October 20, 2014 | 1929 users online

Mascara - Trish McEvoy - High Volume Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. This is the only mascara that doesn't fall on my under eye area after 4 hours. It stays on perfect all day. Its easy to apply, the thin brush makes it easy to get hold of even the very thin lower lashes. it is quite pricey, if not to say very, but its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by xojennyo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very torn when it comes to this product. Let's just say I haven't been blessed in the lashes department. They are light, fine, thin, etc. Generally, I am happy with a mascara that gives some volume and length. My biggest issue is that the skin around my eyes tends to get very oily throughout the day. This causes even waterproof mascaras to smudge and smear. I have been on the search for my perfect mascara for a long time. I came across Trish McEvoy at Nordstom, and decided to give it a try. The sales consultant sold me when she promised it would not smudge. I purchased it with high hopes.

PROS:
Does not smudge! It really doesn't. I even put it on my bottom lashes, and at the end of the day it's not halfway don my face.
Removes easily. It really just slides right off with a mild cleanser. No need for crazy makeup removers.
Great jet black color.

CONS:
It never seems to go on just right. There always is a clump here or there.
Doesn't give any real volume like it says. Other mascaras have delivered much better in that department.
Consistency changes dramatically over a short period of time. Within about one month, this mascara went from almost too wet, to dried and clumpy.
Too pricey for what it actually delivers.

I don't know if I will be buying this again. The non-smudging quality is a huge selling point for me, as is the easy removal. I think I will be trying out some other brands, but will not rule out this product in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I work in cosmetics and I see time and time again women asking for this mascara.
I love this because of the tubing technology. I like this better than the Kevyn Aucoin because it gives much more volume and drama. Those who like more natural looking lashes should use the Kevyn Aucoin.
Pros:
doesn't smudge
doesn't flake
holds the curl of lashes
very volumizing!!

Cons:
slightly wet
$30 price

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Possibly the worst mascara in existence

I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. I should have seen the warning signals when A - the consultant couldn't sum up anything which made this mascara stand out from the crowd, and B the fact Trish McEvoy sell like 3 mascaras. The tube is tiny and thin just like the brush. Very wet consistency the actual mascara also, no sign of volume even after 3 coats. So unimpressed I tried to offload it to my friends who I thought might get at least some use from it, we all concluded its garage and subsequently a total rip off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG, I am so glad I bought a travel size from Ebay (that was also pricey) before taking the plunge and buying a full size! This has to be one of the worse mascara's I have ever tried. I am also a mascara person, always on the look out for a new good one. This one is NOT for me. It is extremely CLUMPY. I normally have great lashes, long and pretty thick. This mascara put blobs on my lashes, it looks horrible. I just put the mascara on for the first and last time. I have no idea how it is to wash off. But, based on what the other reviews have written, sounds like it will come off easily (which I will love). Therefore, I rated it a 2 based on trusting the other reviews for washing it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by PearlLash

This mascara is okay but not amazing. Yes it washes off easily. Yes it looks fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by BreAB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY mascara I will use. I discovered it at Saks about 9 years ago and haven't used anything since. It doesn't flake, smudge or run and removes easily with warm water; glides right off my lashes. I cannot stand when mascara runs on the lower lash line and under eyes!! This mascara is amazing!! Makes my eyelashes thick and beautiful and the pigment is the blackest black. Tubing mascara is not for everyone but I would definitely try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lovemyangel1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

as this maybe a nie mascara for most but not for me it is formula but clumps and it is great taking it off but it makes one eye look good and the other looks horriable for some reason don't have the same effect for both eyes. but this really wouldn't be for me as my lashes are thinned out and i also have missing lashes due to the fact i was using smashbox lash contionior i think it took some lashs off so this will be going back

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I am a bit of a mascara junkie. I look for length, volume and most importantly, staying power/zero smudge. It also needs to be easy to remove. This mascara is all that and removes easily with finger tips and hot water. It is my current go-to. I think that TM has reformulated this. I used to use it and after only a couple of weeks, it would get dry and flaky. I have had this tube for about a month now and it is still going strong. If I can get a few more weeks out of it, it will be crowned my HG! Update: I didn't get a few more weeks before it got flaky. I have ended up going back to it, time and time again though. As it is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. Pricy to replace every 4-6 weeks, but until I find a better one, this is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara reminds me of the type of mascara one would wear for a black tie event. It's very very black and thick. It doesn't smudge or flake. But if too much is applied, it's going to clump like nobody's business. Using an eyelash comb, while product is somewhat moist, is recommend. If you attempt to separate your lashes after it dries, it's going to crumble and the tugging hurts a little.

Although the brush is very small and kinda' strange looking, it's good at picking up every single lash. I had no idea I had so many wild eyelashes until I applied this. After plucking the wild lashes out, I was left with really dark, dense, beautiful lashes. Because I use a Castor/Amla/Coconut oil mixture on my lashes every night, they are long, thick, and dense. This mascara made it appear as if I was wearing false eyelashes. Coupled with the intense gel eyeliner, the look was very dramatic and not one I'd wear during the day. It's definitely an evening look if you have long, thick eyelashes. Now, if your eyelashes are short, skimpy and sparse, then you will definitely be able to wear this as a daytime mascara with no problem.

After a couple of weeks it seemed to harden or dry out a bit, so I put it in hot water before using it. It makes application alot easier. I really like this mascara and it's going to be the one I reach for when I need an evening look, but it's not one that I would use everyday for a simple, natural looking eye. I'm guessing it's because of the volumizing. I'm going to try her lengthening mascara and see if it works as an everyday mascara. Even though it's costly, it's cheaper than Jane Iredale.