November 23, 2014 | 1275 users online

Highlighters - Alchemy - Metal Mixers- Palladium

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sephora a couple years ago because it looked like a great way to highlight and add dimension in coordinating shades. While Palladium is probably a fine powder for some, I found it to be far from what I'm looking for. The compact is very pretty and it's fairly large with a decent-quality sponge, but the powder itself is a bit chalky, and the colors just don't favor my skin tone. One side of the cake is a champagne shimmer, and the other is light golden pink shimmer which goes on quite sheer. For me the shimmer combined with the powder's chalky consistency make for an application that settles into every pore and makes my oily skin look both dry and shimmer-overloaded. With a very light hand it looks fine but barely shows up. I use both sides occasionally to highlight under my brow bone, but besides that I almost never use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I got this metal mixers in PAllADIUM, a soft shimmery light pink and pale gold duo. The shimmer is very finely milled, no chunky glitter and no scent. Comes in a copper compact with space for a sponge and a mirror. Nice quality compact. powder is nice and adds a nice glow to the skin although i wish it had more color to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2003 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Hekt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever since I saw it on Makeup411.com's New Products section, I knew I had to have it - Alchemy's Metal Mixers in Palladium. *sigh* I couldn't stop from wanting the copper colored compact and the desire for the pretty pressed powder duo of pink and banana possessed my every being. I looked at it over and over again, and on alchemycosmetics.com and sephora.com, as well. It seemed to be calling my name. So with that, this is probably a very biased review, but what the heck. It's definitely not a "must have" item, but it's just fun to use as a highlighter for eyes, cheeks, under brow, where ever. The pink side of the duo leaves a very delicate, glowing, icy, pale pink sheen and the banana side does the same with pale yellow. I need to use another blush or bronzer prior to keep my LLL face from looking washed out. It comes with a flip top section that holds the latex sponge, but I use my own blush brush, and under that is a mirror. For $35, my craving has been satisfied and I am very happy with it! It just makes me feel like Spring is here! This has been my most emotional MU purchase, by far. Sometimes I scare myself - Eek. UPDATE: Originally, I gave this product the highest rating but have since changed it. Alas, the honeymoon is over and reality overcame infatuation. The powder is very drying and leaves my skin looking crepey. Crepey and frosty is a bad combination. Smells pretty chalky. I would not buy this again or in any other color.