October 31, 2014 | 857 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Vitality Facial Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this with hyaluronic acid in the mornings before I put on my makeup. It smooths out my skin and looks great under makeup. My skin appears healthier overall in the weeks since I started using it. My skin feels more moisturized and it absorbs really well. No greasy feeling. I read somewhere that the packaging change was due to a change in the pump on the bottle-not to the formula of the product itself. I couldn't find any documentation of the formula ingredients before to compare to the formula now.

It is a little pricey for the amount that you get but it smells good and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by hoaquynhmd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you want your skin feels like baby skin, then use it. You will see the different right at the first time. Good luck!

Wal mart has best deal on this product than other drug stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Makemeupnotcakemeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an african american teen makeup & skincare fanatic. i suffer with dark marks all over my face. i have invested in many products, such as the PMD , mena cream , murad vitamin c serum. multiple things. after reading reviews on this serum i was very on edge but it was too late i had already purchased it on a whim. i honestly cannot believe the results i have received from this serum. my dark spots are literally diminishing right before my eyes. i use this religiously right before bed with along with african black soap by shea moisture. i am so in love. it didn't break me out . its very lightweight, the smell is only overwhelming the first day or so. overall i love this serum.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I really liked this at first, although it's more of a lotion consistency than a serum. However, as time went by I noticed that it did not give me the luminous quality I'm used to from a Vit C serum and it was also a little harsh, giving me dry/flaky patches. I was exfoliating more than I'm used to and as a result my skin has suffered slightly. I've finished my 2nd bottle and sadly won't repurchase. I am going back to the Avalon Lavender serum mainly for the feelgood factor it gives me and I'm hoping to see better results. If not it's either back to Estée Lauder or I'm going to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by queenstar

This product works wonder on my acne prone skin, It is really affordable compare to other vitamin C serums. It improves the overall texture of the skin. My skin is so much brighter since I am using this product. It also helped with my acne scars and has reduced my blemishes. I use this at least twice a day. Each bottle lasts about 2 months for me but no complains! the price is affordable and the result well worth the money! This one of the few products I could see the improvement in my skin in first few days of using. highly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have highly sensitive skin and eczema on my face i tried this and within one day my eczema was completely gone and it made my skin look amazing :O

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

The new formula is garbage. I actually returned it and complained to the company. Why they would reformulate to a worse formulation is beyond me but at any rate I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND! It's nothing like the old formulation and the addition of bergamot is ridiculous..that can cause brown spots on your face! Ugh. No way I'll repurchase unless they go back to the original formula.

15 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first vitamin C serum, and probably the best d/s option but, ultimately, a disappointment because I saw no improvement in fine lines or skin texture/color.

Pros: hygienic, lockable pump. Not as expensive as other serums.

Cons: Housed in frosted clear glass, which exposes the product to light and accelerates breakdown of Vitamin C. Feels very sticky on the skin. % Vitamin C in the product is not listed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not impressed by this at all. It's more a light lotion than a serum.
It smells too much like orange candy to me and instead of being absorbed to the skin quickly, it sits on top of my skin not having much effect at all apart from the smell and an uncomfortable feeling.

A serum for me should give an extra boost of moisture and be absorbed quickly.This doesn't.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by edendani17

I really like this product. I used to put it on every night after I washed my face, but before a moisturizer (although when my skin was more oily, this was good enough for a moisturizer). It made my skin feel so smooth. I thought it smelt good-- like orange candy, almost, but if you don't like it, the scent goes away within a few minutes. It made my skin look a lot brighter. It broke me out the first few days, but within the week it was fine, so the break outs are the only thing keeping me from giving it five stars.