Burt's Bees Royal Jelly Eye Creme with Aloe Vera [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Apricot kernel oil, vegetable glycerin, beeswax, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), aloe barbadensis gel, carageenan extract, kaolin, grapefruit seed extract, sodium borate (natural borax), royal jelly powder, magnesium sulfate (epson salt), fragrance, water

on 5/4/2013 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm only 19, so I probably don't NEED to use an eye cream yet, but I've been using this one since it was gifted to me. The consistency is pretty thick, but it spreads nicely. I only use this at night so I don't know how well it goes on under makeup. I don't have a problem with dark circles or fine lines, so I can't really say how well it solves those problems. I think it's rather expensive - $15 for .50 oz I believe- but it is in a nice glass jar with a metal screw off cap. My one complaint for this product is the smell. Let me just say I'm glad my eyes are above my nose. I don't even know how to describe the smell. I think of old ladies when I smell it. But even worse than the typical musky old woman perfume. I'd give it a 3/5.

on 3/24/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

While this DOES do it's job as a moisturizer for the eye, it is plagued with too many other issues to repurchase. I agree with the reviewer that likened it to melted candlewax in consistancy. It's just so thick and greasy that it slides at night, and I wake with really puffy eyes. I'm not sure it ever really absorbs completly. I don't think anyones delicate undereye skin could absorb that much moisture without looking like little inflated baloons.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Actually, this is a good product. But it'll be more good if they're have a dry skin eye area i think.. it don't absorb quickly in me. So i have to wait in several times or i put a powder over my eyes. So, i can't use e/s primer if i don't want it more sticky.
The texture is so thick, and my eyes area get moist. i still can't see that it can handle my lines, eyebag, dark circle or my wrinkles. So, i just still hoping it'll really work on me...

on 9/30/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It conditions my lashes, gives me lots of moisture and lasts forever. I only use at night it would be too rich under mu. I swear it lightens undereye circles a bit.
Edit: I now use pure unrefined shea butter it works the same. I have since found that while using cleansing oil and adding castor oil I get the same if not better results on my lashes and under eyes. I now only use my reg. moisturizer under eyes and love it. I will not repurchase this because it is expensive and co and moisturizer work just as well!!!

on 12/26/2008 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

My new HG (but I'm fickle). This may not be for everyone: it is thick and you will get some pull in applying but it works magic on those "laugh lines" and "crow's feet". I tend to use eye creams and think they are the best thing in the world for awhile then I'm on to the next best thing, so will update.

on 10/22/2008 3:41:00 PM

I do love this product! I have had under eye dryness for many years and it really started to make me look older. I tried everything from Oil of Olay to Lancome ($100 a pop) but this product is an allstar with me. Moisturizes great you dont need to use very much a little goes a long way. I use to have to apply eye cream every 2 hours at work because the dryness would start to seap through and I could NEVER put make up under my eyes because it made it look worse, I just avoided that area and put a little powder. This keeps me moisturized all day - I use more at night but not much in the morning because you do have to be careful or you will be too greasy. I can wear make up under my eyes again!

on 10/15/2008 5:41:00 PM

I've been trying the Burt's Bees line to address aging issues (my first wrinkle showed it's ugly head!). I've tried all of the BB's eye creme and this is my favorite. While the others are very moisturizing and the "radiance eye creme" definitely gave me a nice, dewy glow, they were too runny and very heavily fragranced. My eyes teared like crazy, and it some cases really burned, especially if I put them on before bed. As soon as I laid down for a few minutes, they would run into my eyes. This creme is definitely thicker than any other creme I've tried, but I like it because it doesn't run. Granted, you cannot put concealer over it BUT I've found that I don't need concealer when I wear it because it really brightens and lightens the undereye area. I guess it's not for everyone, but it works for me and I would repurchase. I found it at a small health food store for $11.99 and it's lasting quite some time, so it's worth the price.

on 3/31/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is really an eye "balm." Don't be mislead. Some of the reviewers mention the weight of the product and it was a surprise to me as well. Bobbi Brown makes an eye balm for $$$ in her "Special" line and this product is very similar in consistency and both require a l-i-g-h-t application. The label says to use it under make-up but I wouldn't. I do think it's great for the winter when you feel like your facial skin is freezing off or in the summer if you get a sunburn or windburn or if, like me, you have some flakiness around the eyes.

I love this product so much, I'm wondering why I never tried it before! Lately I've been experimenting with different brands of eye treatments, and so far this is the ONLY one where I see results.

I'm 26, so I'm basically trying to do preventative maintenance because of how horrid my mother looks in her 50's. I tend to get dark circles under my eyes, as well as swelling and redness from allergies, and this creme treats it all! I've been using it religiously for the past 2 weeks, and it's making such an incredible difference.
The skin around my eyes is much brigther and smoother, with no adverse effects like breakouts, which I experienced with other brands. I gently pat this over slightly dampened skin (either with purified water or green tea toner) until it's absorbed, and that's it! This is a definate HG for me. continued >>

on 12/26/2007 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When Burt's Bees is good, it's very very good, but when it is bad, it is horrid. Applying this eye cream feels akin to spreading melted candle wax on your skin. It doesn't absorb, even after several hours, and it looks greasy. I can't wear this product under makeup during the day, and if I wear it at night, it spreads and leaves a sticky film on other areas of my face (not so great for my pores).

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products