Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG 12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

on 6/2/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had a bad reaction to La Roche Posay Redermic C eye cream which gave me dark circles, horrible eyebags and dry scaly undereyes. So when i came across Avene Soothing Eye cream which claims to calm skin irritation, i bought it hoping it'll help with my condition.

I apply this to the eye area at night before bedtime and it's been a week now that I woke up with much brighter moisturised eye area, smaller looking eyebags and no more scaly undereyes! This is definitely a keeper.
_______________________________________________________________________
Update: I've been using this everynight for a few weeks now. And I swear, this works so well, not only it takes away the dark circles, I don't have those horrible eyebags anymore! HG status!!

PS: I need to put a disclaimer here, that my dark circles and eyebags were caused by product irritation. So if you have naturally dark eyes and eyebags this might not work so well for you.

on 5/27/2015 11:18:00 PM

I had mysterious flakey eyelids(never happened before) and tried everything... A consultant at shoppers recommended this as soon as she saw the condition of them. I was hesitant because of the price but my god! I was so happy with the results within a few days my eyelids looked normal again. I usually don't review products but this was a miracle for me. Very non irritating and gentle but obviously hydrating.. Helped immensely with the itching. Once the tube was gone I didn't repurchase (because of the price) but I would in a second if my eyelids ever have a similar problem.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I got this about a week ago. I was looking for something to smooth out the dryness under my eyes so i looked up this. I wish there was more for the price you are paying for it. But it is a nice cream for day time use and i like that its a bit thick. Iv noticed it has reduced the slight redness around my eye. Works nicely under makeup. Helped the dryness. I dont think it will work for dark circles, well not on me anyway. I have a night time gel that i have been using that is correcting that. I wanted this for dryness. So yeah i would buy this again :)

This is expensive, as I found that I went through it quickly, but this is my favourite eye cream. My skin is sensitive, and this does not upset it at all. I have a few more lines around my eyes than most 20-year-olds, and this really softened them over time. I also found that this reduced the discoloration around my eyes. It made the circles under my eyes less of a smoky-violet colour. This was not immediate, but the difference was noticeable by the time I got to the end of the tube. Sadly, there is very little cream in the tube, and I went through this too fast. Shame, because it works really well.

on 1/8/2015 7:55:00 AM

I am usually quite impressed with products by Avene, however i was extremely disappointed with this eye cream. I had started using it at night, instantly i realised that i had woken up with a puffy eye along with a stye. my eye was extremely itchy and also droopy. I was disappointed because i usually do not have any problems with this skincare range. Though i will definitely will not be purchasing this eye cream again.

on 12/29/2014 3:08:00 AM

I have very dry skin around my eyes, I also suffer from eczema. I read all these awesome reviews about how it soothed itchy skin around the eyes… well this was the biggest disappointment ever. It did not make it any worse or any better, didn't hydrate at all. For what I paid ($28) for this tiny little tube, was not worth it at all. Vaseline works better.

I was looking around for an eye cream when the SA recommended that I try the Avène Soothing Eye Contour Cream. It was relatively cheap (got it at the airport duty free), and I needed something small for my trip so I decided to give it a shot!

According to Avène, the eye cream has been specially formulated to gently protect the most delicate part of the face. Its suppose to calm irritation and relive hypersensitive eyelids.

But after using it for the first time, I regretted my decision to buy it. According to Avène, it is suppose to be for sensitive skin and it is suppose to calm irritation. However, it immediately stung my eye and I started tearing when I applied it on the outer corner of my eye. I think some of the cream got in my eye when I blinked - but I'm sure it happens to everyone so I don't understand why it stung my eye when it is suppose to be for sensitive skin etc.

On to the good points: The eye cream absorbed relatively quickly, and it does feel quite moisturising. I'm not sure if it does anything else other that moisturise/hydrate. The packaging is great because you are able to control how much product you want.

I am still using the eye cream (alternating between this and another one I have). I just have to be extra careful to make sure that this eye cream doesn't get into my eye. I'm pretty disappointed that it stings. I don't think I'll be purchasing this again, but...maybe the moisturising/hydrating effect in the long run will change my mind...

on 7/16/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this eye cream in the hope that it would soothe irritated skin. Last winter was exceptionally harsh on my eyelids - the skin became red and itchy, and attempts to cover the area with various creams invariably resulted in scaling. My usual facial creams seemed to worsen the symptoms and I feared that I was developing an allergy. The Avène Soothing Eye Contour Cream, while being unreasonably expensive (in Finland) and containing ingredients such as mineral oil and cyclomethicone, actually fulfilled its main promise and produced a soothing effect. The irritated area disappeared.
I would repurchase this product, but not in my country. I have seen it on discount in France for a much better price, and will buy it the next time I go there, before the dreaded winter returns.
Edit: The packaging is also a plus, in my book. The little plastic squeeze tube is easy to bring along when travelling.

on 7/6/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This was my 3rd recommendation for my sensitive, dry and flakey eyelids. Avene is known to be super gentle on sensitive skin. I was hopeful. I thought this did a bit better than its predecessors, but I continue to experience a slight sting upon application and lingering dryness. I'm starting to think it's not dry skin, maybe an allergic reaction to something. Petroleum jelly, you are my last resort.

on 5/21/2014 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really enjoyed this eye cream, it is hydrating , non irritating and non greasy. The tube it comes in looks a little small but a very tiny little piece goes really far. I used it morning and night after shower it soaks into the skin really we'll, then I use the avene moisturiser afterward which is also a great product. I will be repurchasing this when it runs out.