Korres Lemon Basil Shower Gel

(Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum (Fragrance), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Castoryl Maleate, Coco-Glucoside, Geraniol, Glyceryl Oleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-7, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Gluconate, Tocopherol.

on 7/27/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The scent is actually called "Basil Lemon," and it's not just lemon. I've bought this three times and would buy again. I am surprised by some of the reviews disregarding it as a dish soap smell. I think this is quite different. To me it is herbal as well as citrus. It doesn't smell synthetic to me and dish soap does. I think the insult is undeserved.

The basil leaf keeps it from being a plain lemon scent. I have looked for a dupe and have been unable to find this exact scent in any other brand. I've asked numerous house guests to use or at least smell this gel and no one has ever complained of it. In fact, I think it's a perfect unisex, unobjectionable scented shower gel for a guest bathroom. Men in particular seem to really like it.

I am normally a vanilla fiend but sometimes for variety I go for something herbal instead. The four fragrance families are Floral, Oriental, Woody, and Fresh. Vanillas are classified as Oriental. This scent, green and citrus, is classified as Fresh. A fresh, somewhat sharp tangy scent.

On the downside it's $20 for 13.5 ounces, and knowing that I can find cheaper shower gels, I have sometimes gone a few months without this in my rotation of bath products, but then I miss it, and inevitably buy again.

I particularly love it in summer when I want to wash off sweat and heat. I like the herbal, green, lemon gel much more than the ones that smell "powder fresh" or "aquatic." Those fragrances remind me of factories. This reminds me of an herb garden beside a lemon tree. This has a zing or zest to it that is energetic and very pleasant.

The gel itself is not overly drying but does not leave a slippery residue on the skin either. I love it in hot weather because it gets you clean, yet it does seem to moisturize just enough to keep the skin from feeling dry. I usually use lotion anyway, but your skin type may be different from mine.

I have tried some of the other Korres scents and I didn't like them enough to purchase. The "Vanilla Guava" one offended my nose, and did not smell like vanilla or guava.

Basil Lemon is definitely my favorite shower gel from Korres. Have bought several times. Will continue to buy again.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Castoryl Maleate, Coco Glucoside, Geraniol, Glyceryl Oleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-7, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Gluconate, Tocopherol.

Lovely smell- reviving after workout or in the morning.

on 7/15/2014 2:00:00 PM

I have to agree with others here - my first thought on smelling this was how much it smelt like dish soap (if you're in the UK, think Lemon Fairy). There's no denying it's moisturising - in the same way all the other Korres shower gels I've tried have been - but I thought the smell of this was just too pungent. I was hoping to use this in the mornings to help wake me up but after the first few uses this was relegated to those times I knew I wouldn't have to smell it all day (basically in the shower at night before going to bed). Disappointed really as one of my all time favourite Korres shower gels is their Mint Tea one which smells amazing. And that's what I was expecting from this...

on 2/22/2014 11:07:00 AM

I ordered this online because I thought I would like the scent. I don't. It smells soapy and weird. I suggest you don't order this if you're not familiar with the scent, because it's not what you'd expect!! Otherwise this is great stuff, it's just the scent I don't like. I like the package and I like the way it foams.

on 6/19/2013 4:08:00 PM

This is my favorite scent of all the Korres shower gels. It's a must-have in the heat of summer. When you go to take a shower after being outside in the sticky heat, it is so unbelievably refreshing. The basil cuts into the lemon scent and gives it dimension; I definitely do not agree with the comparison to dish soap (unless people are using a really nice dish soap!). Like all the Korres shower gels (I've tried half a dozen or so) this has a lovely feel and leaves skin clean without drying. Unfortunately, it's a bit expensive for what basically amounts to soap.

Elegant product, quality, natural ingredients. However, I don't care too much for the smell. The "dish soap" description is dead on. (Even though I've gotten tired of the smell, I much prefer my B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom.) Will not repurchase Lemon Basil, but I will try the other scents. Korres' products are much more natural than other products on the market, which makes it worth spending more $.

on 9/27/2011 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this shower gel for many reasons. 1) it doesn't make my skin dry like others do, it actually makes my skin feel moisturized! 2) the heavenly smell - makes me feel all fresh and invigorated 3) price/value - 400 mL for $22 so worth it

on 10/7/2010 12:30:00 AM

This is the worst shower gel I have ever experienced . The smell brought back memories of a cheap smelling dish soap , I couldnt getover the smell no matter how much I wanted to like it ,

on 3/2/2010 2:55:00 AM

This is a really nice product. The scent is refreshing and doesn't have the fake perfume smell other commercial body washes have.

It lathers up nicely and a little goes a long way if you use a body wash sponge. However, the product's pretty pricey here in Australia and hard to find. More of an impulsive and indulgent purchase.

on 11/18/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a sample from Sephora. It was whatevers, it smelled lemony and light but disappeared right after my shower. Nothing special.

Popular Body Skincare Products