December 20, 2014 | 1467 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Strawberries and Cream Smoothing Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

upping rating on this. it lathers a lot, cleans without overstripping and no silicone. does need product after, for sure. i got used to the smell.

--orig--
i thought this might be a good gentle shampoo to give my hair a break from the deep cleansing ones I normally use. It does seem gentle but makes my hair too flyaway and fluffy. The strawberry scent is really artificial smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is in my line up of go to daily shampoos, it's a very basic shampoo, but it never disappoints. It smells absolutely delicious and gets my hair squeaky clean, it is just a teeny bit drying, but for this price range it's expected. It's much better than a lot of other VO5 or Sauve shampoo as far as moisture retention.
I only wash my hair 3 times a week so it works well for my lifestyle. I need a little strip when I've gone all weekend without washing my hair (gross, but that's restaurant life!).
I never pair this w/ the matching conditioner though, IMO it's not made well enough. I use this shampoo with sauve professionals conditioner and the two make a nice team.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This smells like a strawberry cupcake!! If it were edible, I would absolutely devour it, and it's 79 cents, so if you hate it, then you're not out a whole bunch of money. I personally like Vo5 shampoos because they don't build up in my thick hair, instead they leave it looking thicker and full of vitality. This shampoo is no exception, it may be a bit drying for everyday use, so I counteract this by adding some EVOO to it for moisture. Love this yummy shampoo and highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by fashionista121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was looking for a really cheap product for my generally "out-of-control" hair and I stumbled upon this one at the dollar tree. Yep, it was just for a dollar! So I obviously had to try it.
So I've been using it for a couple weeks and I'm not too let down by the results, yet not exactly happy with them either. It can't be used without a conditioner. And it dries out your hair a bit, too.
But for the price, everything else about it is great. It stays true to its fragrance (very yummy) and lathers up and cleans your hair out very well. Just be sure to use a good conditioner afterwards. Tryy it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ScrimHazard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been on the search for my HG shampoo & condish for as long as I can remember and of all things to work for me, the VO5 Moisture Milks Shampoo & Conditioner do. I've used the Strawberries & Cream as well as the Passionfruit Smoothie. Both were labeled "Moisture Milks" and not "Smoothing" that I saw anywhere on the package.
The shampoo lathers well and cleanses without stripping. The shampoo moisturizes without weighing my (fine) hair down. And the best part: my usually tangle-prone hair is easy to comb through.
I seriously cannot believe these are $1.00 each! That is just insane.
My only complaint is that the product literally flies out of the bottle top if you're not careful...DO NOT SQUEEZE! :) After one or two uses you get the hang of it, but it would be nice if they redesigned so the flow was slower.
I can't see myself buying another brand of shampoo & condish as long as these continue to work so well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this shampoo. It lathers well and it leaves behind nice, soft hair. Its really cheap so I can buy if I run out of other pricier shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Every couple years I grow my hair out and I end up going back to one of the V05s because for whatever reason they make my fine hair look way thicker. I used to use the "extra body" shampoo but the smell bothers me now (was the fragrance always that strong? Who knows) so I picked up the green tea one and the strawberries and cream version....and all I can say is this: when I use the strawberries and cream type I can feel my hair thickening as I lather. No doubt this is psychological - I dunno - but whatever it is I'm converting. Will pick up some of the conditioner this weekend at the CVS Black Friday extravaganza. I alternate this with Infusium Volumologie and frankly this works better for me. Dare I call it an HG? Yup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE this shampoo! The scent is great, and it helps control my frizzy/wavy/curly hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by arnaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Under a buck and works great. I need a few shampoos in my rotation to take out all the build up so I keep this in my shower. I love it and only need a tiny bit to sud up my hair and get it clean. It's super thin so you'll probably over squeeze too much the first time you use it - but once you learn you shouldn't do it again! I'm bummed I didn't know this before I tried it as a ton of it got wasted! But for the price it can't be beat. Now I need to find a good clarifying shampoo to replace the Pantene Pro-V clarifying shampoo that is discontinued! HELP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

All I can say is that it just works! Simple as that.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No