Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara

3.5

I purchased this bcs a friend explained how you easily roll the tubes off your lashes with water. No panda eyes ever again. On that basis worth a shot! I love the packaging, really sleek heavy-weight tube. Unfortunately that's as far as the positives go, aside from yes it does wash off amazingly well.

The brush is awful, a short fibrous spiral. When I say short I mean around 3mm, so not much at all to get around your lashes so they are glooped together. Ugh. The formula itself is sort of plasticated so sets once you've applied it, hence ease of removal. This means it's impossible to layer as it just globs together once you leave the first layer to set. I tried this so many different ways and it just didn't work for me. Also, because it disappears so well in water, I left the house on a humid day and on a foggy day and on both occasions my lashes morphed into gluey lumpy messes. AWFUL. At around 25 this is a pretty appaling mascara. Am sticking with No. 17, Maybelline + L'oreal!

on 1/17/2015 8:47:00 AM

This mascara was great to begin with, length, buildable volume, no flaking, smudging, etc, beautiful, inky black color, but just after a few short weeks, it began to dry out quickly and and when applied it flaked everywhere. For the price, I expect far more and there are too many cheap, drugstore mascaras out there that perform a lot better.

on 12/22/2014 8:24:00 PM

This is a GREAT 'naked' face mascara for when you want the world to see you as a natural beauty, such as a day at the beach or biking around town. It definitely darkens but lashes look softer and more natural than any other mascara I've ever used. It's marketed as High Volume which I think is misleading - you don't get the drama of a Chanel or Dior. It coats the lashes in little tubes and this seems to keep them from clumping. The coverage is nice, it never flakes or smears but comes off easily. My niece just turned 15 and this is the mascara I got for her so she wouldn't look like a teenage whore.

The tube appears small but it seems to last as long as any of my other mascaras. And the small brush seems to really aid in the application. This is not what I use everyday, and especially not at night, but it definitely serves a purpose!

on 11/7/2013 4:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product. This is the only mascara that doesn't fall on my under eye area after 4 hours. It stays on perfect all day. Its easy to apply, the thin brush makes it easy to get hold of even the very thin lower lashes. it is quite pricey, if not to say very, but its worth it.

on 4/2/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very torn when it comes to this product. Let's just say I haven't been blessed in the lashes department. They are light, fine, thin, etc. Generally, I am happy with a mascara that gives some volume and length. My biggest issue is that the skin around my eyes tends to get very oily throughout the day. This causes even waterproof mascaras to smudge and smear. I have been on the search for my perfect mascara for a long time. I came across Trish McEvoy at Nordstom, and decided to give it a try. The sales consultant sold me when she promised it would not smudge. I purchased it with high hopes.

PROS:
Does not smudge! It really doesn't. I even put it on my bottom lashes, and at the end of the day it's not halfway don my face.
Removes easily. It really just slides right off with a mild cleanser. No need for crazy makeup removers.
Great jet black color.

CONS:
It never seems to go on just right. There always is a clump here or there.
Doesn't give any real volume like it says. Other mascaras have delivered much better in that department.
Consistency changes dramatically over a short period of time. Within about one month, this mascara went from almost too wet, to dried and clumpy.
Too pricey for what it actually delivers.

I don't know if I will be buying this again. The non-smudging quality is a huge selling point for me, as is the easy removal. I think I will be trying out some other brands, but will not rule out this product in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I work in cosmetics and I see time and time again women asking for this mascara.
I love this because of the tubing technology. I like this better than the Kevyn Aucoin because it gives much more volume and drama. Those who like more natural looking lashes should use the Kevyn Aucoin.
Pros:
doesn't smudge
doesn't flake
holds the curl of lashes
very volumizing!!

Cons:
slightly wet
$30 price

on 2/20/2013 10:30:00 PM

Possibly the worst mascara in existence

I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. I should have seen the warning signals when A - the consultant couldn't sum up anything which made this mascara stand out from the crowd, and B the fact Trish McEvoy sell like 3 mascaras. The tube is tiny and thin just like the brush. Very wet consistency the actual mascara also, no sign of volume even after 3 coats. So unimpressed I tried to offload it to my friends who I thought might get at least some use from it, we all concluded its garage and subsequently a total rip off.

on 2/5/2013 10:58:00 AM

OMG, I am so glad I bought a travel size from Ebay (that was also pricey) before taking the plunge and buying a full size! This has to be one of the worse mascara's I have ever tried. I am also a mascara person, always on the look out for a new good one. This one is NOT for me. It is extremely CLUMPY. I normally have great lashes, long and pretty thick. This mascara put blobs on my lashes, it looks horrible. I just put the mascara on for the first and last time. I have no idea how it is to wash off. But, based on what the other reviews have written, sounds like it will come off easily (which I will love). Therefore, I rated it a 2 based on trusting the other reviews for washing it off.

on 2/4/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is okay but not amazing. Yes it washes off easily. Yes it looks fake.

on 1/30/2013 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the ONLY mascara I will use. I discovered it at Saks about 9 years ago and haven't used anything since. It doesn't flake, smudge or run and removes easily with warm water; glides right off my lashes. I cannot stand when mascara runs on the lower lash line and under eyes!! This mascara is amazing!! Makes my eyelashes thick and beautiful and the pigment is the blackest black. Tubing mascara is not for everyone but I would definitely try it.

Popular Mascaras