New York Color Eyelash Curler

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/28/2015 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Surprisingly effective and easy to use lash curler, and only costs a few bucks! I was on the lookout for a good curler, and most importantly one that fits most eye shapes well and is a cinch to use..I have almond shaped, slightly deep set eyes. I used to use the LaCrosse one (also from drugstore) but it was difficult to get it to fit my eyelid and I'd end up with crimping. Not with this gem. It has lavender handles and a spring for ease of use, which I prefer. It very easily fits the contour of my upper eyelids and gets to all lashes, even those at the end. I am very much impressed with how nicely my lashes look- it looks like they are naturally that curly and look fanned out. When I apply mascara, my eyes just pop. My lashes hold a curl nicely as well, so that's not an issue. I highly recommend this as an alternative to higher end, more expensive products, as it gets the job done very well.

on 3/21/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Does the job really well. Can pinch if you aren't careful, but for a few bucks, you can't beat it, especially if you're on a very tight budget like I am! The curl stays and holds. For me, I have to do two different tries to get all my eyelashes (I have large eyes), but it's no big deal.

on 3/6/2015 10:57:00 PM

I have quite large eyes for being asian, and this fits my eye shape nicely. While it might not be curved enough for deeper set eyes, I find that this shape leaves an excellent curl WITHOUT pinching.
However, I made modifications to this eyelash curler. First, I removed the purple grippy things. Although they are cute, they are extremely unnecessary and annoying for me. In addition, I replaced the cheapy/thin white rubber (or whatever that eyelash pad is) with a denser, larger black rubber refill pad that you can pretty much find from anyone who sells eyelash curlers (Maybelline, Elf, Revlon, etc for less than $3). Lastly, using some tools I had laying around the house, I cut the spring off. Yeah. The metal spring = gone. I didn't like the tension and found it annoying/unnecessary. This is a CHEAP and effective eyelash curler for the money, and WORTH IT over all, but I feel like the modifications I made to the rubber pad and spring make an incredible difference :)

on 9/12/2014 12:57:00 AM

Love it!!!

on 7/19/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've used the elf mechanical eyelash curler for years but then it got discontinued :( .... So I was on the hunt for a new curler I used this curler and wow did it curl quickly and beautifully please don't discontinue!!! Love love love!

It's an eyelash curler...it curls your eyelashes. We're not asking for much here. It was $2.74 and it does what it's supposed to do. And the little grips are purple!

Really inexpensive & does the job.

So my lash eyelash curler review (for the Revlon one) said I was saving up for a Shu Uemera curler, but I broke down and bought this NYC one since it was only $3, and I needed a spare to keep in my gym bag's makeup kit. This is definitely is an improvement on the Revlon one!

For my eye shape, unfortunately this curler is a bit too wide and not curved enough, which is why I rated the "packaging" at 3 stars. This can cause my to pinch the edge of part of my lid if I'm not careful, and sometimes the outer lashes get pulled. Also, the spring in the middle of the curler kind of inhibits watching what you're doing when you curl. On the plus side, the metal this curler is made out of doesn't leave a residue under my eyes like the Revlon one does, and while there isn't as much squish when I squeeze the curler, I get more curl with less effort using this tool. It's so effective and so affordable, watching out for pinching my lids and pulling on outer lashes is something I'm willing to put up with.

Bottom line: far from HG, but this does a great job curling lashes.

on 5/6/2013 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Got this one after a difficult time with a Revlon curler, and this one worked way better than expected! It's literally shaped perfectly for my lids and has just the right amount of "springiness" to it. Plus the grips are purple which is my favorite color! Will def. repurchase until they stop making it.

on 5/2/2013 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had really low expectations for this Cutler but it's amazing!!! My lashes have close to absolutely no curl! This helps so much!! Definitely recommend!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools