November 24, 2014 | 1834 users online

Brows - MAC - brow set - show off

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The product seems to work providing a good hold. What I dislike about it is the color. I am a brunette with quite dark yet not black eyebrows. Yet the product shows up way too red on me, so I think it would suit auburn haired people more. The product also has a bit of shimmer in which is not necessary in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just love this! My eyebrows are medium and shaped. I plucked when I was much younger but without severely overdoing it thankfully. They are not as full as maybe I would like them to be now but all in all they look nice and shaped. I don't suit heavy drawn/filled in eyebrows. I just look peculiar if I do that! I wanted something to bring out my eyebrows shape and definition and nicely frame my eye without looking fake. I hate fake I like natural. This is the perfect brow definer for me and does exactly what I was looking for, Its a nice colour, I have dark chocolate brown hair. It has a reddish tint but this I like, I think the tint really brings out your eyes more. I didn't find it even slightly clumpy going on. In fact I found it lightweight maybe Im not as heavy handed as others. Its lovely and classy looking and not over the top but I would suggest its probably best for ok to well groomed eyebrows already, not necessarily a fill in for overly plucked brows. I will definitely continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently dyed my hair burgundy and I definitely needed something to somewhat matched my hair (used to be black) - the MUA from MAC put this on my eye brows and I was in LOVE - I would describe it as a brownish-coopery color VERY different; however very nice I put this on top of a brown pencil and im good to go..gotten very nice compliments on my brows!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color is weird -- on the website, MAC describes it as "chocolate brown" but in the tube it's more golden, metallic brown with red highlights? It goes on ok, but the color is just not deep enough. I was hoping for a solid 2-in-1 product that would add more color/heft to my brows and hold them in place, but this was disappointing. Back to BeneFit's BrowZings I go…

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this brow set! Show Off is a great color for those with brunette or black hair. It's really great for daytime use, although I like to use a darker, powdered eyebrow in the evening. Show Off is a bit tricky to use--you have to make sure there is very little product on the brush and then very lightly use it on your brows. Often when I apply it, it just touches the eyebrows and not my skin (it looks artificial and strange when I do that because it pulls out the reddish tone, which is definitely not flattering on me). Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a strange color. I'm not entirely sure who it would be perfect on. It's very dark but at the same time, kind of red toned. So there is a lot of warmth in there which is something someone with very dark hair may not necessarily want.

The product itself is good though. Provides definition and keeps brows in place.

The packaging needs work because far too much comes out. If you put that directly on your brows they are a blobby mess. You have to wipe it off with a tissue first which is a waste of product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Excellent product much better than the Estee Lauder Brow gel which I also own, almost more like a mascara formulated to brows. The strange reddish copper frosting through the brown formula made me un-nerved when I first got it thinking it would be for auburn hair types but it blends in really well and the frost helps diffuse light and make the brows look less severe after grooming which is probably common for those with darker brows, mine are naturally very dark and require no definition or colour added and look harsh and false if I use anything but gels on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME! My hair is jet black and I like my eyebrows a little lighter. I Like to use this after filling my brows in with Show Stopper..to me that is the perfect combination for beautifully groomed brows. The texture of this brow set is quite thin compared to other brow gels but I like that because it sets very quickly. Over a Show-Stopper this gives me dimension, thickness and great texture. I hate when my eyebrows look flat and drawn on. The color is a little unnatural at first glance but on the brow its very wearable. I love the wand, its small and very controllable. This product lasts a LONG time! I've had mine for over 2yrs and it hasn't dried out at all. This one of my favorite products by MAC and I recommend it as highly as I would Anastasia's Tinted Brow Gel. Try this and fall in love with it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is GREAT! It rocks.

I am naturally a dark blonde/light brunette and my brows are an ashy dark blonde. I currently dye my hair a very dark mahogany & this is the best brow product for my brows! It covers the ashy tone of my natural color and warms my face up! It gives control of my brows and looks pretty natural! I get lots of compliments on my brows when I wear this, seriously! I will use this as long as my hair is dyed dark!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason I have scored this so low is the colour - see my separet review for Brow Set in Beguile which scores much better as the colour is much better suited to me.
This looks like an auburn shade and as I have auburn hair I went for it. I am a little annoyed that the MAC assistant, who you would have expected to know that this in fact comes out a VERY dark brown, encouraged me to buy it. In fact, she even said that Beguile (which works perfectly for me) would be "too yellow".
As it was, they got £20 out of me instead of £10 because I had to go back and buy a second and in the UK we don't have this strange practice of taking things back if we don't like them which our sisters in the US seem to do all the time! In the UK once it's opened that's it - which I think is fair enough - they can't sell it if you take it back then can they? Although in the case of the MAC assistant who misled me I confess I do feel a little aggrieved.