April 16, 2014 | 1803 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Wet Shine Diamonds in Plum Solitaire

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Misleading name but pretty color. It's a pink, not a plum.

THE COLOR is a warm pink, and for me it went on warmer than the neutral appearance in the bottle. It is a rose midtone, not dark and not light. It is rosier and lighter than OPI Senorita Rosalita, but in the same vein. It has a very femme sparkle, in gold. These are fairly large microglitter bits, very heavily added but not chunky. OPI SR has more of a golden shimmer (not microglitter). As mentioned before, it goes on a bit more warm (skintone perhaps?). There is a bit more magenta in the bottle than on nail. As I look now, my nails are gorgeous, with lots of sparkling bits of microglitter; however, the color of the microglitter is a warmer, monochromatic version of the base color because the formula is a little gelly-like. So you don't get a lot of gold sparkle, just warmth.

THE APPLICATION/TEXTURE is good for drugstore. Not completely smooth around the edges, I didn't get a defined color field with crisp edges, instead I have more of a chunky edge. The product was not runny or gloopy though and the brush, as stated below in earlier reviews, is long and widens. So you will have to be careful about it being overly laden with product--and I was. I did a third coat to cover up touchdown marks (bald spots) where my brush hit. I held my hand upward and the uneven edge evened out a great deal.

Just put on so I cannot review wear, I would rebuy if I lost, as this is a real pretty color. If you like the China Glaze Martini Pedicure line, or if you like the prettier girly Zoya shades like Evangeline, you'll love this. It's not edgy though and if you want a more sophisticated look I suggest you look elsewhere. I should have pics to share by the end of the week if you're interested PM me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by xkayce

This is a bright pink shade with plenty of pink glitter thrown in. It's very feminine, almost Barbie-esque.

I like Maybelline's brush; it's not built to be wide, but is long and not rigid, so with just the smallest bit of pressure, it spreads out and self-widens to reach out to the nail's curves.

I used this in my "Pink Gradation" manicure. I procured a Japanese manicure liquid that creates a gradation effect from one end of the nail to the other. Basically, instead of a sharp, clean edge for french tips, it's a soft, air-brushed look that fades the color slowly from tip to cuticle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love all the Wet Shine polishes and lip sticks and glosses. The last reviewer described this color perfectly. It is not at all really a plum color, but rather a darkish/light reddish pink shimmery shade. The formula wears pretty well, but I notice that the polish tends to be on the thin side, so I may need three coats and not the standard two. This is a pretty color and if they still make it, I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Shrinking_Violet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this color a lot moreso on my tips than on my toes. I first applied it on my toes and it came out looking "okay". It wasn't until I tried in on my nails that the shade started to really appeal to me. For some reason, Plum Solitaire looks a lot better on my nails than it does on my toes. I guess my toenails are just too short lol. However, Glowing Glimmer looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E on my toenails, go figure. For me, Plum Solitaire is not really a plummy shade unless you keep applying more than coat. It's actually a semi-dark shimmery pink with golden glitter. I was contemplating about giving it away but now I know it's def. a keeper. For future manicures, I'm def. gonna take this with me to the nail salon. :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2003 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ZoeMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the Wet Shine nailcolor formula -- they go on smoothly, dry fairly quickly and have good staying power, but this COLOR is just "meh." It's kind of purple/plum with an odd orangey undertone that makes it seem "off" -- it doesn't really match well with either warm or cool color groups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2003 9:46:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Though I wouldn't consider this color plum, it is pretty. More a glitter medium pink. Like the lip glosses, these colors go on more sheer than they appear in the bottle. There was some streaking with application, but I was able to fix that. This is a pretty, sparkly nice color for spring and summer.