Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 8/22/2015 8:55:00 PM

I have combination skin, and this cleanser did not work for me. I tried it for a month and not only did I have blemishes but I felt like my face wasn't being cleaned properly. For the amount of money I spent I would have rather purchased a high end cleanser.

on 8/22/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: I had been using it for years without issue until 2015. Kept my skin clear of cystic acne on its own, removed every last stitch of my makeup efficiently & didn't dry me out. Cons: none of the above is true for this product anymore. I never even realized it, but this product doesn't get the makeup off completely!! I am using the same foundation & powder I have been for 2 years. With my most recent purchase of Cetaphil, my face started breaking out rapidly. I attributed this to my stress level, hormones changing, etc. but one thing was undeniably true: every time I removed my eye makeup, a little foundation from my cheeks ended up on the tissue. Curious, I tried my makeup remover on my face and sure enough, my face wasn't clean. Since I have started this routine of following up my first face wash with the makeup remover? No more acne. No other changes in stress level or diet either that I can attribute to this change so quickly. Word of caution to the wise: this 10-year user of Cetaphil will sadly be moving on! :(

on 8/20/2015 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchase this while in the states as it was $10 at the time and when i eventually found it back home it was 25 euro. I found this product to be an essential in my mission to clear up my acne as i'm still a teenager i can't afford big expensive branded facial cleansers i can mainly only purchase some drugstore brands or having to borrow money or dig into savings to purchase more expensive brands. I have very oily skin acne prone skin and this product dryed my skin and removed excess oils it also dried out my spots but it did leave lumpy red marks in there place. I eventually decided to up my game so i began usuing this product with my la roche posay sensitive acne cleanser and i can honestly say my skins never looked better my ance is clearing and to give my skin an extra boost i do use the cetaphil moisturising lotion and acnecide (benzac) and a ton of sudocrem on my problem areas and once to twice a week i use a deep exfoiliating mask and a facial scrub. This product is a must have as it can be the base to every skincare routine.

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am taking Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I was able to wash and rinse without needing to use a washcloth or puff of any kind. It also left my skin feeling clean but not dry.
I'm on Retin-A, so I'm not blaming this particular product, but it stung my face. You know what doesn't sting my face? Coconut oil. Neutrogena gentle daily foaming cleanser does not sting. I also recommend trying out Basis facial cleansers if you can find them, they're very cheap and very good.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.

on 7/16/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, I'm trying this out. "Dating" the cleanser if you like.
This is a clear viscous gel with a stock masking fragrance (proactiv used to use the same asking fragrance) and IMO it doesn't need to be there. Con. It sorta of lathers which is good, because less lather means friendlier to skin. Pro. Contains SLS. Big Con.
I have been using this facial wash 2x a day and at first I used it with the companion lotion.
I began to break out, and get that weird dry but oily skin. (dry on top, clogged proes underneath) I wasnt cool happy about that and stopped using both the lotion and the wash for about a week.
Using my old standby for a while, I went back to Cetaphil to give it another try, but with a different moisturizer. So far, so good, but I am not counting on this to be the end all, be all.
The price was $20 CAD. A little spendy for a drugstore product, that's another strike against. The pH is 6.8, the same as Dove soap. I would prefer a product with a pH of 5.5 (as I am sure most are aware) but I'll keep going with this...for now.

on 7/10/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have adult hormonal acne. I use retin-a micro at night and clindamycin lotion in the morning. This face wash makes my skin feel tight and dry. Also, the fragrance is strong and perfumey. Cetaphil's gentle cleansing lotion is MUCH better for acne skin than this daily face wash. But I still prefer Neutrogena oil-free face wash with salicylic acid.

I read a lot about how a plain Cetaphil cleanser is great for acne problematic skin because it's gentle... It's a liquid gel type texture, clear, it suds a little if I put a lot in my hand. I don't know if it's helping or making things worse. The fragrance bothers me...I get nervous about putting cleansers on my face that have fragrance. I have had nodular acne, it struggles healing and each pimple leaves behind a flat, red mark. Apparently I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have very oily skin, mostly around my t-zone. I can be a total oil slick... I'm extremely fair skinned and my skin is SO fussy and sensitive. I was trying to get a cheap version of the La Roche Posay Toleriane Gentle Foaming cleanser...it's what my dermatologist told me to buy when my acne was OUT OF CONTROL BAD...it did help calm the flare up down. Meh, this Cetaphil just doesn't stack up to the reviews I've read about it. Would not repurchase...I actually haven't used much of it so I may try to bring it back to Target, since I don't want it to go to waste, or give it to my Mom since her skin is less sensitive than mine and no acne issues. WHY IS IT JUST ME WITH THE ACNE?!?! *cries*

Okay, that's my review/rant. :)

on 6/18/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have repurchase this product soo many times because it has never failed me. But that doesn't mean it's a success.. I have acne and whenever I use this I don't see much difference. But if I use a product that has broken me out I will use this and it will bring it back to normal. It doesn't really help acne but it sorta prevents anything really bad from happening.

on 6/6/2015 9:14:00 AM

Before using this product my aging, acne driven, combination, inflamed skin was terrible. I made some serious changes to diet, and overall health before trying this product. I've paid 5x this for other cleansers, organic cleansers, brushes, masks, facials. This one product cleaned my skin gently enough to eliminate my acne. Previously each product I used was foaming in some way, this is the first lotion cleanser I can recall ever using. In short, I hardly have any breakouts now, cystic acne has all but disappeared and my skin looks better than ever. Not every product is for every person, but in my case, and that of my teenage daughter, this facial cleanser is the best we've ever used.

on 6/1/2015 12:02:00 AM

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.