Ulta All Over Color Lip Crayon (all colors)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

I feel like the Ulta line has high quality cosmetics, at more reasonable prices. I have tried a few lip crayons in the past, and never really liked them, but I do love this one. I have the color "Oh!", which I was worried would be a bright, unwearable orange, but surprised me by applying a soft peachy pink, that is actually very wearable! The formula is not greasy, but not drying, and lasts well. This shade is so pretty, and not overly warm or bright, and is just perfect for summer! Will try other shades soon!

I have this lip crayon in Love Story.
Usually, due to either poor past experience or a simple sense of inflated prudence, I stay away from Ulta products. I think I saw these crayons on sale, and decided to pick a few out; I've never had any chubby lip pencils before. I have to say, this one made a formidable first impression on me.
Love Story is a medium, cool brick- red with a violet tinge. I wasn't expecting it to be the most flattering color, but it actually looked pretty damn good on my lips. The color isn't 100% my style, but it still looks very classy and sophisticated and is very versatile. One swipe of this is enough to get a pretty opaque layer onto my lips. I usually go for multiple, just in case, and it looks pretty even and well-applied. I usually double check, though, because it is possible to get a less than even application.
It's a very lightweight product; I can't feel its wear by its heaviness. However, it is light, and it does leave a relatively dry finish, which has a hint of stickiness. I think that, in order for it to feel the most comfortable, I need to use a gloss over it.
Its staying power is formidable; it's not a longwearing product, but it's one of those pencils that can go for hours at a time without touchups. In that sense, I love it. I do reapply it for the sake of maintaining the highest color intensity possible. This lip pencil is not a high maintenance product at all.
I appreciate the twist-top packaging of this product, and the fact that the tube is the color of the lip product itself. On its own, without sale, this chubby lip pencil actually goes for a pretty penny for a generic brand; it's around $8 at Ulta. However, I got one for $4, and I'm sure that the entire Ulta brand is often put on sale, so you can get it for cheaper. Overall, I like this product a lot. It's not perfect, but it sets a pretty decent standard for chubby lip pencils and crayons.

on 10/20/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love the concept of chubby-type lip pencils where it gives you the coverage of lipstick with more application control. I figured I would try Ulta's brand and in search of a dark red lipstick. Daredevil, a Bordeaux, dark red lipstick caught my eye and I had to have it. The swatch was excellent, however upon application it was uneven on the lips. It was creamy to the touch and glided easily, but I noticed darker, patchy areas, especially towards the center of the lips. I however made it work by applying a similar lipliner prior to using the lip crayon and the color combo looked amazing! It's an absolute beautiful color, yet it I can find it with a better formula it would be even more amazing!

on 7/13/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in Tangelo and I LOVE it. It's a red-orange with shimmery gold highlights. I really, really love this color. It goes on not too thick, but not so sheer that you can't see the color. I don't have to slather it on to get it to show up. It's a bit shimmery on its own so if you're a matte lip person, this may not be for you. If you're more of a super-shiny lip person (I am, admittedly) then you'll probably want some gloss on top.

It stays for a good bit during the day. I only really have to reapply once a day (I use lip primer though so that may have something to do with it). The only thing I didn't care for (but this is a personal thing) is that getting the end cap off is a bit difficult. I like to depot my lip crayons - less wasted product and I prefer to put anything lip related on with a brush if possible - and unlike the NYX lip crayons, which have caps that just pull off most times, this one took some creative thinking.

on 9/5/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have two of these and I absolutely love them! They apply easily, look wonderful, and last really well.

Must Have is my favorite - the perfect sheer red.

love these - give them a try!

on 7/21/2011 12:40:00 AM

I have this in "American Girl". It's nice nude color, matte, very creamy. Not particularly long-lasting but really cheap so not a big deal. Great for daytime, would buy again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this in some dark shade--I think "Blackberry" or something like that. I like the concept, but found unless my lips are very moist, this ends up looking too dry and accentuating any dryness or flakes. I just can't get away with wearing this type of product long-term, or frequently, without having seriously dry lips. So, no, have no plans to repurchase. I am interested in trying the UD "Pleather Pencils" as they seem more moisturizing (at least according to many reviewers here), but if they are like these Ulta pencils, that may not work out for me either!!

on 4/7/2003 11:06:00 PM

These are soft chubby lipstick style pencils- just like Urban Decay's Pleather pencils, except not *quite* as shiny (same exact size too! LOL!) They're very soft-the application glides right on. These chubby l/s pencils are near identical knockoffs to UD's- except a whole lot cheaper!! UD's are $14 each and I got Ulta's at the after Xmas sale for only $1.29 each!! Dirt cheap!! I'm really pleased with these- they remind me a lot of my beloved pleather pencils, but with a bigger color selection- the colors I have so far, are: Dusk, Bare, & Blackberry. Since they come sealed in shrinkwrap (not in a box to open up so you can check the colors), I had to go by the end of the pencil's color swatch.

Dusk looked like a med salmon pink color but turned out to be a YLBB color-I mean it matches my pigmented lips exactly!!! Not *entirely* sure if it's the "BB" (But Better) part, but it's definitely the YL (Your Lips) part!! :)

Bare looked more like shimmery goldy-pink on the pencil end, but once on-it's way more just a shimmery gold- I think I'll only be able to use it as a highlighter over other colors, as straight gold's not a color I can pull off well. ;)

Blackberry was a total surprise as it turned out to be *EXACTLY* the same color as my UD pleather pencil in Rubber!! (A dark vivid maroon color). I could have saved so much money buying the Ulta one!! Ah well, there are always cheaper versions of almost all higher end stuff anyway..

I couldn't find these on Ulta's website, so I hope they're weren't on sale dirt cheap because they're discontinuing them!! If you see any at your Ulta- I would highly reccommend buying some!! I will *def* grab some more when I go back!!

Popular Lipsticks