with out it feeling like I am wearing a very off color. For me now, there are a million better options out there. Like Hot Gossip, Creme Cup or Peach Blossom.

on 2/23/2013 6:39:00 AM

The color is so natural and something I would wear during the day. Other than that its too plain despite the name.

on 7/27/2012 5:20:00 PM

Makes my blue eyes pop, my teeth whiter, and doesn't compete when I wear it with more dramatic makeup on my eyes. I use it as my muted/plummy lipstick. I don't get much of the shimmery/frost that some have mentioned, probably because my natural lips are highly pigmented & pink.

I apply, blot, and then reapply, using lip brush. No lip pencil for me, but I can see how this would work if you wanted to intensify it.

I have dark hair and blue eyes, NC15-NC20. I look good in plums, corals, and pinks. Some reds are also good on me, but I have to be careful not to look crazy.

I use Prep+Prime lip primer under all my lipsticks, so I havent have an issue with dryness or bleeding so far. When I first put it on, I thought Sequin was going to be too frosty, but after blotting and allowing it to set for a few minutes, it looked great. Almost like it settled down a bit.

I also love Sophisto and Syrup, and it seems most people either love or hate all these colors. I always wear for at least an hour before I go back to the counter and buy. Try it out and see!

on 1/28/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this lipstick. It is so pretty and on me looks like a frosty mid toned pink. Makes my whole face look alive and my eyes "pop". I love the vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks. Definitely would repurchase.NC15/NW20

I love this lipstick, goes so well with golden eye combo's. Also I love using it as a base, then putting over a different pink/light red gloss with gold undertones!

on 11/4/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in the middle of spring and I didn't like it much. But for fall, it's PERFECT!!! I love!!! This color is a mauvey berry pink frost lipstick, more on the dark side but not too dark. If you want a vampy look without the dark wine lip this is the way to go. I'm not normally into frosty lipsticks but this one isn't that bad.

on 12/18/2010 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

LOVE this color! Tied with "High Strung" for favorite MAC lipstick! =)

on 4/12/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

one of the best pink/bronze lippies on the market.... perfect application and it works with most skin tones.

always have one in my stash and always will.. well until it's dcd.

Recommended for Medium Skin