Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion

3.2

on 9/14/2014 5:04:00 PM

I LOVE PTR products...but this one was a bust for me. It left my skin so shiny looking, and I even have dry skin that sucks everything up. Even after 30 mins I was still left with a shiny sunscreen look/feel. Also, by my 4th day using it I had 3 major pimples show up (I never break out). Other than that it did moisturize well...didn't leave my skin dry or tight.

Pros, this doesn't break me out. Which is a miracle in itself. However, I feel that my skin gets dry and flakey during the day when using this. I have combination skin, and the areas where I'm flaking aren't in my usual dry zones. So I'm a bit confused. I think this lotion needs more moisturizing properties. I'm using a travel size I swapped for, I'm not sure if I will buy.

on 1/7/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This sunscreen is my daily sunscreen for the following reasons: little to no fragrance, excellent packaging and pump that dispenses as much as needed, spf30 is about what I need, and lightly moisturizing enough that my combination skin can wear this in the summer.

I will say that since my combination skin trends towards dryness in winter, this alone is not enough, an additional moisturizer is sometimes necessary. Still, for me this product absorbs pretty nicely, and what bit of chemical smell there is disperses pleasingly quickly. So this is a product that people looking for something as unscented as possible might want to grab a sample of to try.

In the US, this product is $42 for 1.7 oz of product, meaning it is ~$24/oz of product. Yes, this is expensive. However, the packaging and the very precise pump means that I hardly ever waste any product.

on 9/2/2013 1:52:00 PM

This sunscreen was okay, but I am really not into chemical sunscreens and the price is a bit absurd for only SPF 30 coverage. The packaging is very hygienic and the .5 oz one is portable (great for the beach), but nothing to talk about. It is one of the less greasy sunscreen options out there, but I still prefer L'Occitane's Brightening Shield (albeit the price is steep).

on 7/9/2013 5:34:00 PM

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Meradimate 5.0%, Oxybenzone 3.5%, Avobenzone 1.0%
Rating: PA++; PPD 4.4
Consistency: thickish lotion
Fragrance: light sunscreen smell
Finish: Looked nice on my face - not too shiny, not too matte, but my hands left greasy marks on everything I touched
Wear: A little shiny after a 9-hour day, but not more so than usual for me.
Gym: Did sting eyes
Notes: Bonus points for this dispensing in pump form. However, this sunscreen may not be photostable. It contains avobenzone and octinoxate without any ingredients that could help stabilize avobenzone. More info here: http://www.skinacea.com/faq/sunscreen/s03-sunscreen-stability-avobenzone.html#.VMpcY2P3WkY

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a favorite of mine at all. Very greasy feeling versus a moisturizing effect. I happen to like a number of PTR's products, but it seems they are either a hit or miss, and never in-between.
I bought this in a package of PTR's products, the others a good sampling of products I did enjoy. If you can find his products in boxed sets, they're usually good deals and excellent ways to test his products. The sizes are also very fair.
What I did not like about the All Day Moisture Defense Lotion was its general greasiness and heaviness. A product like this type of sunscreen for my face should not be this thick and gooey. I would much prefer a matte finish and a slicker lotion. This is not. I felt I had to powder my face afterwards to tone down the shine.
As far as its sunblocking properties, it worked well enough for my pale skin. I won't be using the rest on my face, though. I'll just use what's left on my body instead.

on 4/23/2013 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think none of PTR products work for me :( I wanna like this moisturizer but it CLOG my pores. Everytime I use this, after I took off my make up, I always find bumps on my face. Good thing they didn't turn into acne/pimples, but the next morning my face always feels gritty, not smooth at all. At first I thought it was my foundation. So I stop using it for a week, my face become smooth again, then I tried this product again because I feel I really need good SS since the weather is getting really hot. And there they are, after I took off my make up that night, I found bumps all over my face again. So I have to say good bye to this. I tried Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch. It really makes my skin smooth and soft by the end of the day.

on 9/11/2012 8:18:00 AM

I use this as a sunscreen and I think the product is great, probably among the better sunscreen products I have tried for the face.
It is light, but moisturizing. No scent - which is good because scented products in the face can be overwhelming. It is easy to apply and I never got sunburned when applying the product. Will buy again!

on 7/24/2012 5:47:00 PM

product is greasy after application. Used the whole bottle, product did not really improve.

on 4/25/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price, this is a very mediocre product. I currently live in the arctic circle and needed a moisturizing sunscreen. Maybe this works as a sunscreen, but it's way too light as a moisturizer, even if I were to live in a warmer place. What I really needed is a nice, thick moisturizer that I could wear under my Dr. Jart's BB. I've found PTR products to be either very good or very mediocre. The only thing good about it is that it's very lightly scented.