April 24, 2014 | 1955 users online

Pressed Powders - Jane - Oil Free Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by purrty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been attempting to cut costs on everything recently, including makeup. After reading a positive review by Paula Begoun, I picked this up from Target for a couple bucks. I've been using it almost daily ever since. People with oily skin may find that they get shiny after a while...but for those with normal to dry skin (like me), this is a really great buy. I use it with a big fluffy brush to set my foundation, can't really comment on the sponge it comes with since I never liked sponges. The packaging is a bit cheap looking, but I don't really mind that since it's a no-nonsense kind of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a pressed powder junkie, and Jane's powder is another one of my faves. I have very oily skin and I don't wear foundation or TM's, because I like my skin to look very natural. However, I NEED powder to control the shine, and this powder in Colorless, immediately creates a smooth, matte finish, truly is colorless, lets my skin show through, is totally undetectable on my skin, even up close. I have to reapply any powder I use throughout the day, I'm that oily, and it's really tough to find one that doesn't get cakey with reapplication...this one works fantasticaly! Love the packaging too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Jane Colorless powder is one of the best compact powders available drugstore, high end, or anywhere in between. I use this with a dense sponge over moisturizer for a little coverage on no makeup days or with a puff or brush to touch up during the day. This powder truly does what it says, it "finishes" your makeup by making your complexion look a little more even and perfected. Great product at a steal of a price! Sadly, Jane is getting harder and harder to find since it was pulled from Walgreens.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AliceRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim because I was almost out of my MAC powder, and I was already at Meijer, so it was convenient.The price is unbeatable, but for me, it just doesn't cut it. It looks great at first, smooth and matte, but not dry looking. However, it doesn't take long before I need an oil blotting sheet, and the finish depletes. I'll finish off the compact, but I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have ordered high-end powders, department store/Sephora/etc. and this one does what a powder is supposed to do and gives the slightest coverage without emphasizing pores when pressed lightly into the skin with a clean puff. In addition, it finishes as well when applied with a brush..

If you have super-oily skin, you need blotting papers to remove excess oil before applying a very light coat of powder--so stop complaining about powders not keeping your skin matte. That's ridiculous.Sometimes I simply cannot believe that people are expecting a POWDER to keep their skin matte and natural-looking for hours. Skin is subject to hormones and genetics and no cosmetic powder is going to make it "all better."

However, the Jane is a great deal, does not clog my pores (although I do use an oil cleanser to remove makeup), and does not make the pores look huge as many high-end powders (such as Estee Lauder) do. I am somewhat fair/with some redness around the nose.

I use the 03 Ivory for around my nose and t-zone with a very light touch to tone down redness during the day and with a brush to tone down sunscreen/finish foundation (if I am wearing it). The Ivory does have some color, but it is not yellow-based, which works well for me.

However, I will state this again--if you have an oily skin issue, blot first and then apply a light coat of powder. Otherwise, you're simply looking for the impossible. And don't complain about clogged pores if you don't remove your makeup/use an Rx (Retin-A or similar product) to control acne/clogged pores.

Jane offers a great product at a wonderful price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Colorless" and "Bisque to Creamy", and both work for my very tanned summer skintone. I use it to set my Jane AqueCeuticals TM, and I look flawless, matte, yet totally natural! I have super oily skin, and this works well at keeping me matte, and doesn't get too cakey even with multiple shine touchups throughout the day. I use a fluffy brush though, it's a dense powder and will cake up if u use the sponge, however when applied with a brush, it's just fantastic! Love the compact, I think it's super cute! I have also tried the highly rated NYC powder, and MAC Blot, but prefer Jane's to those. Also, one of the VERY few powders that does not break me out. In fact, after switching to this powder and Jane's AquaCeuticals tinted moisturizer, my breakout prone skin has completely cleared!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is ok at controlling oil and offers a decent finish to my foundation. However, the "colorless" powder is not colorless at all. It's quite yellow and somewhat dark for my complexion. It leaves my skin with a yellowish tint which i do not like. So I wouldn't buy this color if you are looking for a translucent finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

This does make me less greasy and looks good when I first apply it, but that doesn't last. A couple hours later it looks terrible and makes my pores look huge! On the bright side, it has not caused any break-outs, but I've only used it a couple of times. If you don't have large pores and super greasy skin then this is would be a good buy for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by xmusicxbunnyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this gets cakey. I prefer mac blot way more. If you're on a budget, get nyc pressed powder. packaging is pretty though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a very nice powder and I remember using it exclusively all through high school. I don't know if I got lighter but the colorless one is really dark. I know I'm not unusually pale...
Anyway, the poweder itself is very good. Very nice coverage (or maybe it looked like things were covered because it was so dark on me), it didn't smooth out my pores much but it didn't accentuate them at all. My face feels really soft, and no break outs. I use it in the morning over my foundation, and to even it out I put a little white virgin powder over it so I get my color with the great oil control. I'm very oily, and for some reason this works much better than some of the other oil control powders I find.
I'm not sure if I'll purchase again because it's a real pain to mix powders to get my color, but if you are medium colored the colorless will look pretty good.