November 23, 2014 | 1048 users online

Shampoo - ABBA - Molasses Purifier Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by katela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this clarifying shampoo. I've tried many, but have never found one that works as well. My hair tends to be oily and fine. Most products weigh it down and build up quickly. This just works. I'm so glad it continues to be available.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used Pureology, Kenra and Aveda clarifying shampoo. But, my fav one is always Pureology, the green bottle with bamboo smell. I just discovered the ABBA one lately. I think this shampoo is pretty good. Both Pureology and Abba are 4 stars, I would say. I have fine, thin, straight Asian hair. I used to wash my hair everyday and now just every 2 days the longest I can go. Once in a while, when I'm very lazy and tired, I sacrifice for 3 days, but my scalp will get oily and itchy. I can't sleep good at night. I hate how it looks on 2nd day hair, it's just flat. I have naturally black hair, but I like to dye it black as well every few months. Normally, I only use this once a week. Hair looks good on the same day, on 2nd day, it's okay, my scalp will get a bit oily again. My fav shampoo for 2 yrs already is Phytology Frequent Use shampoo (can't spell the French name). ABBA clarifying shampoo is good for swimmers. I think I'm just going to use it every 3 wks, since I just got highlighted ombre hair last week. I'm afraid it's going to strip the color just like any other clarifying shampoo. Even Pureology fades the color, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by test761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this shampoo for years, about three times a week and it has worked well. It does a good job of removing the residue of silicone-based styling prroducts from my hair. If you have chemically treated hair, it may be too drying to use often. I first bought this because it has no comedogenic ingredients so it doesn't make your skin, back, shoulders break out. It gives your hair a very clean feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by IAlone

I found this to be quite stripping and drying. Kenra Clarifying is much better...much, much better...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2006 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Maxa

I haven't tried many purifying shampoos but I definitely like this one.It leaves the hair squeeky clean (which can be too oil stripping for some hair types), but it works for my hair.I usually use it about twice a month.I recently dyed my hair with semipermanent colour and wasn't really happy with the result,so this shampoo was my savior,as it removed some of the pigment and gave me exactly the colour I wanted.Update:turned out to bee too oil and color stripping.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by sugar_plum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A completely excellent clarifying shampoo! I'd have given it 5 lippies but I subtracted 1 for its having SLS. I couldn't find the ingredients listed on any site before I bought it, and I must have looked on 7 or 8. Oh well, I'll only be using it once every 7 or 10 days, so I hope things'll be OK. I avoid sulfates pretty completely, but I'd hate to give this up, b/c it left my hair very soft & shiney, completely clean & with lots of body. I'd just found out about clarifying here, & I was a little hesitant at first. My hair's just starting to get over being badly stripped, & I didn't want to use anything that might make it worse. When I read the almost universally enthusiastic reviews of this shampoo I decided to try it, and I'm so glad I did!

I only use a little styling help a few times a week, and the products aren't very heavy, so I wasn't even sure my very short, somewhat coarse & in-recovery-from-having-it's-oils-stripped hair needed this. It worked out fantastically well though. I can't see ever using another clarifying shampoo unless this one gets *sob* discontinued.

Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but my hair's really short & the product's pretty concentrated so I only needed a small dab. The bottle should last for months & months. The smell was sort of like a combination of herbs & freshly-turned, healthy soil. Not unpleasant at all, in fact since I love gardening I found it a bit comforting .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by bluedressgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo! I use it once a week, and it makes my hair so soft and light! It's the first purifying shampoo that I've tried, but I don't think I'll try anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Greenmaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Abba Molasses Purifier shampoo is an amazing clarifier. Deep cleans all the styling product residue and buildup without any dryness or stripping.
My hair feels amazing and bouncy after use followed by conditioner.
Scent is strong - herbal and molasses - but not overwhelming. This will become a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by producttramp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this!
Have finally found my HG clarifier after all this time.
Smells like gingerbread cookies. Cleans up your scalp and hair without over drying, or giving you the itchies.
Low to medium amount of foaming. The hair feels clean and fresh. Perfect before a deep conditioner!!! I will repurchase and have a backup! I am in L-O-V-E

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 9:47:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG - this stuff rocks! If you can get past the looks (maple syrup) & smell (ick) of it you will have found your HG of clarifiers. My hair feels brand new & maybe it's my imagination but doesn't look as brassy. I left it on a few minues while I shaved, then repeated just my scalp. My hair wasn't left a snarled tangled mess either. Best part is it's 100% cruelty free. Will repurchase.