November 26, 2014 | 1676 users online

Brows - NARS - Eyebrow Pencil in Ipanema

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best color for black eyebrows. I never used pencil before for fear of looking hard and crazy but this pencil has the right amount of pigment. Taupes and Browns were either too light or too dark but this color seems to go with many different hair tones and looks totally natural and brings out your eyes. Does not wear off throughout the day-even on hot days and I'm oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lilahtov1

On my second pencil and planning to buy a third when I run out! Fairly priced for a dept. store brand, and I really care about how my brows look. With a little gel afterward, this pencil gives me months before I truly have to go back and have my brows waxed. A miracle worker for sparse brown brows you wish were more shapely. The only caveat is you can't go too heavy-handed because it is a very rich, dark pigment that can look cartoony if you're not careful...BUT it's much more waxy than creamy so it's hard to mess up. Plus, it really stays put! I always need makeup remover to get it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love NARS for its quality. Now usually I just use powder on my brows, no pencils because my brows never really needed anything else plus, I thought brow pencils would make the brows to "drawn-on" or intense. Then, I got my brows threaded (or thrashed, take your pick) and I had no amount of powder to get it fixed. My arches were out of proportion, it was just all wrong. I figured that the only way to fix this was with a pencil. I thought about getting the Shiseido pencil, I thought about getting Laura Mercier's and even Shu Uemura BUT... I was browsing my local Sephora and while looking at the NARS blushes, I look down and I see the brow pencils. I thought I might as well check this one out. I saw that the pencil wax was strong so it wasn't going to apply easy so it meant it would last a while on me. and the color was close enough since my hair is between dark brown and black. So now I use both powder and this pencil and the effect is great. I do recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great color and applies at a nice rate so you dont end up with SUPER pigmented and drawn-on looking brows.
No red tint at all btw.
kinda pricey...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great eyebrow pencil. This stuff does not come off until you take it off! I knew it was long lasting when I drew a line on my hand to test the color, and then couldn't wipe it off. It just wouldn't budge! The color is perfect because it has no red in it. Unless you are a redhead, you should NEVER use an eyebrow pencil with red in it. This is a gray brown which gives the most natural eyebrows. The pencil can be applied lighter or darker, depending on how much pressure you apply. The pencil is long and will last forever.

EDIT This pencil is so great! I don't know what I would do without it! I added another lippie on the price, just because it has lasted me one year now with everyday use, and it's still not even halfway gone. And one application is all that's needed because it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 4:53:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great color for darker brown or black brows. The nars brow pencils are very dry so they last forever, but application isn't easy. They drag and sometimes its hard to get color. But because of this, it usually ends up looking very natural. I hate how the caps always fall off the NARS pencils though!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by delicateview

I love this eyebrow pencil! Its the perfect shade and it doesn't make your eybrows appear harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 2:45:00 AM More reviews by malachite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pencil is a great match for my eye brows, and gives a completely natural look. My only gripe is the price - $44 in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 3:38:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a pretty good eyebrow pencil,it's not the cheapest but it matches my eyebrows perfectly.A definate rave from me!