The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Carica Papaya Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Orange 4 (Colour).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I came to write this review, I was surprised to see that this papaya scent is discontinued in the US and UK, because it's still part of The Body Shop's main line in New Zealand, and one of my favourites! I'd never bought a body butter from The Body Shop before this one because they retail for a whopping $36.95 here, but I snatched papaya up during their Boxing Day sale last year. Almost a year later, I still have around half left, but I have used it quite sporadically -- suddenly realising it's there and proceeding to drench myself in it. The tub packaging isn't the most hygienic but it suits the formula, as I couldn't imagine such a solid lotion working with a pump dispenser or squeezy tube. It's a great moisturiser, keeping away moderate dryness like scaly skin, but is no miracle, so don't expect it to cure harsh eczema. However, it is not irritative at all, and I love that I can apply it straight after shaving my legs. The scent is an absolute dream, making the "Do not eat" sign on the tub seem pretty necessary, and I can still smell it the day after applying. If I ever manage to get to the end of it, I'll happily repurchase.

I'm extremely particular when it comes to scents and I was given a small bottle of The Body Shop's Mango body butter, which to my delight the scent was extremely pleasant and wasn't too overwhelming. Alas, when I ran out of it I headed back to the nearest Body Shop and they've told me it's been discontinued selling in my country. (Or whatever the heck that means, I see no reason to not ship it to South East Asia) The selection at that time I visited was very limited to vanilla, strawberry, lavender, coconut, almond and a few others, so I picked the next best thing to mango: Papaya.

The body butter formula is very decent. Not too slimy or oily and works very well with my skin.

I love all of the body butter by the Body Shop and papaya was no exception. Exotic yummy scent and very rich texture. In fact so rich, that I found myself actually massaging it in in order for it to melt into my skin.

Little goes a long way with this product, so for the price you pay - it is a perfect deal.
Especially if you like fruity, tropical scents - I believe papaya is the one to opt for.

If you want to read more about this body butter or other 'butter' products from the Body Shop you can check this link below. Hope it helps!

Before I write my review let me start off by saying how I got this product. I came across the sale when this type of body butter was $10 plus free shipping. I bought this scent and the passion fruit. Long story short, the shipping tracker said my package was returned to the sender because it was damaged. I called customer service and they apologized and refunded my money. To my surprise these arrived the next day totally free! So my review is based off the fact that I didn't pay for this. $10 is a good price for these, but I would try a different scent before I bought this. This smells AMAZING in the package. It's so fruity and smells like it's juicy like a real fresh papaya. It makes your skin feel wonderfully soft, but the scent wears off pretty quickly. I'm glad I tried it and that it was free, but I would try another scent before I repurchased this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells nice and is fairly moisturizing for the summer months. For the $5 CAD price tag, it was a good purchase. Spreads evenly and absorbs fairly well. The smell mutates a bit on my skin though. I feel that for the price, this is a 4 star, the regular price, no way. I would much rather have a real, all natural, less chemical laden body cream than anything from TBS

My most favourite one! It smells amazingly just like fresh papaya. I can not smell any chemistry. I have many of these but this one is definetely my favourite one. I have troubles with repurchasing because it was only a limited edition, but I heard some good news about comeback. If you never tried any of the body butter by TBS try this and you wont be disapointed

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite body butters. Smells delicious, moisturizes well, absorbs relatively easy, and it's not too greasy. The scent lingers for quite a while.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the smell of this butter, but it does take long to sink in your skin, which is why i gave it 4 lippies. Price is okay if you buy it on sale, i wouldn't buy it for full price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite body butters! I love the scent, it's sweet and fruity but not as strong as satsuma or blueberry. The consistency is also similar to satsuma and it's easy to spread. I also find it's a great moisturizer for my normal-ish skin. My hands are so soft all day. :D

It says it is for normal skin, but it moisturizes so well! Compared to the satsuma it smells similar but a bit bitterer and it is also more moisturizing. Lovely smell, makes skin soft, keeps skin hydrated, and I love it. Wish it were never discontined, I mean why discontinue this brilliant scented moisturizer!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products