April 21, 2014 | 1508 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Cleansing Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by citygrl

This product is overpriced and made out of cheap mineral oil (I just read that mineral oil is really bad for your skin). I bought it, used it twice and never touched it again. It leaves really greasy residue on my skin that is impossible to wash off. I find it really disappointing that such well known and expensive brands like Kanebo use such terrible ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a devout follower of the double cleansing method and purchased this along with the Milky Soap. The tube packaging is simple and elegant, and you can cleanly squeeze out the product without leaving a mess. The cream is smooth and of good consistency (not too thick, not too thin), smells great and a pea-sized drop is enough for the whole face. After a week of using this cream together with the Milky Soap, I've noticed my skin is definitely more glowy, less blotchy, and feels smoother, softer and cleaner. I've used many cream cleansers before from both high-end and low-end brands (think Neutrogena, Clinique, Shiseido, Chanel, Lancome etc) and this is definitely (touch wood) the BEST cream cleanser ever!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Kanebo is not available in Australia, so after reading all the excellent reviews I decided to buy this online.

I like to use my cleanser on dry skin to remove and dissolve impurities as I do not want them to get into my eyes during the washing process. Apply the cream to >>DRY<< skin. Rub gently into the skin. The cream turns into oil dissolving the makeup, and sunscreen. Then wipe and rinse.

If you have dry skin and wear a lot of makeup or sunscreen you should definitely try it.

*This product was discontinued in Feb 2007. The product has now returned in a new packaging in their Sensai Silk range.*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I got this without realising what the two-step cleansing routine was, so the first time I used it to remove Sofina sunscreen, I was quite disappointed with the outcome. You have to use this on a dry face, and it turns into an oil after several seconds, dissolves all makeup and water resistant products. I am currently using Differin, so I am not sure if it is because my skin barrier is a little thinner and sensitised, but if I massage for too long there is a slight irritation around the nose/mouth/chin area but it is transient and goes away quickly. This rinses off quite well, and does turn milky in water so it emulsifies both hydrophilic and hydrophobic ingredients. I like the texture, scent and formulation of the product, I am trying a few more other cream cleansers (and some massage packs which can double as a cream cleanser) but I would go back to this if other mid-end brands do not work as well.

In second step cleansing I use either Cellcosmet cream cleanser or gel cleanser. It is recommended to use a second step to remove residue, especially if you have acne prone skin. But the Kanebo Sensai website says you can use this alone as a 1-step morning cleanser. Whatever you do, always use on a dry face, I tried using it as a regular cleanser and it emulsifies straight away and all its cleansing properties are literally washed down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by olivehuile

I have tried a lot of cleansing products and this is the best one by far. I have used it for the last 2 years now. My skin is combination skin(yet sensitive) and I get breakouts sometimes, but much less when I use this cleanser. I use the creamy soap in the morning and both the cleansing cream and soap in the evening. My skin feels really clean and fresh afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by bovinebirdy

I received a sample of this cleansing cream and cp sensai emulsion II and cp sensai lotion II from a super nice SA. So far (it's been a week) I am loving this line! I think I love the cleansing cream the most. Usually, I use La Vitton oil to remove my makeup before washing my face. But La Vitton has a hard time removing my shiseido and shu uemura mascara! Also, I have a feeling that La Vitton has been giving me tiny blackheads. This cleansing cream feels so good rubbing on my face, my blackheads have been clearing up, and it removes ALL of my makeup, even my stubborn mascara! It's super gentle, and it doesn't dry out my face, and it rinses clean! I love the smell too...a bit citrusy, but not strong at all! I think it's a tad bit expensive though...I am curious about Kanebo's cheaper line. For 10 USD, Kanebo has a cleansing cream described to do the same thing as it's higher end counterpart. I will look for it at my local Japantown...or order it online at evecare.com once I decide what to do.

Oh, I forgot to add that this is the first step in Kanebo's two-step cleansing system. It's not meant for deep cleansing...it's only meant to remove makeups and stuff...so it's only supposed to be used at night! I am alternating in DHC's cleansing powder and Kanebo's creamy soap (a sample) for step two.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream when used with another cleanser, such as Kanebo's Creamy Soap, or any other cleanser I have lying around. This cream effectively removes ALL my makeup allowing the cleanser/soap to clean my pores as well as massage my skin. However, price is pretty high, so I'm on the fence about buying it again. I'm hoping to find a "cheaper" alternative. UPDATE Purchased this cleanser a few more times and the honeymoon is over. I think I liked the idea of having a product remove my makeup before the cleansing stage. Im finding other products that do the same and better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by marie66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a very good cleanser, and you won't need a make up remover, not even for eyes, not even if you use YSL mascara. It didn't "clarify" my skin or make it feel ultra fresh, but it kept breakthroughs quite at bay ...for the whole of the 16 months that I used this twice a day...yes, it lasts THAT long, and for that reason I put dirt cheap as the price...I stopped using it only because I fancied a change,if I must be honest...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2005 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Wolkje

I use this in combination with Kanebo's Creamy Soap.
Despite of what the description says I dont use the cleansing cream on dry skin but instead I wet both my face and my Shiseido cleansing brush, put just a tiny amount of the cleanser on the brush and gently brush my face with it for a few minutes and as a second step I use the creamy soap (also just a tiny bit). My face feels sooooo clean and hydrated and most importantly my skin becomes really soft. compare it with peach-skin)
The only downside is that it's quite expensive... it costs 45,- here in the Netherlands. But a tube lasts for ages (read: at least 6 or 7 months, maybe even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by urchin7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I switch between this and Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil for the first step in my evening cleansing routine. Given that it's mineral oil, it really loosens all of the makeup and sunscreen on my face and gets my skin ready for either Kanebo Milky Soap or Silk Peeling Powder. My only complaint is the price! $40.00 USD for a mineral oil cleanser is a bit over the top! I do love this stuff, but because of the price, I'm not sure if I'll purchase again.