October 2, 2014 | 1388 users online

Powder - Au Courant - Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by trixiefaux

Thanks to Makeupalley, I've found a new product that I never heard of. I'm always looking for the best mineral foundation. I've always been a loose-powder girl, too, until now. I have been using Everyday Minerals and I was pretty happy with the Semi-Matte formulation, but never quite found the best color match and didn't like the way my face looked in the afternoon after several hours of wear. This Au Courant compact is great. First of all, less mess, I still apply it with a powder brush and it's easier to get the right amount on the brush. Second, I love the shade Blonde for my NW15 fair skin. Third, being in a compact, I can take it to work with me and easily apply a little extra here or there if I need to. I love it. It provides a nice natural looking coverage. It's fairly pricey at $35 a compact, but I think it's worth it.
EDIT: I went through it too quickly to use as a regular daily foundation. It's good to keep in your purse for touch ups throughout the day...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by elizabwah

I am not regretting spending $35. for this foundation! It is THE perfect mineral pressed powder w/ an SPF 8 in it. I'm comparing this to Pur Minerals pressed powder, and Au Courant is by far a superior product- Hands down! With Pur Minerals, there is less color choice and your face becomes oily after only wearing it for 1-2 hours. You also get this chalky,cakey-ness in your expression lines and it doesn't last all day. Pur Minerals doesn't sink into the skin very good. With Au Courant, there is absolutely no shine (and I have an oily T-zone), and no cakiness. Au Courant is natural, light difusing, gives all the coverage you need (or don't). It's totally buildable for the amount of coverage you want, and gives you that "Bare Skin" look. It melts into your skin and becomes part of your skin, is the best way I can describe it. Like a miracle!

I was a Mac Studio Fix wearer for years, and always hated how it created an oil slick on my face. I was a "C3" in Mac, so I chose Au Courant's "Cream", which is for Light to Medium-Light skinned tones. It has enough yellow in it and is not at all pink. They will also custom blend colors for you if you need it. I ordered this on-line, and it shipped quickly (5 days), and they threw in a free sunless tanning spray.

This products looks a lot like Mac's Studio Fix, and is WAY better. The minerals are 1000 times better for your skin, and you won't break out with this. I've slept in it, and have not gotten acne. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin after using this product. Au Courant has been used by many modeling agencies and Hollywood TV sets, and it's no wonder why. You feel like you've just stepped out of a Rodeo Drive, Make-up artist's studio to get ready for a red carpet event. And the best part about it is that you get that Hollywood look without the price. I'll be buying more from Au Courant, most definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2003 12:11:00 AM More reviews by vanillayes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried every foundation powder out there, yes every line in the apartment stores, including lines sold in New York and in LA at Barneys, as well as at the drug store. After being on accutane my dry skin would not allow any powder foundation to work for me. I reserched mineral cosmetics and was drawn to their natural ingredients. Unfortunatly Jane iredale and glominerals left my skin tight, itching and felt like i had a , obvious layer of heavy minerals on my face which creased later on. Anyways to my point. Au courants pressed fondation is amazing! It smells like aromatherapy, andv when I apply it, it literally melts into my skin giving immaculate coverage without siting on top of my skin. Most of all it is moisterizing and does not cause my skin to itch like other products containing Bismouth. It stays put all day and always looks good no matter what. Give it a try, and the guy is super nice when you call them. Tell them i recommended it :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No