April 16, 2014 | 904 users online

Skincare - Body - Nivea - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

Cheap, works great

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by jelloween

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cheap product, works great for occasionally moisturizing dry legs and elbows. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis though as it contains far too much fragrance and chemical ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by redrobot77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it, grew up on this stuff and came back to it recently. This is the best cream for patchy elbows, dry feet, anywhere you need extra care basically. I buy the pots to use on my body but have a tube version to use on my face. It really is lovely after clarisonic, I mix it with 3-4 drops of my kiehl's midnight repair oil and wake up to great skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kluce59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this as my night time moisturizer for years and I will never use anything else. I am 53 years old and people consistently guess my age as being iin my 30's or younger. I have no wrinkles around my eyes or mouth and I attribute this to using the nivea. I agree with other reviewers that it is best used at night because of its consistency but you should use a daytime moisturizer that has an SPF anyway. It is also very cost effective. I will buy the big 13.5 ounce jar and it will last for more than 2 years( I was curious once so I put a dated sticker on the bottom with the date I first started using the jar) and it was over 2 years before I used the last of it. This is an old school cream that does not contain all the bells and whistles that other high end expensive moisturizers may have in them but as far as I am concerned this simple cream beats them all hands down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

I have only just tried this - can't believe I hadn't tried it years ago. This is a super thick super hydrating old-time moisturising cream but damn it is good if you have dry skin. My skin hasn't looked so glowy and fresh in years. I also love the old Olay lotions but they are just too light for my skin this is so emollient it is perfect. I have given up using my beloved Anew Reversalist night cream and switched to this - saved myself alot of money doing so as this is about $8 on special here in NZ. Too rich for day but perfect at night slathered over a serum or just on its own. Perfect around the eyes - I suffer from millia which most eye creams (apart from gels) irritate and just make worse, this just seems to lock in the moisture without causing more lumps. An old classic and for good reason! very thick - heat up slightly in your palms - rub them together about 6 times this friction softens the texture and allows it to glide on smoothly. The formula we have in NZ is in a blue plastic jar and is made in Germany - no parabens or preservatives so that is also a bonus. Cheap as chips and the best hand treatment for winter skin also.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Graciebell2005

Great for dry spots and damaged/ dry skin. But a bit too thick for everyday moisturizing. Nice clean citrus scent to it as well (:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by vintagegranny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream in conjunction with Pond's cold cream have turned my skin from problematic combination skin to smooth, clear and perfectly hydrated skin.

In January this year my skin looked a right disaster mainly due to the very cold winter we'd had so far (between -20 to -28 degrees Celsius), and in a fit or despair I tossed all of my expensive, useless Dermalogica and MD Formulations products, and dug out my old tin of Nivea from the back of the bathroom shelf. I remembered how my great aunt had used this cream her entire life, and had amazing skin. I had always thought that it would be too rich for me, but at that point I thought it was worth a try. I smeared it on, and removed the sticky residue with a cotton pad soaked in rose water I got for baking some time before. The next day the difference was striking. I swear it takes 20 years off the skin (I'm 39 years old).

Once I saw this I decided to continue using Nivea, and I also ordered Pond's cold cream online, since I had read such great things about it. And this regime really works. I cleanse my skin with Pond's, follow with Nivea and finish with rose water, and my skin looks fab. I might decide to test out other brands of cold cream, but I'm sticking with Nivea,

Update November 16th 2011

I decided to test a similar cream to this one, called Astral, as I found some rave reviews on it, and I decided to tell how I feel Nivea and Astral compare with each other. Astral has a lovely soft texture and opalescent shine to it, and it makes the skin very soft. There is also no need to use rose water after applying, as the cream sinks in very well. Nivea has a firmer texture and takes a bit of work to rub in, and it will leave a film on the skin. But as Astral unfortunately breaks me out (it made a mess of the side of the nose) and Nivea never has caused breakouts, Nivea still wins the competition.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always had mixed feelings about this cream.
It's a thick heavy moisturizer that's very greasy/oily to touch and doesn't seem to wear off for hours BUT it definitely does the job in terms off moisturizing.
If my skin is feeling really dry then i'l put it on before i go to bed, treat it as a night cream and when i wake up my skin is instantly softer with no trace of dryness.
I think that's the best way to use it, as it has time to fully sink in over night and do it's job properly but as a day cream it's too heavy because you have to wait a long time for it to fully absorb.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the moisturizing feeling on my hands

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. Mineral oil in thick cream form, heavily perfumed, & unpleasant greasy afterfeel. I'm used to this stuff since childhood. If I'm going to use a mineral oil based cream (which is fine sometimes) I'd rather use some other brand. I always hated the packaging too - the wide plastic jar would always screw on askew & the old fashioned tin was a pain in the butt to use.

My mom likes this stuff but she's old skool. Not me. I've even tried a number of other Nivea lotions & creams (including Soft which is okay) but none has impressed me enough to buy again or to actually even use...I gave them to my mom to finish.