April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Palladio - Rice Powder Blotting Papers

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by BeautySis

Just received my first two packs of these an they are great! I was using body shop tea tree oil blotting papers but they have been discontinued. I wasn't too happy about that so went looking for on the internet for an alternative (they are very hard to find instore in NZ). I am so happy I found these because they work so much better! I only have to use one at a time as opposed to 3 - 4 because they take up all of the oil. Will repurchase! only downside is they take a while to arrive and aren't available instore in my country

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I ordered 2! Gosh, it's so affordable yet very effective! It doesn't remove make up, just the oil! And doesn't break me out either to think that the product is very cheap. You get way more than you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil absorbing sheets are awesome!!! I have combination skin and my nose gets really oily just one hour after doing my makeup. I use them in traslucent, they have a little powder that leaves skin with a velvety finish. One pack goes a long way for me, because I cut one sheet in two pieces since I just use them in my nose. The only downside is that I would love a sturdier package, but it's ok, I still love them because they are such a good product that I use religiously everyday, a lot much better than trying to mattify my oily nose with pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are the bomb.com! They suck up oil like nobody's business & leave a nice matte finish. I have used natural and translucent. I prefer natural because translucent washes me out. The natural does have some color to it and looks like you have just applied a light dusting of powder. If you don't like the powder look, these aren't for you. I am fair with cool undertones and natural works well for me. I do wish these were a little cheaper because I use 2 to 3 sheets at a time depending on how oily I am that day. I want my face to be totally even so I blot every inch! I guess I have a big face lol! Honestly there are days when I don't even have to pull these out of my purse so I guess my lack of use makes up for my splurging when I do need them! Anyways I get mine at Sally's for $3.99 (pro club price, $4.39 regularly). Sometimes I catch them on sale for $2.99 and stock up! There are 40 in one packet. Packaging is great and slim, doesn't take up much room at all in the purse or makeup bag. They pop right up one after the other so it's very easy to use them on the go. Rarely I will tear one pulling it out of the tight package but hey I'm rough on stuff! I've used other blotting papers but these are the only ones I've found that look like I actually touched my makeup up without doing so at all so you got nothing to lose! Sally's accepts returns if you do not like the product, just keep your receipt. The return policy is also on the back of the receipt. Hope I helped anyone who is as curious as I am about makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

Great blotting sheets. I got it in translucent just to avoid the risk of color not matching. It takes away oil and mattifies my t-zone, exactly what a blotting sheet should do. It doesn't look cakey on me either. I just pat it across my oily areas. You get 40 sheets for about $4, so 10 sheets for a $1 is kind of pricey for me when it's just paper, but it's a much more affordable option in comparison to other brands. The packaging is also nice. Works kind of like baby wipes where one pops out and out comes another. I haven't had any papers rip. I have to make sure not to smash this though because it's just a cardstock-ish material. Also has a tab that makes it easy to close and open. Convenient for travel. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought them at Sally Beauty Supply in the shade Translucent and Natural. Each contain 40 tissues for a reasonable price ($4USD). The packaging is kind of cute, it have a draw of a geisha, I find it kind of cute and eye catching. It is a very thin packaging, doesn't take a lot of space in your makeup bag (travel friendly) and it is made of hard paper so be careful to keep it away from humid places or surfaces.

Once you open the "container" you can unfold the tissues without a problem, they wont break, they are quite thick. On one side they are kind of matte or powder free, on the other side of the tissue you have powder so you can choose: only mattify OR mattify with a little bit of coverage, I find that pretty smart.

I started using them from both sides to see the difference. The powder free side just mattified my skin pretty well, I really liked the result but the powdery side gave me a super cakey finish and I found that most of the times, the tissue left my face with powder residue so I had to take it out with a brush so I always had to blott my face with a mirror to make sure I wont left any flakes of powder. (One lippy less)

I find very important to say that I just used one per day, (if needed, depend on what foundation I was wearing that day). But I have oily skin and just blotted once and that was it! So you will save money because they will last you a long time. Of course, you have to throw them away after one use.

My boyfriend saw me using them once and he used one tissue (he felt curious to try them) and he loved them!! He asked me to buy them one package of this blotting papers and he is in love with them, hahaha. He told me he mostly use the non product side because he didnt liked the powdery side just because he felt it gave him a very fake and cakey finish.

A great product for man and women, great price and smart idea of giving you the option of just mattify or mattify with coverage. I would buy this again just to use the matte but no coverage side.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by spaingirl87

I am very impressed. This is HG and should replace all face setting powders. I live in Texas, with some really hot summers, and trust me this works. I can spend all day outside without worrying about my makeup melting and almost no shine. I use it in translucent and I wear NC42, and no white cast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have these in the shade Natural. I just rediscovered these in my car and I forgot how much I liked them. I don't like the powder that much though. I use the unpowdered side but they absorb so much oil. I remember getting them at Sallys for around $3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of blotting papers - in fact they are a must have for me during the warmer months. Although I usually wear powder foundation I still find that I get oily (combo skin) during warm weather, so I love blotting papers with powder. I bought these to replace some Burt's Bees ones that I had for years, and finally ran out of. These have more powder on them than the BB's (the packaging, which is adorable btw, says it is rice powder), so I have found a powder brush to be necessary after blotting with these, otherwise the powder is visible and doesn't spread evenly on the face. But I do find that these are effective at blotting oil and combating shine - in fact they work very well. Other than needing to brush off the excess powder, these are great. I will definitely buy them again if and when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

these are awesome!!!!! The package is really cute and they come in really handy when you're on the run and don't have time to constantly touch up your makeup.

The sheets come with a little bit of powder on them so as you're blotting you get a bit of a touch up, it's really great! They leave you nice and matte and they last forever.