October 26, 2014 | 998 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Couleur Eyeshadow - Urbanity 830

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by crazykewl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ive been trying to find out what this eyeshadow set was for years!!!

i worked at a Duty Free store years ago, and during the holiday season they gave us gift bags full of brand new samples and testers, and i received this, without the package, so, without the name.

The middle white is THE BEST highlighter I have ever had in my entire life.

Other than the middle though, ive only used the bottom color (it looks great with MAC Satin Taupe)

So, would I buy it again? Probably not, but if I could find the 2 shadows in singles, I def would!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 5:49:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really pretty quint. All colors are really light so you need a darker shade for contouring. If you like natural makeup you can spice it up with a different highlighting shade that would be any of the shades in this quint and combine it with a taupe like Clinique Foxy, Chanel Vega...

Colors are: 1) lilac, lavendel, 2) light golden beige/caramel, 3) light pinky purple, 4) Very light taupe that looks pearl on the skin, and 5) White.

I would repurchase.

EDIT: I would not repurchase because it starts to bother me more and more that there is no darker contour shade at all. This is a palette for gods sake! There should be all colors I need in my eye makeup. Otherwice the concept of palette is ruined! There is no point having it really.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

A lovely MUAer sent these to me, much to my delight, because I love my Dior shadows. Although I usually prefer shimmery chocolate browns and glowing champagnes, this is the perfect palette for a soft, angelic look. I can actually wear all five shades together and not feel as if I've caked on the product. It just looks ethereal yet simple, sweet yet polished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As another reviewer mentioned, these are soft shades. They look absolutely lovely on. This is not a set for a dramatic but rather a delicate look. Quality is fabulous and I love the subtle shimmer. I got mine on Ebay so it wasn't as expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Chubbybunny

Love the subtle shades which offer very sheen, and beautiful daytime eye shadow. Everything is very mild here, so if you would like something that gives the 'wow' factor, this would not be it :). However, I find that all the shades are very blendable, and the color stays fairly long, and the texture is silky, not sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by diva959

this quint is great for a soft look, and the mix of colours is very versatile. the only thing that would make it even better is if it had a darker colour to be used for an eyeliner or in the crease. i usually use the darkest shade from the Mauve Chic quint for liner when i use this. if you want a subdued quint, this one's great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I really disliked this quint (and I use Dior shadows exclucively). The colors looked awfull against my warm PPP skin. Too cool for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 10:58:00 AM More reviews by leonie_au

Love Dior powder eyeshadows but the Urbanity quint shades were too... 'nothing' on me. Fine if you're after an everyday, wearing-no-makeup look but I prefer my makeup to have a bit of substance. After using mine twice, I ended up selling it on eBay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

One of the places Dior excels is their shadows. This is my first 5 color purchase 'cause I liked all five colors. I've bought palettes before and only used one or two colors. There is a nice mix of warm and cool toned in this one, and though they go on a bit light, they are still pigmented. Dior's single shadows are $22.00 so a five pan really is a good deal. You can't beat the texture and staying power of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2004 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Dior eyeshadows but this one was okay. The quality is always there but the shades were all pale. Even for my pale complexion. I found myself using my Mac w/ these to enhance them. I'm not giving up on the other quints! I love them too much ;~)