July 31, 2014 | 1023 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - 1875 Watt Anti-static Ion Hairdryer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't do it!!!!! I bought this one in April and it just quit yesterday (August). This is the 3rd Revlon dryer (all different models BTW) in a year and a half. Each time I go back to my Remington "back up" that I have had for several years.

I will also say that the performance did not live up to the claim. This dryer did not make my hair any less frizzy no matter the settings and my hair did not take any less time to dry. The warm is not quite warm enough and the hot literally burned my hair (I could smell it and freaked out). The button placement is not ideal in that I would inadvertently switch settings while using the dryer. It is loud! The ONLY positive thing I can say about the dryer is that it is lightweight - I will give them that. Overall, I have noticed my hair is on the drier side and that's not good since I am trying to grow it out. I know some will count the affordable price as a "positive." And it would be a positive if you were getting what you thought and lasted at least a few years.

I called the manufacturer and I have to pay to ship it to them and give them $6 to ship back to me. The rep I spoke with could not have cared less. Why would I pay $60 for a POS that is not worth the $40 I spent on it? No, thank you. I could have bought a fancy high end dryer for the money I have spent on these. Buyer beware! Although there have been many products I would not buy again, I don't believe I have ever flat out said "Do not buy!" That should say something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own this dryer. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago and I like it but it does have a slight issue. This dryer comes in three heat settings: Cool, Warm and Hot. DO NOT use this on the hot setting because this thing gets so hot it is like the devil blowing on your head. Balls of fire shooting at you. If you have the hot setting on, you could possibly burn yourself if you don't move the dryer around. We have an industrial automotive hand held blow dryer at work and it gets blazing hot to dry products on vehicles and I can say this Revlon dryer can easily do the same. I use the warm setting and I have no issues. It does dry my hair fast, it shaved 10 minutes off from my previous dryer. I always use the ionic setting and my hair comes out pretty smooth. I'll be honest, I only bought this because I liked the color of it which is plum and silver and of course it was cheap. But, I have no regrets...for now. Dryers don't last forever so I'm just hoping this one makes it at least a year.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by mssMiris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have thick curvy hair, and at the beginning these dryer make the job beautiful, no frizz* shiny and straight but with volume.
The HOT setting really burns my hair, so I always use it on WARM but passing the time, the ceramic inside turns brown and the results was no good for my hair -took about four months of 3 days per week use-.
These thing took almost five years to pass away, and for his last work exploded almost in my face! burn off a little my pregnant belly so i am really upset about it.
Don't buy it, you get a nice work at the beginning but, passing time -short time- , it wont make the job.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Grehjohrt

This is an awful hairdyer
I had to throw it away because it began to get really orange on the inside. One day as I was drying my hair a little spring fell out along with a tiny fireball. I was so worried that my rug, or worse my hair would catch on fire!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by arenee98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do not waste your money! I had this hair dryer for about 4 months before it started smelling like it was on fire every time I used it. I tossed it because I was afraid of starting a fire. Also, the back filter area does not open so you can clean under it so good luck if you get anything caught in there. I ended up getting a Conair Infiniti which was comparable in price and a heck of a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jfong94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH M GEE!! amazing!! after the first time i used it (tonite), my hair felt AMAZINGLY SOFT! and bouncy and not frizzy at all! make sure u have the "ion" setting on

i'm workin on my blow out technique and although my hair is a lil poofy, this dryer is the bomb! i bought it off ebay for 20 bucks :)

the dryer is very lightweight and it is very customizable..it has 3 heat settings, 3 speeds, and a cold button .. it's as loud as any other dryer but weighs very little! COMES WITH A CONCENTRATOR + DIFFUSER TOO!!

5/5 lippies HG!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best hairdryer I've found! It really did cut down on my blow-dry time by 5 mintues or so. And it left my hair bouncy, soft and NO FRIZZ!!! Amazing...i'm sold, espeically for the price of only $18 at Ulta. Not a bad deal...my Conair dryer died and I'm so glad I bought this one instead of another Conair.

I highlight my hair, so I'm very concerned with frizz and heat damage. This one didn't get super hot so I didn't feel it was as damaging as my old one.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Azsharis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Uhh..all I can really say is wow. I've had the same blowdryer for years, and my hair would always come out looking ok, but kinda frizzy and flat. My old one burned out a couple days ago, and I went out and bought this Revlon hairdryer because of the reviews. I was so surprised! My hair looks soooo much better after using this! It's not frizzy at all, it feels soft, and it gave me a lot of volume. Also, it wasn't very hot, so I didn't feel as if it was damaging my hair like my old hairdryer was. Wow..and it dries so fast, too. I have nothing but good things to say about this! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this for almost a year and it hasn't yet done that thing where it starts getting really hot and burns my hair like all my other old dryers did as they wore out. This past week I tested the ionic switch and it really does make a difference. When I put the switch to "on" it makes my hair so much shinier and less frizzy. For like $20, this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this at Target on sale ffor 15 dollars and I really love this hair dryer so far. I've only used it twice, but my hair is easier to manage and really does dry my hair faster then my previous dryer by conair.I also really like the finger diffuser that comes with this product. It makes my hair really full and healthy looking when I wear it curly. I think overall, for the price the quality is decent and my hair looks great when I blowdry it using this dryer. Sure, I would recommend this one.