September 30, 2014 | 1138 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

This is my second loose powder product that I've ever used so i don't have much to compare with. My first from the supermarket and of the wrong shade!

The packaging is cheap for the money I spent on this product (around AUS$50). But i figured i wouldn't end up using much and it was in such a large container it would be worth it. Unfortunately the holes are humongous! If you tip it upside down for too long, you would a mountain of loose powder which you will then have to painstakingly shift back into the holes.

I'm not too sure why, but a lot of the powder goes onto the powder puff that I use and thus a lot of product is wasted when i tap the puff. However, I found this product did what it was supposed to and does prolong the life of my make-up. I have oily T-Zone and after half the day i find all my make-up melted off. But with this product, i find that i still have quite a bit of make-up left on my face when i wash it at night. It also does an excellent job at touching up oily areas during the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really dont like this stuff honestly...i wanted to, i really did, but none of the shades matched me. I felt like i looked orange. Also, it tended to just sink right into my pores and was really feathery. Overall i really didnt like it and i dont think ill be coming back to it :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by MsCadle

Powder itself is great. Beautiful, natural finish, with a wide range of color options. With that said, the packaging (the container) has way too many holes. The powder flies everywhere and too much comes out. It wastes so easily. I'm finding that I have to buy powder once every month or so. They need to put a twist top like LancĂ´me so it only comes out when you want it to. I'm switching to another MAC powder. I started searching for one yesterday. I just wish they would change the container :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by BellaVespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the powder and it works well with my YSL foundation. The only thing i really have to say about this, is the messiness! I kept the tape on it because i didn't want the powder all over the place, but soon enough the tape wasn't staying down and the powder was all over the top and when i unscrew the lid it turns into a powder fest in my room. It's so hard to just tap my brush in without having so much on it..
I would buy it again only because it works well for me and i guess ill just have to put up with mess =(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the finish of this - light, very sheer and natural and makes your skin feel really smooth. I think I may be sensitive to talc (first ingredient) or something else in it because after using this for a day my forehead came out with a very unusual breakout (lots of flesh-coloured bumps under the skin, while I normally only get open-type acne and very rarely on my forehead).
Colour match was great (i'm a very pale redhead with yellow undertones and NC5 was a closer match than anything I have yet tried). But I will not be repurchasing, nor using this everyday as I had hoped I would be able to. Don't purchase if you have sensitivity issues with talc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by florenceinitaly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great powder to set your foundation with. I use MUF matte velvet+ as my foundation and put the MAC powder on top, looks great!

Not bad for price when you compare it to other brands found in sephora...good quality and a box will last you forever

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Mekahre

I've got this powder in the colour NC15 and it's a perfect match! It's a satin finish, so it gives you a nice natural glow. For those who like super matte finishes, this may not be the best option. It's a good powder if you're not looking for extra coverage and be aware that its staying power/oil control is not that good (I normally have to blot after 2 hours or so). Still, I really like this powder since it's veeery sheer and looks quite natural, but I would dare saying that it's not so special. There are cheaper options out there that may work as good as this one (maybe even better).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of those products that I take for granted. I use it all the time and think it is just mediocre until I try to use another brand and I realise just how good it is and of course I go running back to rebuy! The reason I love this so much is that it 'sets' my makeup without being too glittery or matte. It is the perfect setting powder as it helps soak up any excess shinyness without looking chalky. I love that my skin has a natural satin matte look after I use it and whilst I dont think it's quite my HG its still a makeup staple for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's just an okay powder and doesn't really help my oiliness at T-zone at all and it doesn't set with my mufe hd foundation. I have to apply it alone, not over my mufe foundation because that's gonna make me look cakey. It's oxidises throughout the day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I don't like loose powders in general, and this is one of the products that taught me that. It's a pain in the butt to use - the powder flies everywhere, and it's hard to apply evenly. There are way too many holes, and powder gets sifted out even if you try your best to not turn it upside down. And if you do turn it upside down, then all hell breaks loose. It's just not worth the bother.