Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder

2.5

on 3/20/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Coverage was very minimal with this and it did dry my skin out. About 2 hours after setting my face with this powder, I looked in the mirror and it looked like all the moisture in my skin was sucked out and every line in my face was enhanced. This is not a good powder and I couldn't make it work.

on 12/4/2014 7:31:00 PM

I've been using this off and on for a year or so now. I usually use my powder brush to apply or else it can look really cakey. It covers nicely but can be a bit drying. I notice sometimes at the end of the day it can look shiny and really cakey. it's not too bad with coverage but the price isn't really worth getting all the time.

on 9/28/2014 1:52:00 PM

I recieved a coupon from my dermatologist to try this powder. So I went to the store thinking it would help WRONG! This product doesn't help anything it covers for a bit then an hour later bam everything visible. I have sensitive & oily skin and harsh acne and the powder makes my face itchy. If you're like me I wouldn't recommend it too expensive and not worth it.

on 2/15/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. Contains talc which can cause breakouts.

on 11/2/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder! Buildable coverage and doesn't make me break out. It does dramatize dry skin spots but that can be easily fixed with moisturizer.

on 10/17/2013 3:09:00 PM

I have break-out prone skin & always have (since I was about 10, lucky me.) I have to be very carefully about the products I put on my face, and have found that less is always better. I do not wear foundation (see my review of Revlon's anit-blemish concealer for my approach to "foundation."). I love to play up my eyes, cover a few spots, add blush & move on. I use this product with a very large brush to simply put a light dusting of the product all over my face when I am completely done with my make-up in the morning. It sets my concealer perfectly, and, for at least a few hours (unless I am crazy-busy) holds down the shine. I don't reapply during the day. (Unless I can completely cleanse my face & start over, I do not reapply makeup during the day because that just breaks me out.) This powder is one of the few that doesn't seem to aggrivate my skin, and it has skin-clearing ingredients. I doubt that it makes my skin "better" in any sense, but I can tell you, it doesn't make it worse. And that's a huge advantage over some many others I've tried.

on 8/24/2013 12:51:00 AM

This didn't really provide a lot of coverage, which I like because I just like to use my powder foundation lightly I'm not into wearing a whole bunch of makeup on my face. It didn't make me break out like a lot of things do but it also didn't help with any breakouts. I would buy it again just because it gives the right amount of coverage I want and doesn't irritate my skin.

on 7/29/2013 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this for a while to keep my make-up from getting oily and to stop my face from shinning throughout the day and I think it does a a pretty good job at that but I do have to say I would like to go out and try to find one that does better and is cheaper.

on 7/19/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This was my very first powder, and I used it by itself and it didn't really do much. Now I look back and realize how cakey my face looked. The sponge is a complete waste and makes me look even worse. There is almost no color pay off. I'm able to wear their "darkest" shade, which is Tan, and it's not even that dark at ALL! Their never seems to be a good color range with this brand, which I hate. I mainly use this powder for setting makeup because it's so sheer. Overall, I do keep buying it but for different reasons than what it's for.

on 2/18/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Eeeeeekk. Not lovin this stuff. First of all, it doesnt cover anything. The applicator that it comes with is useless. Second of all, it dries out my skin. I put it on and my skin feels disgustingly dry. I guess if you have skin that is perfect and a little more on the oily side this would work for you because it can give a nice look to my skin if i just use a little tiny bit to set my foundation. I wont be repurchasing.