April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Extra Volume Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is literally the most basic and generic shampoo you can get - the ingredients do a good job of cleansing well, and don't cause any build-up. I'm not really sure what other reviewers are complaining about since this formula (sodium laureth sulfate + coco betaine) is literally in thousands of shampoos. They didn't add any moisturizers to this one, so perhaps people with dryer hair need something more hydrating. Shampoo is meant to clean your hair and scalp; if you find your hair dry after using a shampoo it's likely that your hair length (not hair near the scalp) is dry and needs conditioner. If you use a shampoo that leaves the length of your hair moisturized it may be too rich for your scalp. I really like this shampoo because it's bare-bones, cleans my oily hair thoroughly, and smells nice. Since most shampoo formulas are laughingly similar and cost about 50 cents to manufacture, I don't see myself paying for the same ingredients in a different bottle for $30.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by LauraJM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simple -it just dosent do anything, thats all it does ..lol lol! :) Just dont waste your money x

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks, smells bad causes breakouts ... ect ect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by andhearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo dried out my naturally oily, moisturized, hair to the point of no return. And seriously NOTHING dries my hair out. I had to use a deep condition for five minutes a day for a week to get my hair back to normal. I stopped using this because of the damage it caused me. I'm never going to get rid of all the babyhairs this shampoo gave me...
I didn't even get any volume from it! I had super flat hair!

if your considering this product, I would advise you to look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupfanatic77

I bought this shampoo because I love dove body washes. I figured the shampoo had to be as good. I was so wrong! I used this shampoo for a week, and noticed my hair falling out like crazy. It also doesn't really clean that good, and my scalp will not stop itching.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This made my hair really frizzy :( I like the smell though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by prettybird98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair is wavy/curly, fine, but I have a lot of hair. This dried my hair out terribly, even though I paired with Nexxus Humectress AND a leave-in conditioner. I only used twice and am returning.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

Sooo dissapointed :[
I have very oily hair and I guess this was too much for me.. Incredibly drying & made my hair frizzy & dull..

Hope results will progress..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Jackiehunter212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long brown hair, and I have a lot of it, but as it turns out my hair is considered "fine" (thanks a lot genetics!).

My hair is always weighed down, but since using this shampoo and conditioner it looks amazing!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cinderellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is probably one of the worst shampoos/conditioners that i have ever bought. this product did absolutely nothing good to my hair. it made my hair dull, dry, and flat! it smells gross too...like old lady or something! not good at all. i will never buy this product or any other dove hair product again.