October 22, 2014 | 1431 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Papaya Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by bnm5077

Before I write my review let me start off by saying how I got this product. I came across the sale when this type of body butter was $10 plus free shipping. I bought this scent and the passion fruit. Long story short, the shipping tracker said my package was returned to the sender because it was damaged. I called customer service and they apologized and refunded my money. To my surprise these arrived the next day totally free! So my review is based off the fact that I didn't pay for this. $10 is a good price for these, but I would try a different scent before I bought this. This smells AMAZING in the package. It's so fruity and smells like it's juicy like a real fresh papaya. It makes your skin feel wonderfully soft, but the scent wears off pretty quickly. I'm glad I tried it and that it was free, but I would try another scent before I repurchased this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells like fresh, ripe, sweet papayas

unfortunately, this scent wears off completely about 30 minutes after applying

the texture is light as lotion and so may be best for oilier skin types or used in warmer weather

Superdrug sell a larger sized (300ml) mango and papaya body lotion which smells almost identical to this - so i will not repurchase this body butter

this body butter is only available during the body shop christmas/easter sales

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Smells nice and is fairly moisturizing for the summer months. For the $5 CAD price tag, it was a good purchase. Spreads evenly and absorbs fairly well. The smell mutates a bit on my skin though. I feel that for the price, this is a 4 star, the regular price, no way. I would much rather have a real, all natural, less chemical laden body cream than anything from TBS

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by akinomonique

My most favourite one! It smells amazingly just like fresh papaya. I can not smell any chemistry. I have many of these but this one is definetely my favourite one. I have troubles with repurchasing because it was only a limited edition, but I heard some good news about comeback. If you never tried any of the body butter by TBS try this and you wont be disapointed

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by stls

One of my favorite body butters. Smells delicious, moisturizes well, absorbs relatively easy, and it's not too greasy. The scent lingers for quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by MissMicky88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Love the smell of this butter, but it does take long to sink in your skin, which is why i gave it 4 lippies. Price is okay if you buy it on sale, i wouldn't buy it for full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite body butters! I love the scent, it's sweet and fruity but not as strong as satsuma or blueberry. The consistency is also similar to satsuma and it's easy to spread. I also find it's a great moisturizer for my normal-ish skin. My hands are so soft all day. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

It says it is for normal skin, but it moisturizes so well! Compared to the satsuma it smells similar but a bit bitterer and it is also more moisturizing. Lovely smell, makes skin soft, keeps skin hydrated, and I love it. Wish it were never discontined, I mean why discontinue this brilliant scented moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh sweet yumminess! During the summertime I NEED this after being out in the sub from swimming. It REALLY does wonders in moisturizing your skin especially if you've been out tanning. The smell is just so addicting! They have a bunch of different scents and they all smell wonderful! I didn't feel it wa sticky at all. It gave my skin a healthy looking glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Body Butter range! This is one of my favourite scents so I'm sad to say that this has been discontinued in the UK. I stocked on a few tubs for just 3 each - bargain! Papaya has a soft, fruity scent that dries down to a fruity-floral. I removed one lippie because I do not find that the scent lingers compared to TBS' other scents such coconut or cocoa. Out of all the Body Butters, I find that this one leaves my skin particularly soft. It will be missed.