August 29, 2014 | 997 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sgreene52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love how it blends well and always shows without primer. I use the moon eyeshadows from Sephora the most but all are great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought mine in N40 ( Red Carpet ) as I needed a very vibrant shade of red for a costume. My skin doesn't work well with shadows and usually the shadow is almost invisible even after layers of layering. This is especially so for shadows that belong to the brown/red/pink family. However, this shadow is extremely pigmented and a single test swatch at the store won me over immediately. I went on to purchase it, and I never regretted.

The red is very obvious and very pigmented (though it might be due to the fact that I used a primer before applying). It does not flake when applied, but the only down side is that it doesn't stay on that long on my oily lids. My friends even asked me how I managed to get such a vibrant shade of red.

I personally find it pretty pricey as I usually just buy drugstore brands, but I absolutely love how good the colour is on my skin. I might not buy it in the same shade again, but it makes me feel like trying other shades!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Amberlee0211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought two colors, N64 & N65, for costuming makeup for DragonCon. The colors are a white, and a white beige as bought to make china doll type eyes.

The packaging is acceptable. It says closed, the hinges are working, you can clearly see the color when you're picking what you want to wear that day.

When I put the brush to powder, most of the eyeshadow just fell off into the floor/on my clothing. Very little got on any brush that I used, and patting on with my fingers didn't help much, either. It took way too much product to get color on my eyes. For $13 matte, I want to see quick build up

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Terbear16862

Sadly this was one of the worst products I've ever purchased from Sephora. I purchased a single eye shadow in a navy blue shade to use as a liner. The color payoff was terrible. It showed up on my skin as a pale blue and took a lot of product just to get it to show up at all. I had much better luck with my super cheap Wet and Wild eye shadows. I will not be repurchasing the product in the future. Sorry Sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by alinalxndon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As long as you pick the right color and shine you cant go wrong. Their shadow has great pigments and last all day. The only downside is that they change which colors they offer over seasons so you may lose a color you like, but there are so many to try you will never run out of something that works for you. I love Sephora because you can try it in store and see if it lasts all day before returning to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a palette for my birthday and have thrown it out after years of being unused in my drawers. It is very pigmented, even more so than urban decay or LancĂ´me, but it flakes so excessively. The lighter colors are less noticeable, but the darks give me panda eyes within seconds of putting it on.

It probably works better with a primer, but I would not recommend it as a substitute for better sephora brands. Giving mid ratings because the color payoff was lovely, even if the flaking was a nightmare.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Very disappointed. I have a extremely cheap eyeshadow palette bought in a drugstore around Christmas and have almost gone through the three colors that work best for me. In trying to replace those colors, I found Sephora's single pan shadows in the same intense colors, or close enough to work the same. Unfortunately, they are just not there for quality. The cheap multi palette shadows wear almost better than the Sephora ones I paid $13 each for. Understand that this palette cost me $4. I'm sure I could get more wear out of the shadows if I used a primer but frankly I'm not willing to spend more money to make what for me is an expensive shadow (yes, I'm cheap as far as makeup: All my money goes to perfume) last longer than a truly inexpensive drugstore brand. It's ridiculous. These shades can be layered a little bit, but they are powdery and dry, as others have reviewed here, and the color just doesn't last. In an hour, the color is completely gone, just a hint in my lash line where the eyeliner has trapped it. These shadows cost way too much to not last longer. Extremely disappointed as I'd finally convinced myself to just cough up the money for these colors I love.
Waste of time, effort and cash.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mother bought me a sephora pallet for my birthday.
This is an okay product, it certainly isn't the best though. It's very pricey because its name brand...but I feel like drug store brand eyeshadow is WAY better, for WAY cheaper. This product isn't exactly bad....it's just not worth the amount it is sold for. I'd suggest saving your money up for Lorac, or MAC if you want to invest in expensive makeup.
If you want a drug store brand eyeshadow, I would suggest wet n wild, I'm not really a fan of maybelline eyeshadow.
Sephora is an okay brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Alosha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received ~50 eyeshadows from Sephora as part of a gift set about two years ago. My main issue with them is that they are VERY powdery; if you put too much on the brush it will just fall off onto your cheeks and make a mess. This gets slightly better with primer and a good brush, but it's still not fabulous. They are also extremely pigmented, which is great but makes the whole falling-off-the-brush thing even harder to clean up. Aside from that issue, they are easy to apply and I haven't noticed any patchiness or difficulty with blending them. I'm not so sure about the price (as I said, they were a gift) so I can't say if they are worth it, but to be honest I have seen plenty of drugstore eyeshadow that works just as well as these. I mostly use their black shadow, which generally fades to a dark gray and can migrate to my crease if I forget primer, so frankly a drugstore brand would probably work better for me. However, if you are looking for an unusual or very specific shade I would definitely check Sephora out because their color range is pretty large.
******EDIT******** I tried this with E.L.F. Eyelid Primer and it stayed on much better. Also, a smaller brush is less likely to scatter the powder everywhere when you try to apply it. It's still not my favorite but hopefully that helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by chocolatepain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried different Sephora eyeshadow palettes and now have come up with one response: they are very pigmented but extremely flaky. Even with using a primer or concealer on my eyes first, I find that Sephora eyeshadow tends to flake onto my cheeks. This leaves hard-to-remove streaks before I put my foundation on. Probably won't be buying the darker colors again...