September 19, 2014 | 891 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Concrete

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this shadow primarily for my brows and it's by far the most natural looking powder I've ever tried. As other reviewers have stated this is a cool gray based brown shade with no reddish undertones. If you have dark brown or black eyebrows nothing looks more unnatural or aging to me than that weird red/brown shade that most brunette brow powders and pencils come in. This adds definition without looking obvious. I don't love this as much on my lids. It's a good color for my crease and outer corners but it's very powdery creating a lot of fallout to clean up and unlike other reviewers I didn't find this all that easy to blend out which makes it hard to acheive a natural look. That probably wouldn't be the case if this were an actual satin as advertised but this is definitely a matte finish. It does also work well as a daytime liner when applied wet. Bottom line is that I will buy it again as a brow powder/liner but look elsewhere for a similar shade for my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Tamsins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great neuteal eyeshadow. Good colour payoff and blends well. I use it as a crease shade over something frosty and this is my everyday work shadow. I would describe thr colour as a warm grey. Definitely not brown on me. I'm nw20 with dark green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiated

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had MAC's Concrete for years and years now. Bought it in high school, I've now graduated uni. By now it's almost run out, and it would have already except I bought replacement products so I could extend Concrete's longevity! I love it just as much now as I did then, and it's only grown in the number of ways I work it into my makeup. This was one of the first items I bought when I first started wearing makeup, as a matte taupe/grey colour that could double as an eyeliner as well as an eyeshadow. Used it every single day until I hit pan, and was reasonably crease-proof without an eyeshadow base.

Eventually I started using it solely for my eyebrows, which worked a treat. As many of the other reviewers have said, it's a really great alternative to eyebrow wax/gel as it's the perfect grey-brown that remains matte. For those with dark hair (black/brown), this would be a wonderful brow match for you! I probably wouldn't repurchase this now, as I would want to invest my money experimenting in other products, but younger me would be very upset if this had gone missing. Definitely an underrated MAC shade.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love concrete! I've been using this color to fill in my dark brown eyebrows for so many years now, I can't remember a time when I didn't! It IS a bit crumbly, but I have learned to work with it. Concrete is a dark ashy brown color and is great for those dark brown almost black brows. I am very pale with yellow undertones and this shade suits me very well. I will definitely repurchase for as long as it is available!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have sparse eyebrows and I hate using a pencil to fill them in as I find it's too harsh and dark. I was using the Clinique brow shaper in the past (and I still think it's a good product) but I now favour using a small brush and lightly applying this colour of shadow to fill in my sparse areas. It's a perfect colour match for my eyebrows - dark taupe (brown/grey). I also love using this as a natural colour eyeshadow that I brush along the top outer lid. The end result is that I look polished without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Winterwise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally, a brown that truly works for filling out my eyebrows in a natural, yet impactful way. As other reviewers have said, it is an absolute pain trying to find a truly neutral brown- no red, no gold, no nothing. Now that I have, I am really tempted to stock up, because this is definitely my HG brow color. Good color payoff, too. This pan should last a while- but I'm still ordering a backup!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Concrete is my favourite MAC eyeshadow,cool toned,I have grey eyes with little bit green in it,and this enhance the eye coor and doesnt look too much overdone even in the daytime,..it is lighter then basic brown color,very subtle very nice..I cannot imagine what I would use instead of this eyeshadow.It is just perfect.I like it very much.Please Mac never discontinue it.I took picture,pls have a look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Concrete is an awesome cool toned medium - dark brown. It's a satin finish that appears more on the matte side, very pigmented, blends like a dream, and is extremely versatile colour.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Deallylove12

I like using this for my eyebrows. Although, it had a greysih tone it goes perfect with my dark hair. It doesn't look too grey, it really looks natural. Expresso is too brown for me and too noticiably brown. My hair is dark brown, but not that kind of brown tone. I use this with Macs spike eyebrow penicl, it goes on really well I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How have I overlooked writing a review for this eyeshadow? I think it's the 3rd MAC shadow I ever purchased and my first fairly dark shade and I just love it. Concrete is the perfect neutral. Mac describes it as "muted taupe brown" but to me, it looks to lean more on the grey side of "taupe", though it certainly also has cool brown undertones. It is a Satin finish and so applies very nicely with no fallout and it blends out beautifully. It's one of those absolutely perfect crease colours that really is the backbone of any eyeshadow collection (along with Copperplate and Coquette, Concrete makes up my "3 C's of must haves"). Smudged under your lower lashes, it eliminates the need for an under eye pencil entirely. And it makes a very wearable daytime smokey eye for work/school - smokey but not over the top and you don't look like you forgot to remove last night's clubbing look!

Concrete is a great basic shadow with lots of uses.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No