October 30, 2014 | 1585 users online

Polishes - Nicole - nailpolish

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most awful drugstore polishes. It is especially horrible, given how expensive this stuff is. Even for $1 or $2 you can get much better quality polish at your local store.
The brush is horrific, stiff, with some stray hairs sticking in odd directions. The shape of the bottle is odd too and very difficult to hold.
The polish chips like crazy, can even get a day out of it. It is no OPI, by any stretch of imagination. Add a dollar and buy yourself a nice bottle of Essie, or OPI, or (my new favorite) Sally's Salon.
The only good thing about Nicole is a nice color range. So if you only want certain color for just one special day, you might consider it. It deserves this 1 star.
Otherwise, cheap like everything else kardashian - just fakes pretending to be classy. Don't be fooled. Don't waste your money on this trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by krstnl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the nail polish in the color Light A Candle and I had always wanted to try a nail polish from this line but since they were always so expensive, I never bought them until they went on sale the other day. I was so giddy to try this but was hugely disappointed! The color is pretty good and looks great with a coat of white nailpolish underneath so I was excited to wear this and show it off at school the next day... But before school had ended the next day, the color on a few of my nails had chipped off! When I went home, I thought that it was because I had played volleyball, but when I repainted a few of them again, they chipped instantly again.

I usually don't mind having chipped nailpolish after a few days but I just can't stand this! Within 1-2 days, it had already chipped off, and I'm very sure that it's not because of my top coat because I've had no problems with it before. I'm glad I didn't pay the original price of $10.99 or $11.99 because this isn't even worth the $6 I paid for

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I just bought one color so far and it's called "look at me". The color is pretty but the polished chipped off the same day!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by angelzplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it chips like crazy. I'm on a budget for the price I paid for this I can have 7 polishes from a dollar store. At least when THEY chip I know what I'm getting into. I have applied two coats of top coat and they still chip. Come on Nicole, you are ripping people off. When I pay 7.99 for polishes I want top quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had some great experiences with Sephora by OPI so the first time I found Nicole by OPI at my local drugstore, I wanted to try it out. However, the retail price for this D/S line is only 1-2 dollar less than Sephora's and Sephora ones have a much bigger bottle too.

Finally, I bought Top of My World from the JB collection for around $6 when it is on cleanrance. It is a translucent color with blue/green/purple glitters inside. It is a great polish for layering. I am currently wearing it on top of Sally Hansen's Pat on the Black. The effect is gorgerous.

I have nothing against the bottle shape but not very found of the brush. It comes with the wide new brush, supposely makes the application easier. But I think it has the potential to make everything messier. The brush is too wide and thick, picks up way too much polish. It has not caused too much of a problem for me because the color i bought is actually translucent. I cannot imagine how much practice I would need if I purchased an opaque color instead.

I read many people complain about its staying ability. I have not had problem with that yet. I am wearing a top coat and Sally Hansen Complete Salon has a very impressive staying power. TOMW is not a polish that i would wear alone so I probably will not have the chance to see how well it stands on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased "OMB" and later, "Kendall on the Katwalk" (I just bought it for the glittery blue, I didn't notice it was a Kardashian color until afterwards...ick). I'm not sure why I purchased the second after my experience with the first...I was just hoping another color would be better. I don't have any problem with the bottle, the brush, the application...the red glittery OMB looked GREAT on, took about two coats. But my God--within about an hour, it chipped. Didn't last half a week. I loved the color of the "Katwalk" so much I just couldn't resist. I figure I'll invest in a good topcoat; maybe it will help (per recommendations here, I used "seche vite"). It did slow down the chipping...but not enough to be worth it. For $7.00 a bottle I expect better performance. Too bad because the colors are so cute.
I applied 3 layers of the "Katwalk"...then the "seche vite"...went to work (I stock shelves). By the end of the night most of my nails had totally chipped off. Disappointed, extremely. I would say maybe it was the topcoat but the same thing happened the night before, before the topcoat. Sad. It's too bad. Wish I could give it a better review.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by KiaC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of the Kardasians but there was one color I kept circling by so I finally just bought it. I love the color and amount of glitter in Follow me on Glitter but every time I've tried to use it, chips right away. I've tried top coat, base coat and top coat, roughing up the nail so it had more to "grab" onto. Nothing makes it last. Last night I decided to try one more time. Huge chip within 2 hours and I was doing nothing for it to chip. Woke up this morning to chips on almost every nail, while I was sleeping!! So disappointing and I won't be buying any other Nicole polishes no matter how much I love the color. I love Opi by the way, so much better at about the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by msihavebieberfever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love the colours and since Justin Bieber came out with a nail polish line with Nicole, I thought that I should try it out. I have the Give me the first dance (silver), OMB! (red), One time lime (green) and Step to the beat of my <3 (small heart glitters)
Since Nicole was by OPI, I thought it would have the quality since the price is also very close to OPI. But... no, not what I have hoped for. It chipped really easily, even after a day i could see small chips even with a top coat.
It sooo wasn't worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by christinahong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this nail polish! It's the best of both worlds, the great flat brush of Sally Hansen and OPI's amazing polish formula, I definitely recommend getting this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nicole Nailpolish is OPI's retail brand; however, just because it is made by OPI does not mean the general OPI quality is there. In fact, it's not even close. Nicole has a wide range of polish colors and textures from cremes to shimmers to glitters just like any other line. Some of the colors in this line are easily dupable in other lines. The bottle shape some people loathe. Personally, I think its kinda cute (pot-bellied). The brush is extremely thin and semi-non-user friendly. The polish application, however, is very streaky and usually takes at least three/sometimes four coats to even out and achieve bottle color. These are sold in Walmart and Target for $7 (sometimes I've even seen $10!) so this puts them close to the OPI price range. All in all, though, they are of significantly lesser quality and I would only repurchase any in this line if I truly LOVED the color.