April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Polishes - OPI - Rosy Future

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by jmcmill475

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know it is supposed to be sheer...but I really struggled with this color. After three coats it looked like I wasn't wearing anything. If you're looking for a glossy, invisible look to your nails, this could work but it wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful whimsical-like nail lacquer that reminds me of springtime and lilac flowers. :)
It is very sheer on the first and second coat, and pink based with blue shimmer. Those colours work so well together to have this barely there violet effect depending on the lighting.
The product is easy to apply, not too thick, runny, gooey, and it dries considerably quickly, just perfect.
I recommend this to people with great nails that just want an subtle feminine "oomph"! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love with this! I happened to stumble across it in a clearance bin at Target, and almost passed right over it because I thought it might be a little cool for my warm skintone. To my surprise, it is basically a tinted clear polish - not opaque at all. It's slightly pinkish with a beautiful blue shimmer and it looks awesome! Goes on smoothly, too. What a fun and easy alternative to a clear coat for some shine. I would recommend this to anyone and would definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeMag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favourite nail colour of all times. Too many descriptive reviews already, so I will not repeat what's already been said. But my only though massive complain is, that this nail polish dries really quickly in the bottle. I only manage to use about half of it and I have to purchase another one beacuse it gets so thick it's impossible to transfer it smoothly onto the nails. That is a massive disapointment, as you pay a lot for OPI, but then u think about this large bottle, great quality and amazing colour and that you get what u pay for and even more, but in fact you only get a half of it...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by meanjia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a very sheer, pink-based iridescent polish. I'm not sure how suitable it would be for work given that the iridescence is rather eye-catching, but it's a nice way to spice up an otherwise boring manicure. The formula is easy to manipulate and you can do as many coats as you want but this thing is never going to be opaque. It lasts about three days on me before chipping and dries fairly fast. Nevertheless, I probably wouldn't buy this again - it's just not right up my alley.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by anashaen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've picked rosy future repeatedly as my pedicure (& manicure when I do one) color. It's a very good all-around, not over the top pink that is neither too flat, or too frosty. Also, b/c of the lighter color, the chips in the polish go longer without being noticed by the eye of others. So, you're pedicure/manicure keeps a polished (couldn't resist pun) look longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Salari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very sheer - good for an unobtrusive mani. It dries quickly, and to coats still leaves your own nail tips showing. A bi of a "work meeting" colour. The brush is broad, which does leave me with paint on the skin round my little fingers where my nail is thinner than the brush. A great, unobtrusive mani, but I wish it wasn't quite so sheer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Agree with the reviewer below that it is a very, very sheer color (yes, it doesn't matter if you have 3 or 10 coats, it won't cover anything!). BUT it gives this really beautiful, sea-shell like blue iridescent glow on my nails. Sometimes my nails get a bit yellow due to too much nail polish =( and this color makes my nail tips look white! I'm a pink nail polish fanatic (10 OPI bottles n counting) n this is my fav pink. Love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Rosy Future is a very sheer, mostly clear, super high gloss polish with purplish mostly blue iridescence. The picture of the model is very misleading, this color is not a frosty sheer pink, it's very little more than a clear polish, and I don't care how many coats of this stuff you put on your nails, you're not going to get any color out of it, you'll build up the iridescence maybe, but you wont get pink, let alone a frosted (what??!) pink. This nailpolish is simply a pretty glossy iridescent cool **tone**, there is no color whatsoever, heck, the "pink" of the polish in the bottle is see-through itself makes me wonder if the little pink in there functions just to trick the eye of consumers.

The iridescence is the kind where you must apply the polish in perfectly straight strokes, because if you don't it'll annoy you. (maybe it won't annoy you, I don't know, it annoys me though)

I don't wear this polish, not even for french manicures or top coats, because it's only interesting observing it in the light, and it looks way too crazy shiny as a top coat.

That all said, I love this polish for one thing, and that's for adding 5-10 or so drops to nailpolishes I regretted buying. The tone is gorgeous, so I use more as a color corrector to nailpolishes that had too orangy or rusty or hot tones and/or low shine. And adding just a few drops also makes the iridescence dilute enough that I don't have to worry about applying perfectly straight strokes either, and adds some subtle interest to what would otherwise be scary/unflattering nailpolish colors.

I would buy it again, simply because it's the best tone and high gloss for color-correcting ugly and/or dull nailpolishes. So for that purpose, it's worth the purchase, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Leslieno1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you like this sort of thing, you're going to love this. It's a very sheer irridescent pink. I love it!