October 23, 2014 | 860 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by suyumbike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye cream in the hope that it would soothe irritated skin. Last winter was exceptionally harsh on my eyelids - the skin became red and itchy, and attempts to cover the area with various creams invariably resulted in scaling. My usual facial creams seemed to worsen the symptoms and I feared that I was developing an allergy. The Avène Soothing Eye Contour Cream, while being unreasonably expensive (in Finland) and containing ingredients such as mineral oil and cyclomethicone, actually fulfilled its main promise and produced a soothing effect. The irritated area disappeared.
I would repurchase this product, but not in my country. I have seen it on discount in France for a much better price, and will buy it the next time I go there, before the dreaded winter returns.
Edit: The packaging is also a plus, in my book. The little plastic squeeze tube is easy to bring along when travelling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my 3rd recommendation for my sensitive, dry and flakey eyelids. Avene is known to be super gentle on sensitive skin. I was hopeful. I thought this did a bit better than its predecessors, but I continue to experience a slight sting upon application and lingering dryness. I'm starting to think it's not dry skin, maybe an allergic reaction to something. Petroleum jelly, you are my last resort.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

I really enjoyed this eye cream, it is hydrating , non irritating and non greasy. The tube it comes in looks a little small but a very tiny little piece goes really far. I used it morning and night after shower it soaks into the skin really we'll, then I use the avene moisturiser afterward which is also a great product. I will be repurchasing this when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, gentle eye cream. I don't notice any scent. It comes in a great squeeze tube packaging. The only reason I'm rating it only 4 is because I find it too thick. I need to use more than I would like in order to be able to spread it evenly over my eyes. I wish it was lighter in texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would say this is a good eye cream by any standards, but I purchased it because I am concerned about sensitivity. I have tried so many eye creams over the years I couldn't count them, and for long periods I just haven't used any. Most have caused my eyes to become puffy, and the worst have caused redness and stinging. This one doesn't cause any irritation and it's hydrating. I'm not interested in de-puffing or circles, just hydration, and for that it works beautifully. It sticks in place very well without being too thick, which means it's great under make-up. It offers great value for the price, and the little tube is much better than a pot or pump style bottle, in terms of getting all the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ultrasensitive888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Verite Special Care (VSC) Eye Cream from Estee Lauder for many years inspite its high price because I have ultra sensitive eyes and could not use anything else without having puffiness, pink eyes, itchiness or other allergic reactions. When this VSC eye cream was discontinued, I was reluctant but tried the Avene soothing eye contour cream because I heard positive comments about it. First few times, I had minor breakout but it went away. I kept on using it because it was the closest to VSC eye cream without the $60 price for 15 ml and Avene often has 25%-30% sale at London Drugs or Shoppers Drug Mart. After two weeks, I'm still using this eye cream and I like it; It is actually more hydrating than VSC eye cream and doesn't cause any allergic reaction. I'm so happy I can use it and have found a replacement for the VSC eye cream. This is a surprisingly decent cream that is worth trying. Thanks Avene!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pink eye!

That's what the vast majority of the eye creams I've tried over the years have made me look like.

I have super sensitive skin, allergies and live in frigid Chicago, where the cold and wind often make my eyes tear up. As a result, the skin around my eyes gets dry and irritated.

I think this moisturizer was sent from heaven. It moisturizes and doesn't irritate my eyes. I can't even count how many tubes of this I have purchased, and hope they never discontinue it.

The tube size is quite small, but I've found that a small amount of product goes a long way. I use this twice daily in the winter time (once in the morning, and once at night) and once a day in the summer (mornings only).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by treedy

Eczema: This is the only product that's ever helped the eczema on my eye lids. Highly highly recommend this product over anything else for eczema around the eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This eye cream is amazing. I had a bad reaction to a strong anti wrinkle cream I had tried, which left my under eye area very dry, almost scaly. My regular face cream wasn't even softening it up, so I tried this. After one use, things had dramatically improved. After a few uses, my under eye area is moisturized and looking great! This cream is great for providing gentle moisture, which is what I needed. It also works well under makeup, no balling up. I use this twice a day regularly now, and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I highly recommend this eye cream if you have sensitive eyes or if you are suffering from any kind of irritation/allergic reaction around the eye area. The texture is light, creamy, non-greasy and comes in a tube with thin nozzle.

However, those who are trying to avoid or are allegic to mineral oil and silicones might want to avoid this product - Mineral oil (parraffidum liquidum) is the 2nd ingredient on the list and silicones (Cyclomethicone) the 4th ingredient.

Ingredients: Avene Thermal Spring Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG-12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

I purchased this 2 weeks ago as I had been suffering from dry sore eyelids (I was later diagnosed with Blepharitis). It does wonders in soothing and hydrating the eye area without any irritation to the skin or the eye itself - either gently tap the cream on until totally absorbed, or if your skin is sensitive and sore to the touch, just gently glide it on. I now only apply this to the upper eyelid area (including the actual eyelids) as I think the high mineral content caused the milia under my eyes to be more pronounced.