Avon Skin So Soft Hair Removal Creme

3.5

on 10/22/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works great! I leave it on for 2 minutes wash off with wash cloth and hair is removed and my skin is so smooth!! No irritation whatsoever.

on 10/22/2012 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Worst Product Ever! Irritated my skin really bad to the point that it looks like i have a big rash. I have excessive redness, irritation, and it hurts really bad. I have used many hair removal cremes throughout time and non of them have given me any kind of allergic reaction until now. All the area in which I applied it hurts and is super sensitive. Never buying this again.

on 12/6/2010 1:23:00 AM

Great product. To be honest, I actually use this on my upper lip (I know it's not the facial formula), but the redness doesn't last too long and I make sure to use a good moisturizer afterwards. I don't know if I'd use this on my body (maybe toes or something) just because I don't think it would work as well (and I'd have to grow out what I normally shave). I will agree with the other reviewers on one thing - keep your eye on the clock. Do not keep this on your skin any longer than necesssary! I will continue to buy this.

I use this for underarm hair removal, is really effective and not as strong smelling as VEET. Not had any problem re sensitivity.

It is really good value for money around 2.50 for 100ml when on offer. Will definitely be repurchasing.

I think this works great. The bottle can get slippery though.

on 10/18/2008 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Great stuff that works, and works quickly! It was much more gentle than any other creams I've used. No bad smell, no redness after it rinses off.

on 3/14/2008 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Prior to this, I was using Veet. I decided to give this a try because I'm an Avon Rep and get decent discounts on their products. I am on my 3rd or 4th tube of this stuff -- I really love it. And for the price (especially when on sale), it blows Veet out of the water. While it's true you have to leave it on a bit longer than the recommended 2 1/2 minutes, the results for me have been great. To me, this stuff is fool-proof. It is a thick, rich cream that does not run or drip. I spread it over my skin, wait about 6 to 8 minutes, and remove it using one of those bladeless hair removal "razors" (I still have the one that came with my first Veet purchase from a while back). When removing the cream, I step into the shower since it's less of a mess that way. I have only used this on my bikini line, and to me it sure beats the hell out of shaving (I get red bumps and can't deal with the itch of the regrowth). If it works for me (I'm 50% Sicilian, plus have some German and Greek), I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work on anybody, unless of course you have extra sensitive skin that cannot handle the chemicals of a depilatory. Give it a try!

on 3/14/2008 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pleasant fragrance, thick cream doesn't drip or irritate as much as others do, so I was able to leave it on longer than other hair removal creams. But this wasn't good for me. I usually have to go to maximum time for hair removal creams, but this one didn't release the hairs as well as usual and so I had to leave it on for longer than recommended to get it to work (8 mins extra). BIG mistake. My hairs follicles got inflammed and infected for 2 weeks, and my skin looked funny, like it had been melted. People asked me if I'd been burnt for the next week.

Now I know why they say to stick strictly to the maximum time limits. I woudn't recommend this for people with coarse (usually english/irish/scottish heritage, according to my beauty therapist) hair. When I stuck to the time limits hair removal was patchy and incomplete. But for finer types It would be probably a much nicer, gentler product than average.

on 9/11/2007 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was pleasantly surprised with how well this works, I wasn't expecting much! It's much better at removing hair than some other brands (like Mariana which is rubbish and smells like rotten eggs), and it's about on a par with Veet hair removal cream, which is the best I had used before trying Avon. It doesn't have a very strong smell either and I didn't have any kind of bad reaction to it. Will repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

well i just tried this like 30 minutes ago. ive tried nair and others like it in the past. usualy i HATE them. this one left my skin really really really soft. instead of using the bladeless they give you i used a regular razor and my legs still burn. i wouldnt suggest using a regular razor haha! but the product itself is pretty good.

Popular Body Skincare Products