October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Moisturizers - Kanebo - Sensai Emulsion II

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used many moisturizers and creams from many brands, and after using Shiseido for many years, I switched to Kanebo two years ago, because I wasn't entirely happy with Shiseido as I stll had these once-a-month cysts with it.
After trying the Kanebo Cellular Performance line which had some peeling effect on my skin I didn't like I started with the Sensai line instead, an with the Sensai Silk lotion & Emulsioni II (moist) I really have the skin of my dreams. I'm using this for nearly two years now, and since then I never had ANY spot or Cyst again. My skin always looks soft and plumped, never a dry spot and it is perfect also as make-up base. Apart from that I really like the very subtle scents of the whole Sensai-line. I always thought I'd never get rid of these once-a-month cysts, but they just vanished forever since I use this emulsion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome product for drier skins. I received a sample which lasted about a month, Kanebo seems to not only be very generous with samples but their products also go a really long way. This moisturizer actually worked a lot better than many high-end anti-wrinkle creams and this is not even supposed to be a specific anti-wrinkle cream. As pretty much all Sensai products I have been impressed. The only reason I am only giving it four stars is because I loved the Hydrachange line even more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was given to me as a sample when I bought their eye cream.

While the product is really soft on my skin and is easily absorbed and didn't cause any breakouts, it still didn't really moisturize. My skin starts feeling dry a little while after I apply it- and my skin isn't really ever dry even in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by fuzzynavy

I liked the smell, but I was so disappointed with this. It is really pricey and not even remotely moisturizing. I love Kanebo but I don't know what they are thinking with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by andreacaracortada

i was given this as a sample and I have to say that it is one of the best moisturisers ever! i have a combination skin and this one is great for fall winter as you need added moisture. it moisturised my skin perfectly, and even gave a bit of a glow. my skin didn;t feel oily at all, i didn;t even wake up with that feeling on my skin as I do when I use some darphin products. it has a light smell, minimalist packaging and i would thoroughly recommend it. i have also tried shisheido and it also makes my skin a bit oily even though I use the light one but this one delivered perfectly. not even a spot. great cream/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by miranets

My skin, at time of review - oily t-zone, easily congested, sluggish skin turnover, mild sensitivity, dehydrated especially worse during winter

This is a review of the Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Emulsion II in older packaging (the new version with round packaging was released late 2007 but apparently the only difference in formulation is an additional orchid extract). I bought this full size without trying..! I am going through a stage where I am really liking high end Japanese skincare, and I find that choosing a product by ingredients listing is no longer a fair judgment and I can never predict what elegant formulations these top end guys are releasing.

I really did not know what to expect of the texture, I thought it was going to be quite heavy and wondered how on earth the product was going to move through those annoying glass jars with no dispenser. Well the Emulsion is quite watery, and be careful when you tip the bottle because the product gains a lot of momentum when moving out and I often end up with too much in my hands.

I like Cellular Performance because it is still suitable for young problem skin and contains more niacinamide than Sensai Silk or Impress, but Sensai Premier and above is not suitable for acne prone skin. This is one of the few high end products that uses simple pure niacinamide, none of that pro-niacin stuff!!

I think 100ml can last a long time, although in winter I find I like Albion milk II more, and I use A LOT of Sensai Emulsion II when my skin is feeling dry, I don't think it is such a great idea to go heavy handed with emulsions, it ends up forming a strange film on the skin that does not absorb.

I am not sure if my skin will like this in the peak of summer, although I see it as a good product for autumn/spring, and switching at the right time is critical to maintaining skin barrier integrity. I would consider trying the Sensai CP cream, very impressed with its results.

Does not feel heavy, although looks quite shiny/waxy even when fully absorbed (I also naturally have shiny skin) and does not cause congestion or acne at all. It does last long on the skin, because when I rinse in water I feel that it is still slippery. Fragrance of very light (but not cheap or synthetic) bubble gum and a pale pink colour. I don't mind the additives at all since good formulations use hypoallergenic colouring and scents. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an absolute HG for me for a while there...but then it seems as my skin has been drier lately it's just not working for me at all.

Within a few minutes after applying it my skin is back to feeling dry and tight again.I'm just not sure about Kanebo...you can easily end up spending $500+ on a skin care system and for the price I feel like I didn't see much in the way of results.

it hasn't made my skin worse...just not better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does not moisturize, so, it's a total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* I LOVE this moisturiser. I tried to go a different road concerning my skin care regime, and man, my face became so dry and dehydrated, i felt like it was going to crack, so i went back to my previous skin care regime and i feel like i'm getting back on track. This is one of my favourite moisturisers ever. (I have about 2,3 favourites and will usually use 2 of those in about a year and this happens to be one of them) This leaves my skin soooooo soft and hydrated, without feeling heavy and leaves a lovely dewy/velvety finish. I love it! I use this with: LRP redermic beforehand, LRP dermo peds spf 40 afterwards (if i will be going out in the am) and Avene Eluage, Differin on nights, and find this regime really gives me glowy results. Fantastic moisturiser if you are looking for hydration with a lovely finish. (I don't really know about anti-ageing benefits with this one, but that's why i use redermic, eluage and differin, so i'm not too concerned) It comes in a 100ml bottle, - i WISH it came with a pump- what would be the biggie kanebo?!- and it's a runny fluid, ( you only need a tiny amount so this LASTS) which absorbs wonderfully. I purchase this from strawberrynet.com for 69euros (96US$) (which believe you me is a bargain in Greece!)
UPDATE: i *think* this caused me some tiny skin coloured bumps on my jaw line. When i had used a generous sample for about a month, nothing but great skin (sample received from a sephora) so i'm thinking it *may* be the fact that the one i received from strawberrynet was not so fresh? Verdict for me, never buying skincare from strawberrynet again. *sigh* off it goes for usage as a body lotion and will give vichy aqualia a go.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 4:08:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I tried the samples of sensai emulsion II and III in conjunction with the lotion II (the samples last forever), and honestly I am very disappointed. It seems to moisturize the skin for the first a few days, but my (dry/dehydrated) skin got drier. Even the emulsion III could not moisturize my skin sufficiently. They also caused reddish bumps on my skin, which subsided after stopping using kanebo products. Now I switched to LRP hydraphase riche, which costs 1/5 of kanebo, a week ago and my skin looks/feels better. Judging from the ingredient list, I think kanebo emulsions are more suitable for dry skin which lacks lipids (they contain niaciamide, different kind of oils etc) rather than dehydrated skin... I tried many products from Kanebo sensai range (cleansers, lotion, essence, emulsion, mask, eye balm), and I don't think they did anything positive to my skin. I highly recommend to try a sample before purchasing. **update Sep 20** I initically gave 2 lippies, but I changed my mind... Now my skin is not too dry (thanks to LRP, but it was a bit too sticky) and the emulsion III works. It gives enough moisture for my dry skin while not being too greasy. Also the bumps do not appear anymore (now I use it without kanebo lotion, so maybe it was the lotion). **update again Nov** in colder months, it is not moisturizing enough anymore even the essence under. Back to LRP hydraphase... :/