Alberto Vo5 Strawberries and Cream Smoothing Shampoo

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Glycol Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Polyquaternium-7, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 4 (CI 14700), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soymilk, Panthenol, Fragaria Vesca Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin (feb 2014; from drugstore.com)

on 4/30/2015 5:43:00 AM

This is a very inexpensive shampoo which i got at a local store. I have tried the clarifying shampoo before getting this and another one with green tea scent. I like this for my hair because it really cleanse well, quite squeaky clean, even when i wash my hair only once. Abit drying when hair is wet but it's not drying when my hair has been towel dry or after it has been totally dry. No hair tangling for me when i comb my wet or dry hair. I have use shampoo that tangle my hair into knots and it's very difficult to comb, wet or dried.

I think it is good for those who have oily hair or oily scalp because it really get rid of the oiliness yet i don't feel my hair need to compensate it with more oil, unlike Suave Clarifying shampoo which does that. Only thing i don't like is the smell, very diluted and artificial and did i mention it is very cheap? I don't know if my hair will change again for the worse or will turn better, because believe it or not, i've tried so many shampoo and starting out they are fine but as time goes by, either my hair doesn't suit the shampoo or likewise shampoo doesn't work for me anymore.

UPDATED: I think the shampoo start to dry my hair out, making it quite frizzy and fried? I'll be getting their conditioner soon and see if it's better. As for repurchase, i may consider getting just one only because it really helps for my oily hair and scalp but it is too dry for my hair without conditioner...

on 3/20/2015 6:37:00 PM

Been using VO5 for years! This Shampoo&Conditioner variety is awesome! Makes my curls Soft&silky.

on 9/24/2014 6:48:00 PM

i thought this might be a good gentle shampoo to give my hair a break from the deep cleansing ones I normally use.

It does seem gentle but makes my hair too slippery, flyaway and fluffy. Silky, but with no grip or body.This might be due to the added proteins (pretty common in V05 products).

The strawberry scent is really cheap/artificial, not tart and fruity.

Ingredients

on 5/6/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is in my line up of go to daily shampoos, it's a very basic shampoo, but it never disappoints. It smells absolutely delicious and gets my hair squeaky clean, it is just a teeny bit drying, but for this price range it's expected. It's much better than a lot of other VO5 or Sauve shampoo as far as moisture retention.
I only wash my hair 3 times a week so it works well for my lifestyle. I need a little strip when I've gone all weekend without washing my hair (gross, but that's restaurant life!).
I never pair this w/ the matching conditioner though, IMO it's not made well enough. I use this shampoo with sauve professionals conditioner and the two make a nice team.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This smells like a strawberry cupcake!! If it were edible, I would absolutely devour it, and it's 79 cents, so if you hate it, then you're not out a whole bunch of money. I personally like Vo5 shampoos because they don't build up in my thick hair, instead they leave it looking thicker and full of vitality. This shampoo is no exception, it may be a bit drying for everyday use, so I counteract this by adding some EVOO to it for moisture. Love this yummy shampoo and highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So I was looking for a really cheap product for my generally "out-of-control" hair and I stumbled upon this one at the dollar tree. Yep, it was just for a dollar! So I obviously had to try it.
So I've been using it for a couple weeks and I'm not too let down by the results, yet not exactly happy with them either. It can't be used without a conditioner. And it dries out your hair a bit, too.
But for the price, everything else about it is great. It stays true to its fragrance (very yummy) and lathers up and cleans your hair out very well. Just be sure to use a good conditioner afterwards. Tryy it! :)

on 9/16/2012 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been on the search for my HG shampoo & condish for as long as I can remember and of all things to work for me, the VO5 Moisture Milks Shampoo & Conditioner do. I've used the Strawberries & Cream as well as the Passionfruit Smoothie. Both were labeled "Moisture Milks" and not "Smoothing" that I saw anywhere on the package.
The shampoo lathers well and cleanses without stripping. The shampoo moisturizes without weighing my (fine) hair down. And the best part: my usually tangle-prone hair is easy to comb through.
I seriously cannot believe these are $1.00 each! That is just insane.
My only complaint is that the product literally flies out of the bottle top if you're not careful...DO NOT SQUEEZE! :) After one or two uses you get the hang of it, but it would be nice if they redesigned so the flow was slower.
I can't see myself buying another brand of shampoo & condish as long as these continue to work so well for me.

on 11/20/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the scent of this shampoo. It lathers well and it leaves behind nice, soft hair. Its really cheap so I can buy if I run out of other pricier shampoos.

on 11/20/2011 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Every couple years I grow my hair out and I end up going back to one of the V05s because for whatever reason they make my fine hair look way thicker. I used to use the "extra body" shampoo but the smell bothers me now (was the fragrance always that strong? Who knows) so I picked up the green tea one and the strawberries and cream version....and all I can say is this: when I use the strawberries and cream type I can feel my hair thickening as I lather. No doubt this is psychological - I dunno - but whatever it is I'm converting. Will pick up some of the conditioner this weekend at the CVS Black Friday extravaganza. I alternate this with Infusium Volumologie and frankly this works better for me. Dare I call it an HG? Yup.

LOVE this shampoo! The scent is great, and it helps control my frizzy/wavy/curly hair.