October 20, 2014 | 1939 users online

Lipstick - Almay - Lip Vitality #24

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Sari7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not know if this item is still being made, but if it is I would definitely run out to get more. I was given my first and only one as a gift and took a while to use because I am very weary of any lipstick since my lips are too sensitive and anything will dry them. I have tried several lip balms, sticks, lipsticks, lip gloss, from drugstore to designer and specialty only to have most end up in a painful experience later. I was shocked when I wore this out for the first time and wake up the next day to soft, hydrated lips! At first I thought it was the balm I applied under the lipstick. So i put it to the test again by wearing it alone, no balm or chapstick under it. Much to my surprise it was great, it wore for a long time, and the best part was that my lips were feeling refreshed instead of the burning sensation i get from the others than the peeling. Not only were the results great, but the shades are greater.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cblackw

Wow! I can't believe the neg. reviews because this is one of my very favorite l/s shades. It looks great on my PPP skin (dark brown hair, blue eyes, cool undertones). On me, it's a medium-toned YLBB shimmer that looks really great with a smoky eye. A good no-brainer, every day color for me. Texture is good too, and I love that it has UVA SPF in it. About the only thing about the color that I'm not crazy about is that it's a little bit too frosty--oh and, it seems every tube of this I ever had ended up being smoshed against the side of the lipstick tube. I hate that. And it happens every time with this particular line of lipsticks, even though I try really hard to keep it from happening. I hope this line hasn't been discontinued, because lately I haven't seen it in stores. It's still featured on the almay website, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This colour just did NOT work for me. I wouldn't normally give a product a bad review just because it's not my colour, but I'm bit ticked that the colour on the bottom of the tube (the only colour I had to go by b/c there were no testers available) is so vastly different than the actual colour of the lipstick. It's way taupier & frostier than it looks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by HeavenlySweet98

This is a alright lipstick shade. Rather sheer mauve color. I use it before I go to bed at night lots of times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a paler shade than I normally wear, and this looks like a pretty, shimmery, medium pink. I love the idea of this lipstick having an SPF, too. I know that the kinetin products have a great reputation. However, I am not too impressed with this lipstick. Granted, it's not terrible. The actual color upon application is much darker than it looks on the bottom of the tube. It turns out on my skin to be more of a medium mauve. I am taking one lipstick off for the texture, as well. Maybe it's only true of the slightly shimmery shades, but this has a bit of a gritty texture. Not terrible like big chunks of glitter, but it's noticable. Overall, this is a good idea, and I might try other shades, but I am slightly disappointed.

Edited: I should have waited to review until I tested the staying power of this lipstick. The wear time is amazing! This stuff lasted through my dinner, which is unheard of for me. This product is not even billed as "long wearing", to my knowledge. continued >>