October 25, 2014 | 1566 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Invigorating Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best facial exfoliate Ive used. Love this, even keeps my lips smooth,but as in any grainy scrub its a bother to rinse off

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this scrub is a great budget purchase. It gives a deep exfoliation without being too harsh. It's not necessarily a luxurious product but it's effective and cheap. The fragrance is subtle and not overpowering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I used to use this as a teenager in the nineties and rediscovered it again just recently after many years of using other products. I thought at one point that this had actually been discontinued, so was surprised to see a tube of it (albeit a travel-sized one) in my local Superdrug.

I was pleasantly surprised by this little scrub. It's reasonably priced at 4.99 for a 150ml tube, but don't let that deter you from trying it. It might be cheap but it still manages to pack a punch in the exfoliating department. Unlike some other exfoliators I've tried, you don't need to get too rough with this either (and if you do you might just find yourself rubbing off a layer of skin!). The walnut shell powder and corn kernel meal in this are the '100% natural' exfoliants that do a good job of sloughing off the dead skin on your face and I definitely found after using this that my skin looked a lot brighter, more refined and felt a lot smoother too.

Strangely this has lanolin oil in it (something I usually react to) but in this instance I had no adverse reactions whilst using it. Like a lot of these drugstore ranges though, it should be noted that for all their 'good' claims (e.g. UK's no. 1 scrub brand; contains more than 90% naturally derived ingredients; includes Swiss glacial water, etc) there are always going to be the not-so-good. In the case of this, it also contains Methylparaben, Ethylparaben and Propylparaben which although are quite low down on the ingredients list, won't be to everyone's taste especially those of us who prefer to use 100% natural products on their skin.

I wasn't overly keen on the scent of this (a bit like really watered-down apricot cordial) but for the price and the positive results I saw whilst using it, I would definitely consider repurchasing the full-sized version in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 4 years now, and nothing exfoliates and hydrates my body like this does, my skin is left soft, supple and glowing.

My legs are better prepared for shaving (results are smoother), my moisturisers absorb better, my body is soft and I feel a lot cleaner overall too.

I use this on my odd normal to sensitive face as well, and I've had no issues at all. I like to use it every other day on my face, or whenever I feel like a "re-surfacing" is needed.

I'm on my 3rd tub of this and have no plans to stop using it anytime soon.

x

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by DaysiDarling

Well this product is very rough on my skin, I have sensitive skin and it felt a little rough. Overall its a great product its great for once a week or week and a half use. It smells good, and you feel fresh afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! The texture is just right. It's grainy and moist, not too rough and clumpy. The price is cheap for something of this quality. The smell is fruity. After exfoliating, my face which has a lot of acne scars and dry patches, feels smooth and tender. My face is neither irritated, nor inflamed/red.

I would pick this over the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub!! (Going to start using this from now on)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG scrub for my skin type. I have oily acne prone skin and this stuff is my skins best friend. Us oily skinned girls know that exfoliating is really important for us to do on our own. My skin is also sensitive so other scrubs were sometimes too abrasive. But the ones that werent barely did anything! This one is the perfect balance of intensity and gentleness. Also it smells delicious. I use it 3-4 times a week or whenever i feel my skin needs a good scrub. Its also really cheap. I think i got mine for $4. Definitely will repurchase. Oh and get the squeeze tube not the jar

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lunalunar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably one the best skincare products I have used so far! I have quite sensitive combination skin so was a little worried it would react badly but it didn't at all. It really leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft, will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by snowwwwww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This product has a really appealing scent to me and i love it. However, the packaging is kind of annoying as i need to get my own spatula to take out the product, if not i will have to dig my fingers into it which i find gross. It makes my skin feels quite clean but it still feels as though there is still a little oil. I have been using this for awhile now and it doesn't break me out, which is good. The beads are not very rough to me so i am okay with it. Overall, i will use this twice per week when i want a thorough cleaning of my blackheads or whatsoever, but not on daily basis, until i find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Liaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my daily exfoliator for about 2 months. It cleanses well and has a nice smell,i just wish the beads inside it weren't so big and rough. Doesn't break me out or dry my skin.Overall great product for the very affordable price :)