Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich Natural Sea Kelp conditioner

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 6/19/2008 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great daily conditioner. I already gushed about this product in a review for the matching shampoo, so in the interest of sparing the innocent from my over-the-top prose, I'll just say this: best conditioner I've tried.

on 12/1/2007 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am reviewing this product not as it is intended. My review is for using this as a leave-in. For this reason, I give it a 5. My hair is very thick, color treated and naturally curly/wavy. I heat style my hair (blowdry straight and sometimes iron) a few days a week. I think it makes a great base for other styling products I utilize - especially liight serums. The smell is very light and clean. I have also used the Jojoba for this purpose with good result. The bottles are large and the company has great ethical practices. If I ever got tired of it, I would use it as a shave cream, like I do many conditioners I "outgrow".

on 4/19/2006 5:40:00 PM

This product made my hair feel great. I bought it because it was on the "no silicone list" by AngryLilHermit, but now that I have it I see that it *does* have dimethicone on its ingredient list. Anyway, it is at the very bottom of the list, so I'm going to try to get through this bottle and hopefully the little bumps on my neck and chin (the result of dimethicone in Garnier Fructis) will go away. If they don't, it'll be on to a conditioner with absolutely no dimethicon whatsoever.

I have mixed feelings about Jason shampoo, however, this Sea Kelp conditioner has been great for my thick hair and makes it very easy to comb out and very smooth and shiny. That said, it is a heavier conditioner so you shouldn't use it on your roots, only the ends, otherwise you might end up with very flat hair. The smell is fine by me. I might try another scent next time in this same formula. I am so glad I am no longer using harsh chemical conditioners like Pantene.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a nice thick conditioner. It has plenty of slip and it rinses relatively clean. However I am somewhat annoyed the smell. It is strong and it lingers. I would definitely buy it again.

**Update-I really hate the smell of this, so I will test other J/A/S/O/N natural conditioners to see if they smell better. And this doesn't work well as an after shampoo conditioner because it is not moisturizing enough for me, but it's good for conditioner washes and rinses**

Update 7/31/05-I gave this away. I don't think I will buy any of the other conditioners because I others that are way better.

on 6/2/2005 11:42:00 AM

I really like this conditioner. I use it along with the shampoo. I have straight hair with some hi-lights and myt hair tangles easily. The hi-lighted parts of my hair are on the dry side. Roots can get somewhat oily as the day progresses. When I get out of the shower with this conditioner, I don't have to use Infusium leave-in-treatment to comb out my hair. I can easily comb through my hair; a plus for me-one less step! Since I live in a humid area some conditioners make my hair more likely to have fly-aways, but with this I can use just a little amount of gel or gloss to help with the fly-aways. I like it the smell too.

on 10/31/2004 10:03:00 AM

For starters why is a conditioner under the category of shampoo?? But in order to avoid starting a new thread here goes my 2 scents. I've been using this along with the Sea Kelp Shampoo and it takes several washes for it to work well with your hair. Remember there is no SLS and a lot of natural ingredients and hair can be finicky about new products and/or being stripped of other products so give it a chance. I found that by the 5th wash it was working with much more ease (as both this and the conditioner are pretty thick) and my hair is so darn soft and smells heavenly. I mean super soft hair. It's just like cashmere. You get a lot for the price.

on 4/8/2004 12:36:00 AM

From the front of the bottle:

"Hair Moisturizing Shampoo
No Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates
Extracts of Awapuhi and Plumerial
Leaves Hair Radiant and Soft"

When I purchased this I thought that because it contained do SLS it wouldn't dry out my hair and would also be very gentle. Wrong! I have pretty fine hair so I tend to avoid shampoos and conditioners that are too moisturizing and will weigh down my hair. However, not only is this stuff NOT moisturizing, it's also really drying to the hair and scalp. It leaves my hair dry and dull looking--yuck. I should also add that I'm incredibly un-picky about shampoos, but this was is just so bad! I'd avoid this unless you have REALLY oily hair and scalp.

I really love this conditioner. It is moisturizing enough for me to use when i wear my hair in twists. I rinse everyday with it when my hair is twisted. the smell is nice, and the price is great. Just $3.89 everyday at whole foods. You can't go wrong with this stuff. And when i travel this bottle is just the right size to pack. I love it. I have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 7/27/2003 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My local health food store has a HUGE selection of Jason products so I usually pick up something by Jason whenever I go in there.

I used this conditioner during a period when my hair felt extra dry and slightly coarse. A word to the wise: Do NOT use this conditioner unless you have *very* dry hair. This is the richest, most moisturizing conditioner that I have ever come across. It was way to heavy to use on my roots (it would have made them look greasy) but it did a great job of moisturizing my ends.

It's far too heavy for me to use daily, so I only bring it out once in a very long while when my hair is super dry. I wouldn't buy this again.

Popular Shampoos