October 2, 2014 | 1097 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Coconut Cream Pie 3 in 1

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a bunch of various small bottles of 3-in-1's as a gift for Christmas. This Coconut Cream Pie scent doesn't really smell like pie to me, more just like a nice general coconut smell (not even particularly suntan-lotion-coconut). So as far as the scent goes, it's not very original at all. However, I happen to LOVE coconut, so I adore the smell as it is anyway.
It kind of takes a lot of product in order to get a good lather (compared to bar soap, which I usually use). It cleans adequately, but I don't notice extra moisture. I only use it as a body wash. My regular soap cleans great and lasts a lot longer for a lot less money, so I'm sticking with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by aquadancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I read that other people complain that the scent doesn't last on them - this amazes me because it definitely lasts on me. Whether in my hair or used as a shower gel. Throughout the day I'll smell a subtle scent of coconut every once in a while. It is also moisturizing to the skin & does a fine job as a shampoo.

I've had this product for several years & just now getting to the bottom of the bottle - and it still works/smells great.

I wonder if maybe they changed the formula since I bought mine? There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by corawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the smell of this product but it is not at all moisturizing. it does not leave my skin feeling moisturize afterwards that i can get with other body gels/cleansers. it doesn't even leave any after scent of coconuts. overall i am very disappointed with this product. i would not purchase this product again. i've use much better and cheaper body washes than this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I liked the smell in the store and it reminded me of the beach at first. I adore coconut things...especially shampoos, washes, and so on. I love smelling like I just came from the beach (in a good way) ! This stuff, however, does not leave even a trace of scent on your skin, although it's supposed to :( it works about average as a body wash and makes my hair kinda dry and tangled. Also, after a few weeks the scent in the bottle actually seemed to get weaker and definitly did not smell like the beach anymore. switched to a diff body wash and just used this as a shave gel so I didn't waste all that money...works ok as a shave gel but not even as good as a 3$ drug store one. boo :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by mommy1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent is delicious! It doesn't stay forever but who wants to walk around smelling like a coconut all day? Reminds me of summer, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2005 8:14:00 PM More reviews by eeb01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first 3 in 1 I've tried, and I love it. It really lathers up nicely, and the smell is wonderful. My only complaint is that the smell doesn't stay on my skin once the shower/bath is over. But, I've noticed that when I use it as a shampoo, the smell does stay in my hair and I love the way it makes my hair smell. I will definitely buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by antipatsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

really like the smell of this as it's getting on to summer (in fl at least) and i was in a "hawaiian tropic" mood. lathers wonderfully, smells yummy, but the smell doesn't last. using this with demeter "salt air" and simple pleasures "coconut twist" (from walmart) lotion and body spray layered over it smells like a day at the beach. next time, though, i am getting pina colada.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2005 9:59:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this during Sephoras 20% off sale well I still got duped. It's a fake coconut smell.. I don't smell pie whatsoever. The shower gel makes my skin feel tight- no way would I ever use this on my hair. Back to the drawing board... if you want this scent pick up a 1.99 bottle of suaves body wash in coconut! It smells exactly the same! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

Smells heavenly to me! It's a light coconut scent similar to Nexxus humectress! It is by far my favorite philosophy shower gel. Gorgeous :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2004 8:55:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This is an OK bodywash.. well i use their 3 in 1's for body wash only. I like that the coconut scent is light.. but pleasant. Nothing too special about this especially for the price.. I would re-buy if it was cheaper. cuz i don't think it's worth $21CAD.

UPDATE: OK after using this for about a week.. i do find that it has a chemically/artifical smell to it.. that i don't care for!! def will not re-purchase