Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder

4.5

INGREDIENTS: Talc, silica, zinc stearate, cornstarch, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, tricaprylin, isopropyl palmitate, lanolin oil, tocopherol, lanolin alcohol, ascoryl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, barium sulfate, methylparaben, propylparaben

on 2/16/2015 6:42:00 PM

Wow very like this. I bought my at Sephora for $40 before taxed. I got this in Golden Light. I very like matte bronzer. It doesn't break me out like some bronzer. Happy with this bronzer.

on 1/18/2015 9:28:00 AM

good quality 👌

on 1/15/2015 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes! HG-worthy! I'm fair skinned with a lot of redness in my skin. Most bronzers make me look orange-faced or dirty. Not this one. Easy to build, smooth, and very easy to use for a very light application, which is important to me. I use Golden Light. For being "golden," it's actually not that gold. It is matte and very natural in tone and texture.

I use bronzer every day, though I do apply it lightly, and this stuff lasts FOREVER. I barely have to tap my brush against it, which makes the price more reasonable. The only problem I have had with it is one compact I bought dropped on linoleum once. The mirror and pan stayed in tact, but the clasp inside that keeps it closed did not. It must have hit the floor at a strange angle? That one won't shut anymore, so I can't take it with me and had to buy a second for travel or to throw in my purse. Not a huge deal, but maybe something to be careful about. The packaging itself is nice - typical classic and minimal Bobbi Brown. Definitely safe to throw in your purse without worrying about it opening, assuming you haven't broken yours like me :)

I'll preface this review by saying that this product is expensive at $44 CAD. That being said, there is no other bronzer that compares.

PROS: It lasts FOREVER! I use it every single day of the year and I've only gone through 2 pans in 4 years. It has no shimmer and it is NOT orange-toned. There's nothing worse that putting on a bronzer that makes you look like a pumpkin. This is the most natural bronzing powder I've ever used and it completely mimics a natural tan/summer glow. It is finely milled, so you don't need a lot of it to get great results. It comes in 7 shades, so there's an option for every skin-tone. The packaging is simple and elegant and very portable.

CONS: NONE. ZERO.

Even though the price isn't preferable, I believe that sometimes it's better to spend a little bit more on certain products that work exceptionally well, rather than attempt to save money and get something that "just okay".

on 3/21/2014 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my second bobbi bronzer i purchased Medium both times. I love it. I highly recommend it. Very pigmented. Not orangey. Love how its not sparkly in anyway.

on 3/1/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is for the Light Bronzer and the Antigua bronzing blush powder.. huh

anyway, I have been using for years when spring rolls around and since I am now into spring cleaning, have put it back into rotation.
I missed it from last summer.

I do not tan - ever. I just use this or any of my CD bronzers to fake it. oh, if faking everything else in life were this easy!

but a long short story.. it's great. No orange, no glitter and buildable color.

love love love

purchased 2x so far

on 3/1/2014 7:09:00 PM

This bronzer is the best I have found. It is the perfect colour and it lasts a long time. My only complaint is that it broke very easily (I didn't drop it) but I loved it so much I still used it when it broke up into little bits. I got the medium colour and it's a natural bronze colour (not orange!) for my NC25 skin tone. I also can break out terribly on my cheeks from bronzer but this has kept my skin clear.

on 2/4/2014 5:36:00 PM

I am very fair, but I found a nice shade. I also ought the Anguilla (which is a pink shade). Love both. Only complaint is the packaging always cracks. But Nordstrom always replaces it.

on 12/20/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful bronzer! My first Bobbi Brown product and I am very impressed. I'm typically quite the MAC snob, but MAC bronzers weren't really doing it for me, and I heard great things about the Bobbi Brown ones so I figured I'd give them a try, so glad I did. I'm an NC30-35 and use the shade Golden Light, which gives me a very soft, natural colour. I also love that this bronzer is matte, very pigmented and build-able, so I can use it for both a heavy dramatic contour, or a light, natural look. I think people with skin tones similar to mine could easily use the medium shade, but I wanted to look natural, and I felt the medium shade was too pinky for my skin tone. Another thing I LOVE about this bronzer is the texture of it, it's a BEAUTIFUL silky, buttery texture, so easy to apply and blend, I often find matte products to be chalky or dry, not not this one! Lasting powder is great, no orange-y oxidization and doesn't turn my oily skin into a greasy mess. I would definitely say that this is the best bronzer I have ever used, highly recommend to anybody who is picky about bronzers - as I really think this meets all the checkpoints. It is very pricey, but it's lasted me forever, and I think if you're going to be wearing bronzer regularly, you should be using a good quality one. Bobbi Brown really did a great job with this product! Will gladly repurchase.

on 12/16/2013 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I was choosing between this product and the Benefit Hoola and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't go with the Hoola.

I was swatched with the shade Golden Light but just to be sure, I used the Ask an Artist form in the BB website. I was apprehensive that Golden Light might be too light but both the SA and the BB representative highly recommended the shade. For reference I wear 4.5 Warm Natural in Bobbi Brown and NC40-42 in MAC.

The product is just okay, nothing to write home about. It's light so I'd need a few good swipes to have it show on my skin. I inquired about a darker shade but apparently it would be too dark for me. Against my yellow tones the bronzer can look a bit dirty and red. It doesn't define and contour as well too.

I do, however, love the sleek compact. Plus points as well for Bobbi Brown's awesome website customer service.

When I swatched Benefit Hoola, my face completely changed. I was glowing. No effect of the same caliber for Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Powder. Very pricey as well. I will not repurchase.

Popular Bronzers