November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Skincare - Body - Korres - Lemon Basil Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Heromountain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely smell- reviving after workout or in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have to agree with others here - my first thought on smelling this was how much it smelt like dish soap (if you're in the UK, think Lemon Fairy). There's no denying it's moisturising - in the same way all the other Korres shower gels I've tried have been - but I thought the smell of this was just too pungent. I was hoping to use this in the mornings to help wake me up but after the first few uses this was relegated to those times I knew I wouldn't have to smell it all day (basically in the shower at night before going to bed). Disappointed really as one of my all time favourite Korres shower gels is their Mint Tea one which smells amazing. And that's what I was expecting from this...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this online because I thought I would like the scent. I don't. It smells soapy and weird. I suggest you don't order this if you're not familiar with the scent, because it's not what you'd expect!! Otherwise this is great stuff, it's just the scent I don't like. I like the package and I like the way it foams.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite scent of all the Korres shower gels. It's a must-have in the heat of summer. When you go to take a shower after being outside in the sticky heat, it is so unbelievably refreshing. The basil cuts into the lemon scent and gives it dimension; I definitely do not agree with the comparison to dish soap (unless people are using a really nice dish soap!). Like all the Korres shower gels (I've tried half a dozen or so) this has a lovely feel and leaves skin clean without drying. Unfortunately, it's a bit expensive for what basically amounts to soap.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Elegant product, quality, natural ingredients. However, I don't care too much for the smell. The "dish soap" description is dead on. (Even though I've gotten tired of the smell, I much prefer my B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom.) Will not repurchase Lemon Basil, but I will try the other scents. Korres' products are much more natural than other products on the market, which makes it worth spending more $.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I love this shower gel for many reasons. 1) it doesn't make my skin dry like others do, it actually makes my skin feel moisturized! 2) the heavenly smell - makes me feel all fresh and invigorated 3) price/value - 400 mL for $22 so worth it

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

This is the worst shower gel I have ever experienced . The smell brought back memories of a cheap smelling dish soap , I couldnt getover the smell no matter how much I wanted to like it ,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by chloe321

This is a really nice product. The scent is refreshing and doesn't have the fake perfume smell other commercial body washes have.

It lathers up nicely and a little goes a long way if you use a body wash sponge. However, the product's pretty pricey here in Australia and hard to find. More of an impulsive and indulgent purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from Sephora. It was whatevers, it smelled lemony and light but disappeared right after my shower. Nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really into the light, fresh, airy SCENT of this! It's a crisp lemony squeeky-clean feeling I get after I use it. Unfortunately, the fragrance does not last! And it's a shame, because Korres shower gels always get the best ratings and are super-good for your skin, but I found as soon as I got out of the shower, I couldn't smell any of the lemon anymore. This won't stop me from trying other Korres shower gels, but I won't expect the fragrance to last.