October 1, 2014 | 1832 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Eyebrightener Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is crap! It barely has any color to it, and it seems more like a moisturizer for lashes than a mascara. I too got suckered into the pretty bronze and black swirl. Marketing! We're all suckers and they know it........This stuff is not buildable at all, total waste of money. I threw it out after a few uses. It might be ok for someone who really doesn't wear makeup and just wants a touch of "something" on their lashes, but it definitely wasn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tw

I wouldn't even call this mascara. It's sort of a lash tint that makes your lashes just slightly darker than normal. No curl, no thickening, no lengthening, nothing. And it flakes like mad. It actually started flaking off between coats! And don't even think about using a lash separator - you'll be brushing flakes off your cheeks for the rest of the day. By far the worst mascara I've ever used.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got suckered in with this one, because of the pretty black and bronze swirled mascara it had. I wanted the "bronze look" that this mascara claimed it had. I decided to try this, and I am regretting it. The bronze is more like a basic light brown, and it was very dry mascara. I had a really hard time applying this. The color was minimal on my blonde eyelashes, and it didn't curl, volumize, or lengthen. It's pretty sad because I hate being let down by a company that I buy so many HG products from. I will stick to my voluminous mascara for now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2006 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Dhult

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara expecting it to give my lashes a bronzed/brown look that would be perfect for summer with a tan. That is what it advertises. However, it is no different in color than any other brown colored mascara that I have tried. I was very dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by meanderson18

I actually like this. I can never find a mascara color that really works with my eyes (a weird combo of green, blue, and a little brown depending on the light). I've tried black, soft black, black brown, and brown in various brands. None really looked "natural". This really does though and it does actually brighten my eyes by adding a little bit of sparkle to my lashes. It does curl my lashes up a bit too, which is very nice since I'm not into eyelash curling thingys. My only complaint is that it likes to smudge and I have to do undereye touch ups several times a day (but this is no different from any other type of mascara I've ever used).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Snoodlebugg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I normally have such problems with mascara. I have Asian eyelashes, meaning poker straight and that means smudging. I love the 'clean' look that I get from this mascara--non-clumping and no smudges. Plus, the waterproof washes off with plain soap and water, so no scrubbing either. I do curl my lashes beforehand, but this is the only mascara (besides Mally's) that will hold a curl for me. This really elongates and defines for me. I have the black/bronze--don't really see the bronze, but I normally use basic black anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2005 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kimshithuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this mascara. I thought it would work well for me like the blush did, but you could barely tell I had mascara on! Maybe the mascara was old or something, but I hated it. It didn't even brighten up my eyes because the mascara was dry! Worst of all it would smudge and flake, but I didn't even know how it did because I couldn't even see the mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by abengaluver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel that this mascara is comparable to Estee Lauders Illusionist mascara. I think I was paying around $20.00 for Estee Lauder. This mascara is 5.99.
I like the color, even though it applies like a dark brown.I don't see the bronze on my lashes, but that's okay. I am a redhead, and prefer this soft shadeo of dark brown. It does a nice job of curling and separating each lash. I like it because it goes on matte. No clumping.
There is just one problem, it appears that the company may be discontinuing this item!! I bought several of them at a drugstore chain this weekend at 40% off. Other stores haven't restocked this item.

The waterproof version goes on just as nicely as the regular one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Shedeviluptuous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this isnt metallic black or even black/grey...its a light shimmery grey...which is cool for being who like light shimmery grey mascara...i don't. plus it really desn't do anything special for my lashes...doesn't legnthen or thicken or curl...or anything...which is worthless to be...I hate "natural" looking mascara..bring on the fake eyeash look! but sadly, this doesn't come close.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 12:32:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara doesn't clump on me and it does curl my lashes. My only problem is that it doesn't do a good job thickening; it's more of a lengthening mascara. I have Black Bronze and, although I can't detect any bronze on my lashes, people have been complimenting me on my eyes, so maybe it does do some brightening.