July 22, 2014 | 2409 users online

Sunscreen - Dr. Hauschka - Sunscreen Stick spf 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Physical sunscreen in a solid, twist-up stick form. Package is just like the one for the lip balm. Scent is that usual gently spicy, herbal lavender-rose-geranium Dr. H fragrance. I like it, but think it's a little too much for something you might apply around your eyes or mouth. The texture is very waxy and thick and it leaves a visible white cast on skin, so it must be rubbed in thoroughly. Even then, I have a feeling it will not work for those with medium-to-dark complexions as it will make them look ashy or pasty.

I cannot comment on the sun protection. It seems to work well, but I've never gotten a sunburn around my eyes either. This is more of a protective balm than an emollient; it's very thick and dry and drags over skin rather than gliding. Not great for dry skin, but works well with normal skin. I find that it mixes with concealer and makes it blend nicely.

Price is very, very high. Packaging is attractive but not ideal, as it's just a stick rattling around in the tube and seems liable to break off easily.

I still prefer Kiehl's Sun Protection Stick to this because it has a nicer texture that glides on, is more moisturizing, and has no fragrance at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by lammtron

Horrible stuff- who wants to look like a test cricketer when they're out and about on holiday? Not me!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stick makes you white as a sheet! I want a stick that I can use while driving or whenever I cannot wash my hands to apply on my lips or eyes. It leaves you so white with one stroke that you can't even spead it easily or mix with concealer or lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kinghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it because it is very natural so I bought it and use it as a sunblock for my lips. But I have hard times applying the stick evenly on my lips. It doesn't really stick on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2006 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jelink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this under my eyes before applying concealer - Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hutchepsut

I like this one a lot. It also provides moisture to the area under my eyes. I think my under-eye area get better because of this one.

Smell is nice. It stays and doesn't migrate to your eyes. Clinique sunscreen stick is also good but this one moisturizes and protects at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Celiacie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this along with the Sunscreen for Children SPF 22 on my face (this goes on my eyes, nose, lips). This is definitely heavier than the SPF 22 sunscreen, very thick going on. I have dry, sensitive skin and SPF always gives me irritation or some kind of skin reaction. Not this stuff. I've found these two products to actually improve my skin's appearance, making it smoother, evened the skin tone, and generally leaving me with a brighter complexion. I've found the best results when using the Dr. Hauschka products alone and not mixing it with other skincare. A must re-purchase for me!

*One warning though: I found this sunblock stick to be smellier than the sunscreen (fragrance-free, meaning no extra perfume or artificial scents are added to make it smell better; it smells medicinal), but the scent was negligible for me. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this sunscreen around my eyes. It works great, doesn't sting my eyes and the non-greasy formula meant that my makeup didn't smear. Except for the fact that it leaves a white-ish cast, it's a great item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

I travel with this baby everywhere. I hate sunscreen having one of those blessed faces that break from every type of sunscreen, but with this, I can just smack it on as I go outside and it gives protection, doesnt bak me out and leaves a great feeling and is just plain awesome. The portability factor of this makes it such a winner. I love this line and am sticking to em!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2003 12:50:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every single day on top of my regular lip balm (usually the Dr. Hauschka lip balm). Though it looks white, and if you apply 10 coats it might make your lips white, with one or two swipes you get broad spectrum uva/uvb protection on your lips with a product that also stuffs in many hydrating essential oils like jojoba, sweet almond, and apricot kernel. Can be used anywhere else on the face and/or body, and contains only titanium dioxide- no harsh chemicals!