St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Juglans Regia Shell Powder (Walnut) , Glyceryl Stearate , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn) , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-100 Stearate , Cetyl Acetate , Ceteareth-20 , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Polysorbate 60 , Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol , Triethanolamine , Carbomer , Fragrance , Phenethyl Alcohol , PPG-2 Methyl Ether , Limonene , Linalool , Methylisothiazolinone , Glycerin , Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Apricot) 1/12/11

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this product.
I've read a lot of bad reviews but this scrub works perfectly on my skin.
I love that it's course and rough, removing all the dead skin and preventing my face looking like ancient Pompeii, with little volcanoes everywhere.
This is the only product I've found that doesn't cause my face to break out. Love it and have been using it for years.
I would definitely recommend it.

on 3/4/2015 8:48:00 AM

Way to abrasive in my opinion to use on the face. Maybe ok for elbows, hands and feet though.

on 1/24/2015 6:26:00 PM

My FAVORITE scrub! This stuff has been around for a long time and there's a reason. It leaves my skin feeling so soft. I use it every other day. It's not a cleanser, so you should remove your makeup first. This is a great scub! It's the only one I buy.

on 1/19/2015 8:19:00 PM

It's not gentle AT ALL! I just don't believe that you could use it all over your face, really abrasive!

Have no idea how the high score come from.

If you want to use a gentle scrub on your face, try the Aveeno one.

on 12/27/2014 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this scrub!

leaves my face feeling super soft

on 11/23/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Horrible product to use on the face. The exfoliants are too harsh for sensitive and acne prone skin. It would make my face feel smooth but the next day I would breakout all along my jawline, chin, cheeks, etc. it was just horrible and took forever to clear up. This product went straight to the trash.

on 9/25/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The best facial exfoliate Ive used. Love this, even keeps my lips smooth,but as in any grainy scrub its a bother to rinse off

on 8/26/2014 5:59:00 AM

I think this scrub is a great budget purchase. It gives a deep exfoliation without being too harsh. It's not necessarily a luxurious product but it's effective and cheap. The fragrance is subtle and not overpowering.

on 8/16/2014 4:03:00 PM

I used to use this as a teenager in the nineties and rediscovered it again just recently after many years of using other products. I thought at one point that this had actually been discontinued, so was surprised to see a tube of it (albeit a travel-sized one) in my local Superdrug.

I was pleasantly surprised by this little scrub. It's reasonably priced at 4.99 for a 150ml tube, but don't let that deter you from trying it. It might be cheap but it still manages to pack a punch in the exfoliating department. Unlike some other exfoliators I've tried, you don't need to get too rough with this either (and if you do you might just find yourself rubbing off a layer of skin!). The walnut shell powder and corn kernel meal in this are the '100% natural' exfoliants that do a good job of sloughing off the dead skin on your face and I definitely found after using this that my skin looked a lot brighter, more refined and felt a lot smoother too.

Strangely this has lanolin oil in it (something I usually react to) but in this instance I had no adverse reactions whilst using it. Like a lot of these drugstore ranges though, it should be noted that for all their 'good' claims (e.g. UK's no. 1 scrub brand; contains more than 90% naturally derived ingredients; includes Swiss glacial water, etc) there are always going to be the not-so-good. In the case of this, it also contains Methylparaben, Ethylparaben and Propylparaben which although are quite low down on the ingredients list, won't be to everyone's taste especially those of us who prefer to use 100% natural products on their skin.

I wasn't overly keen on the scent of this (a bit like really watered-down apricot cordial) but for the price and the positive results I saw whilst using it, I would definitely consider repurchasing the full-sized version in the future.