November 29, 2014 | 1527 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Couleur - Rose Gipsy 840

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Supervixen79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the texture and finish of this eyeshadow. The colors are silky with very sheer shimmer that is suitable for more mature skin. I definitely prefer the finish of the older Dior eyeshadows to the new ones that tend to be grainy. The problem with Rose Gipsy is that I can't seem to find a way to combine all the five colors, they don't seem to go together. :/ The color that least fits in is the beautiful soft peach in the middle, that is warm, while the rest of the colors (bright fuchsia, baby pink, very light purple and a greyish mauve) are cool. The most flattering combination for me is a wash of the peachy color with fuchsia in the outer v, blended with baby pink. That topped with black eyeliner and black mascara is a hit!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 3:28:00 AM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awful red colours made me look like i had been crying for months.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2006 6:25:00 AM More reviews by happybunny888

This eyeshadow qaud did not do any justice for me, for a start, I am a light to medium asian skin-tone and the rather bright colours looked a tad brighter than to compliment my eyes.The lightest shades i used are fine, the brightest shade there is a fushcia coloured pink, it comes out the same colour as in the pan no matter how light handed you are, so I find it quite harsh looking on my skintone, however,it may suit other people depending on what colour they would like. The colours come out shimmery, not too glittery and they blend very nice together. The durability is quite long, around 8 hours or so, and they come with two double sided apllicaters, two to blend and the other two to define.colours are a

light cool pink,
Light peach,
pale taupy lilac,
medium mauvy taupe,
jewel-fushia.

The price is not cheap, here in the uk cost 32, comes beautifully boxed in a blue chic looking box, I may consider a lighter coloured compact if the colour attracts me, but I think I might give it a miss for a period of time due to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LadyBug_here

Love Love Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Add my rave to the pile! Love that it's different than those everyday colors, and like it for my light skin, dark brown hair(plus AHEM...grey strands), and green eyes. Nice...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2005 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Annique

Product:

Dior 5 Couleurs in Rose Gypsy

Packaging: A chic darkblue compact like we know from Dior. Very smart and pretty

Product: Very long lasting (at least 8 hours on my oily skin!), pretty colour, very soft and creamy to apply.

Colours: Bright light pink, pinky fuschia, cool light pink, cool mauve, light peach.

Combinations: Horizontal Fuschia (colour effect,) peach (light effect,) mauve (shadow effect), and vertical (bright light pink for colour effect,) peach (shadow effect,) cool pink (light effect.) Wear the colours alone, use fuschia and bright light pink, or cool light pink and cool mauve for shadow/light effect. Combine with other Dior shadows (DiorArt Duo perhaps?) wear all of them, use the fuschia for a vibrant eyeliner colour, or find out your own awesome combination. And of course you can always wear just one colour, on the lower lid or over entire eye

Rating: A big 5!

UPDATE: I wish there was such thing as 15 stars, cause I'd give that to this eyeshadow! I found out when I use the light and vibrant pink, my brown eyes stand out a lot. continued >>

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by simpleallure

I LOVE THIS Quint! It's one of my favorite e/s' to use. Every color is great.. I have med-dark brown eyes & the colors go very well with it. Dior makes great e/s-- awesome quality, great pigmentation, very smoothe & silky.. glides on like butter! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 7:19:00 AM More reviews by golden_butterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cosmetic product I've ever bought. The pink shades
suits me perfect against my oliveskin. I normally don't like ' glittery '
eyeshadows, I prefer shimmery. It gives a more elegant look which I get
with this palette.

Love it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This quint consists of the following colors, all with a satin texture (barely there shimmer, but not matte either):

~light cool pink

~pale peach

~pale taupy lilac

~medium mauvy taupe

~jewel-toned raspberry

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to wear these colors together; I have to mix them with other shades in my collection. However, I do love them all individually. The e/s are silky and highly pigmented as with most of Dior's shadows. A must buy if you love pinks and mauves (like me)!
Retails for $50 CDN continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 3:05:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I had to think or a while whether I'd give this quint 4 or five lippies. On the other hand I find the two light purpleish colors a bit boring. Other one of them could be a bit brighter...
But then again all the colors work marvellously together and the quality of these shadows is just out of this world. My warm PPP skin and green eyes just glow with the help of this quint.