November 23, 2014 | 1566 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Speed Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by RachelMarieNails

I received this product through a giveaway I won on a Nail Radio Show. I already love CND products. I swear my Solar Oil and Stickey base coat. I was super excited to try this because if you've tried Seche Vite top coat- it's hard to go back to normal top coats after you've experienced the Fast Drying properties.
I LOVE CND Super Shiney top coat but it takes a long time to dry. I used this and SolarSpeed Spray and it dried a lot faster. It's still not as fast as Seche Vite but I like this better. I don't get good wear with fast drying top coats so anything to speed up slower drying top coats is awesome.
I've tried it with Qtica Extended Top Coat and also OPI DS Top Coat and it speeds up the drying time with other brands as well.
I also love that it has the conditioning properties of Solar Oil. If I'm in a hurry I can spray some of this on without having to worry about apply cuticle oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

it was by sheer luck that i happened to glance upon this product at a local Cosmo Prof supply store... i was there with a friend, and decided to wander around the store when i found my way to the nail polish section, and this wonderful concoction caught my eye...

it smells heavenly, like cherries and sweet almonds, and it is bar none the best nail drying spray... i dont remember how much i paid for the nice sized 4oz bottle (think it was $12)... but it absolutely TRUMPS the competiton.. Q ticas 1/2 time drying accelerator is a measly .25oz, and costs $17 a bottle...

aside from this glaring difference in size and price... i found through repeated use, that i was less likely to smudge my maincure using the solar speed spray, and as an added bonus my top coat would appear a lot glossier...

it only takes a couple sprays per hand after each coat to do the trick... and be sure to wash your hands after each spray so that the new coat youre applying will go on even and smooth...

after discovering this product i will never go back to anything else... with my hectic and busy life, i would not be able to have a decent fresh looking manicure unless i devoted my entire day to it, had i not found this spray

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Bratt_the_Catt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

smells nice, but strong. I don't know if this dries them faster or just makes them slippery and less prone to smudges. I don't care for the packaging, as the bottle seems to get slippery and hard to spray. For now, I would purchase again, though I've heard that a silicone-based shine spray for hair will work just as well. I'll try that next time and report back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this spray! I saw it recommended in a magazine years ago and bought it shortly thereafter. After my final coat (topcoat), the directions say to wait one minute then lightly spray. It will bead up a little on the nails, but is does cut down on drying time. The smell is wonderful, almond oil, and the any spray that gets onto your hands is a great moisturizer, it calms the freshly trimmed cuticles. I did not notice any dulling of the polish like a couple reviewers stated. One bottle has lasted me years (although I only give myself a manicure once every other month, or so). I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 6:25:00 AM More reviews by marisa_61

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I must say that I bought this product on a whim when it was on sale at ULTA in a gift pack with the Super-Shiney Top Coat. I am soooo glad I bought it. It smells fabulous just like the Solar Oil (which I use daily). It really does make my polish dry super fast, but the oil is lightweight and it absorbs quickly, so your not walking around with greasy fingers and toes. I personally have never had a problem with it dulling my polish or making it chip faster, but they may be due to the fact that I only use OPI polishes and I always use the Chip Skip and Top Coat. Bonus: because you only use a couple of sprays for each manicure and pedicure the bottle will last FOREVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 9:29:00 AM More reviews by partymartyw

This is an oil spray that helps your polish dry quickly. I like how it moisturizes also. Really works well and dries polish fast! Has that wonderful almond smell of solar oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

i actually like this product. it's a bit messy when you spray but the almond scent is very pleasing and the stuff works. my nails dry in like a minute so i'm free to go straight to bed, or whatever. and i find no dents on my polish the next morning. i'll definitely get this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by bunnyfoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This spray has a very pleasant almond smell. I'd say it's very good at taking away the nail polish smell after my manicure, so for that fact alone, I gave it 2 lippies. However, that's about all it's good for. In my opinion, it didn't help to dry my freshly polished nails any faster -- I ended up with sheet marks after I took a nap an hour after spraying my nails. Maybe I didn't use enough of it? Otherwise, the spray didn't affect the polish. It didn't take away the shine or make it chip any faster (this is over the course of a week; I change my polish weekly).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2005 8:28:00 AM More reviews by timbuktu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't dry my nails any faster plus it dulled the look of the polish. I like Solar Oil but this is just useless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2003 4:03:00 AM More reviews by face_case

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best polish set's I have use. Smells just like cherry almonds, plus gives your hands & nails a nice glossy look from the oil, oh and lets not forget the benfits of solar oil....strengthening the nail and making it more pliable and also softening the cuticles. It does set your polish in a minute or so too and the oil helps to prevents dents in the nails. Love this stuff!