October 24, 2014 | 935 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur #34 Golden Copper

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I got this as part of a gift with purchase set and while it goes on creamily with a lot of pigment, the fragrance is overpowering. The color does not work with my skin tone (NC10-15) and looks really metallic. However, when worn as a sheer wash of color over a clear balm, the color is quite beautiful. Golden Copper is the perfect description for the color and needs no further clarification. I wouldn't buy this color, but it feels so hydrating going on that I might consider other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(2013) - having used this more, I wouldn't repurchase because it sucks all the moisture out of my lips.
I recently discovered this in my GWP stash as I was trying to de-stash (a serious addition to GWP). Since I have such vibrant coloring anyways I don't find this too heavy for day since I heavily put on lip balm before applying. It is drying but since it's so heavily pigmented it goes on really smooth and the color is fantastic. Most colors give me hesitation and this color did when viewed in the tube but it is beautiful on. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by largloworm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I wear it over other colors a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I love YSL's Golden Copper, I've been wearing it for years, at one point there was a real cult following to this color, not sure about now. It's a complex color in that in some light it can look bronzy, then it will look pinky bronze, it's not a simple color to describe but it's lovely and makes everyone I know who wears it look 100% better. It's a favorite to be sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

What? I never reviewed this lipstick?? this is a staple in my collection, a Rouge Pur purchased over and over during the years (I guess I first tried it back in 1999)... so it's ten years now. A winner for a decade!
One of the best lipsticks and shades ever.
Highly pigmented, it enrobes your lips in a velvety dress. Super long lasting, does not feather, the texure is creamy enough, but will stay put and not feather.
This particular shade is outstanding. It is a metallic, shimmery pinky brown. The shade is a tad dark on a pale skintone like mine, so for mornings I tend to put under a nude lippie so the shade diminishes intensity. But for the evening it is the best.
Not OTT like a deep shade might be, Golden Copper gives you that Hollywood smile... the golden shimmer is just gorgeous. This shade is a saver in many situations (like when you go "no clue on about what shade to wear today". When I do not know, I reach for this one and I know I will be right)
As I said it's an HG and a staple in my collection, the only Lipstick I purchased many times.
Must try it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

Got this as a part of GWP set. The color is as described- pinkish copper. May not be suitable for AM but definitely a statement at night outs. The color is fav- 5 star for this. But a good moisturizing primer is needed as, with most long-lasting l/s, it is quite drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by janechia

The packaging is glamorous. The product glides one beautifully and doesn't dry out my lips. Just one application and you get intense color. The scent took a while for me to get used to but now I love it. One of the few "metallic-looking" colors offered by YSL. Pretty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got a mini of this as a GWP. As with all other Rouge Pur lippies, this is long-lasting and also a tad drying. It does apply smoothly, though. Unlike some (cheaper) metallic lippies, this one applies smoothly and doesn't look cakey or gross. The color, as others have described, is a rosey-copper. I usually stay away from copper toned lippies because they have a tendency to look orange on me, but this one does not. I normally go for nudes and light colors, but this sort of has me convinced otherwise. It also coordinates well with the #6 lip liner. Love it, and may buy the full-size.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kgrinn

This is extremely long lasting! It even lasted through my night shower. I usually look for pink shades in lipstick but I got this as a GWP and was very surprised at how flattering it is. Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this lipstick. HG material. I have had no problems with it drying out but I do apply a good lip balm prior to application. This is a great neutral for me (neutral PPP, pink pigmented lips, blonde hair, green eyes). I have even been able to wear it with a red dress. Very nice muted metallic finish. Perfect balance of peach/pink; truly elegant.