The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Carica Papaya Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Orange 4 (Colour).

on 2/22/2015 1:31:00 PM

I love all of the body butter by the Body Shop and papaya was no exception. Exotic yummy scent and very rich texture. In fact so rich, that I found myself actually massaging it in in order for it to melt into my skin.

Little goes a long way with this product, so for the price you pay - it is a perfect deal.
Especially if you like fruity, tropical scents - I believe papaya is the one to opt for.

If you want to read more about this body butter or other 'butter' products from the Body Shop you can check this link below. Hope it helps!

on 9/27/2013 7:43:00 PM

Before I write my review let me start off by saying how I got this product. I came across the sale when this type of body butter was $10 plus free shipping. I bought this scent and the passion fruit. Long story short, the shipping tracker said my package was returned to the sender because it was damaged. I called customer service and they apologized and refunded my money. To my surprise these arrived the next day totally free! So my review is based off the fact that I didn't pay for this. $10 is a good price for these, but I would try a different scent before I bought this. This smells AMAZING in the package. It's so fruity and smells like it's juicy like a real fresh papaya. It makes your skin feel wonderfully soft, but the scent wears off pretty quickly. I'm glad I tried it and that it was free, but I would try another scent before I repurchased this.

on 5/25/2013 8:02:00 PM

This smells like fresh, ripe, sweet papayas

unfortunately, this scent wears off completely about 30 minutes after applying

the texture is light as lotion and so may be best for oilier skin types or used in warmer weather

Superdrug sell a larger sized (300ml) mango and papaya body lotion which smells almost identical to this - so i will not repurchase this body butter

this body butter is only available during the body shop christmas/easter sales

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells nice and is fairly moisturizing for the summer months. For the $5 CAD price tag, it was a good purchase. Spreads evenly and absorbs fairly well. The smell mutates a bit on my skin though. I feel that for the price, this is a 4 star, the regular price, no way. I would much rather have a real, all natural, less chemical laden body cream than anything from TBS

on 12/16/2012 9:26:00 AM

My most favourite one! It smells amazingly just like fresh papaya. I can not smell any chemistry. I have many of these but this one is definetely my favourite one. I have troubles with repurchasing because it was only a limited edition, but I heard some good news about comeback. If you never tried any of the body butter by TBS try this and you wont be disapointed

on 9/22/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite body butters. Smells delicious, moisturizes well, absorbs relatively easy, and it's not too greasy. The scent lingers for quite a while.

on 9/18/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the smell of this butter, but it does take long to sink in your skin, which is why i gave it 4 lippies. Price is okay if you buy it on sale, i wouldn't buy it for full price.

on 2/26/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite body butters! I love the scent, it's sweet and fruity but not as strong as satsuma or blueberry. The consistency is also similar to satsuma and it's easy to spread. I also find it's a great moisturizer for my normal-ish skin. My hands are so soft all day. :D

It says it is for normal skin, but it moisturizes so well! Compared to the satsuma it smells similar but a bit bitterer and it is also more moisturizing. Lovely smell, makes skin soft, keeps skin hydrated, and I love it. Wish it were never discontined, I mean why discontinue this brilliant scented moisturizer!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Oh sweet yumminess! During the summertime I NEED this after being out in the sub from swimming. It REALLY does wonders in moisturizing your skin especially if you've been out tanning. The smell is just so addicting! They have a bunch of different scents and they all smell wonderful! I didn't feel it wa sticky at all. It gave my skin a healthy looking glow.

Popular Lotions / Creams